Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 05 2013
By: X_Blood_Demon_8 Splicer 40 posts

home is not a game because it is virtually real...

52 replies 588 views Edited Sep 5, 2013

many ppl feel home is just a game, but i see it otheerwise. we deel with the emotions and designs of those who are showing their inner selves. i like to help those on home who need it. if there is anyone being bullied u are effecting the real person. yea it is virtual but it is virtually real. u have to be careful what u say. believe it or not, it is the same as the real world. we interact with one another. without this contact it would be a game full of npc's, (non player characters). i want ppl to realize u can ruin a persons life or reputation on home in an instant along with their self esteem.

if u are careless u should not play home in my oppinion. if u like hurting others by all means play home. but ppl will report u and ppl like me will stand up against u. if u are fine with that u should play home as well, but if u want to play home how ever u like. i am just saying that i will be one of them protecting those who are not at fault.

if both sides are at fault i will let u battle it out. it would be pointless because i would be picked on by both sides, and it would defeat the purpose.

if there is two ppl at fualt they should suck it up and apologize to eachother and end it theirselves.

that is all i have to say about that. i hope you all the best and take care...

Message 1 of 53 (588 Views)
Last Guardian
11581 posts

Re: home is not a game because it is virtually real...

Sep 5, 2013

"Home is a virtual 3D social gaming platform developed"

*in Dr. Evil's Voice* riggght.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Message 2 of 53 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2977 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

I've heard people say that Home is just another video game. But like you I also think it is so much more. I say it's more of a social online experience than just a mere video game. Sometimes when I'm in public spaces it does feel like I'm back in grade school with all the teasing and bullying going on. People judging you on the way you avatar looks and what clothes your wearing. And strangely enough it's not only the kids that do that. Some people I know who are in their 20's or 30's also tend to get involved in this childish behavior. It's sad really when they have to lower themselves to that level. :manfrustrated: 

bobs fed signature
Message 3 of 53 (537 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Here's my 2 cents. Since I have access to file system on my ps3(puts my hands up to block mods, I'm a good girl!) I been able to see certain files and identifying tags. Home is not even considered a game by Sony's standard in fact. it's automatically placed under "Network" because the Param.SFO says not a game and dot acts the type of content it is. It's a social network! And I agree with category Sony placed it under as well. Games to try to touch emotional level and that's different debate. However the interactions on home are user to user. This is a community framework.. Simple enough to call it a social network. Games have objective that can create social interactions, home has no real defined objective. Just enjoy the community and players who also are enjoying it. It's a meet and greet place the original intent of home was and still is to get user to expand their own social realm online and discover wider verity of games and users. Now to clarify why I have access to my filesystem. Actually, ill allow you guys to use imagination... My mouth I too big hahaha!
its sticky and ickey
Message 4 of 53 (497 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Home is what you want it to be as long as you are respectful to others
Message 5 of 53 (491 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Home is my wheelie bin....
its sticky and ickey
Message 6 of 53 (474 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Life is a GAME

It is a game of survival, success, friendship, love, and power.

Home is like Life in that is the SAME game, just with different parameters.

Unlike Video Games, Home is not scripted, there is no specific storyline arc, and there is no beginning or end.

"wins" like "losses" are JUST like your "successes" and "failures" in Real Life.

You have your various pecking orders and caste systems, just like in real life - and they are JUST as arbitrary and illogical.

You have cliques, and gangs, and cartels.

You have Heros and Thugs, and Vigilantes, and Victims

You have humor, drama, pain, tears, laughter, anger, and love.

Those of you who condemn and criticize are like a blind man commenting on an elephant.

You are clueless as to the joys and wonderment that are within Home.

Home is a Game of Life.

Just one without physical wounds or possessions.

And for all the foolish who constantly harp how people take Home too seriously....

Have YOU ever played ANY game to LOSE???

Checkers?  tic-tac-toe? Hangman? ANY GAME??? No. Human Nature is always to be in a position of superiority.

Be it clothing, money, fame, kids, what ever. Humans ALWAYS want to "win" at their Life choices.

Home is no different.

Of course, you progress much further in the Game of Home if you try to maintain a modicum of manners and humor.

The rude and the stupid never win ANY games they play in, from chess to Monopoly...

And while there is NO specific "end game" to Home, just as in real Life, there are countless battles, victories, and losses.

If you learn to play the game with respect and humor, you win SO much more than the virtual tee-shirts and other items.

You get friends, and entertainment, and fun, and the feeling that you are part of something that connects the entire world through your TV screen, in "real time" where YOU are the "star" of your own little reality Universe called HOME...

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 7 of 53 (462 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Let me stop you right there. Life isn't a game... It's awful cereal.. :smileyhappy:
its sticky and ickey
Message 8 of 53 (458 Views)
Survivor
1840 posts

Sep 5, 2013

That Bozo lost so many battles she can't see the difference between life and games...

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 9 of 53 (454 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Chews on my snow cone... Continue...
its sticky and ickey
Message 10 of 53 (446 Views)