Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: homebeta is already up and running..

Apr 24, 2007
I definitely know that people are using it right now, like Sony workers and stuff, but I don't think it is the closed Beta.  They are just testing it and stuff, but they willl probably have a closed Beta for a few people to sing up in, HOPEFULLY.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Apr 24, 2007
that article is bull **bleep** because they did not have any links to verify it, and sony employees are already using, ubt there will be a public closed and open beta.

"I Know Developers, they LOVE to change things." (Adapted from Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
PSN: nugz1212 60GB Headset, all that fun stuff...
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Apr 24, 2007
Look relax it aint the end of the world. Sony gave you guys a site to check and the site hasnt chnaged. Give them time and importantly stay positive. After all its only a beta and i'll suspect most of the features removed.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 24, 2007
I highly doubt Sony has made the decision to hold a beta test of 15,000 users, with only their employees and developers being participants.  They need constructive criticism from people who will make up the majority of users, not a kiss ass.  Hopefully, someone has the slightest bit of common sense at Sony Europe HQ.

As others have said no links to verify the claim. And the Home site remains the same.  The least Sony would have done is give a notification to the morons who refresh the page every hour.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Apr 24, 2007
i officially hate ps3 center i almost went crazy when i saw that article...

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Apr 24, 2007

Lordn00b wrote:
I highly doubt Sony has made the decision to hold a beta test of 15,000 users, with only their employees and developers being participants.  They need constructive criticism from people who will make up the majority of users, not a kiss ass.  Hopefully, someone has the slightest bit of common sense at Sony Europe HQ.

As others have said no links to verify the claim. And the Home site remains the same.  The least Sony would have done is give a notification to the morons who refresh the page every hour.

Yeah right. Keeping people informed about PS3 related things is not one of Sony's specialties.
Jaeyden
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2933 posts

Apr 24, 2007
Keep checking back on this site to register an interest in taking part in an exclusive closed Beta Trial of Home™. "The Home System is currently in restricted BETA stages and will enter the Closed Beta stage (approx. 15,000 users): April - August 2007, followed by the Open Beta (approx. 50,000 users): August - October and then finally will go live in October."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_Home#History"
LittleBigPlanet
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 24, 2007
Of course it's up and running.  It's probably in the stage called "Friends and Family" which means just that, close friends and family of Sony developers are in the testing, as well as other long term testers for Sony, or even people hand picked from these forums who have had a long history of helping the systems. 

What about the general public? Not yet.  It's coming soon.  Everything will be okay.

(PSN: CraigHwk)
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
863 posts

Apr 24, 2007
don't do that i almost had an heart attack

Message Edited by ps305 on 04-24-2007 03:00 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Apr 24, 2007
I hope my team and I can get into the Home Beta.  Coming from a Xbox Live background (was beta tester), I would love to see what Home is really like.
PSN ID: SplitFish-DD

Team SplitFish
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes