Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Mar 28 2007
By: OverTaker Sackboy 501 posts
Offline

home is free but at what cost.

9 replies 27 views Edited Mar 28, 2007
For how long??? Severs cost money, money comes from adds and micro transactions, if this is the only two source's of income then you beater kiss your XMB by by. If some of you think it wont be mandatory for you to do all your on line gaming through home you are fooling your self. Stop thinking you can have it all, we have the most powerful gaming machine in history. Home will be free but the XMB will not be an option for buying things from PSN or even a friends list it will be all about home. Before you disagree think about what i am saying,this is a business out to make MONEY!!!!
THE BIGGER MAN IS THE ONE WHO
KNOWS HE HAS MADE THE RIGHT
DECISION TO BUY THE BEST CONSOLE
THE PS4 IS THAT CONSOLE
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/01/2004
Offline
1256 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007
They make money through advertisements. Sony has stated on more than 1 occasion that Home is optional. Go back to Xbox forums please.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/03/2007
Offline
2512 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007


markdawg7x wrote:
They make money through advertisements. Sony has stated on more than 1 occasion that Home is optional. Go back to Xbox forums please.


Yeah, what he ^^^ said!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/20/2007
Offline
790 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007
It will be free for alot of things. They will make alot of money from this. Cus they will start a add program. You cant complain about that inless u all ready do in your real life. Cus adds are everywhere haha. Its the perefect idea and they all ready spoke of this,
PSN - NOOB-LIFE

LIFES A BALANCE
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/13/2003
Offline
591 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007
Think of it like a PC "game" (non-subscription based).


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/24/2007
Offline
1760 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007


red_pill_taker wrote:
For how long??? Severs cost money, money comes from adds and micro transactions, if this is the only two source's of income then you beater kiss your XMB by by. If some of you think it wont be mandatory for you to do all your on line gaming through home you are fooling your self. Stop thinking you can have it all, we have the most powerful gaming machine in history. Home will be free but the XMB will not be an option for buying things from PSN or even a friends list it will be all about home. Before you disagree think about what i am saying,this is a business out to make MONEY!!!!


1) There's no way XMB's gonna get taken off the ps3. See the large apartment in the demo? See the pool table inside of it? A lot of the customization (save your music/videos/pictures) are premium content. Premium content= PS Store. While each item isn't too much at all, people will want to get extra stuff to their space, and will be willing to pay for it. And there can be a LOT of people who want to get a bigger space, make their space look more unique, etc.- meaning Sony can make money from Home w/ the free servers,etc.
 
2) Learn to spell
 
3) a. Go back to your Xbox threads, we don't go to yours. b. Stop flaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/24/2006
Offline
501 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007
i love my playstaion 3 and will never own a xbox 360 all i am saying is all on line systems will be on home and not an option on the XMB maybe not at launch but down the line.
 
THE BIGGER MAN IS THE ONE WHO
KNOWS HE HAS MADE THE RIGHT
DECISION TO BUY THE BEST CONSOLE
THE PS4 IS THAT CONSOLE
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/09/2007
Offline
1337 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007
The income comes from the ads and premium items they sell and such.

Ads can cost quite a bit to put on. Premium items, even if they are cheap, Sony knows many many people will buy them.

With the profits Sony hopes to make in future, that'll cover for the costs really, along side with the income they get from the things in Home.

Also, is the development space on Home free for developers? Or do deverlopers sort of have to purchase some kind of license or space to build their world in Home? Anyone clarify this for me?

Anyways, regardless, Sony will have enough.
David Tran
Bits & Pieces
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/18/2007
Offline
553 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007
Perfect Example:

Google.

End of Discussion.


Message Edited by Instant_Dave on 03-28-2007 01:10 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/15/2007
Offline
709 posts
 

Re: home is free but at what cost.

Mar 28, 2007


bitsnpieces wrote:
The income comes from the ads and premium items they sell and such.

Ads can cost quite a bit to put on. Premium items, even if they are cheap, Sony knows many many people will buy them.

With the profits Sony hopes to make in future, that'll cover for the costs really, along side with the income they get from the things in Home.

Also, is the development space on Home free for developers? Or do deverlopers sort of have to purchase some kind of license or space to build their world in Home? Anyone clarify this for me?

Anyways, regardless, Sony will have enough.


I'm not 100% sadly on the develepors part, I know they posted all the info in their FAQ back on the home page.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes