Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
3344 posts

Re: home influence on gta5 online

Aug 16, 2013

ptmacey wrote:

after just watching gta5 online video it struck me how much it seems to be inspired by pshome particularly one section states "buy apartments and invite youre friends over".

i just wondered on people opinions of the similarities and the not so similar,

in some respects i always hoped home would end up like this  with lots of fun games  etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4TiCx78220i

its sure gonna give the fams somewhere to hangout lol

Newflash - several worlds offer their customers the ability to purchase apartments for using as hangouts.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 21 of 49 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3968 posts

Aug 16, 2013

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

microsoft will hopefully have the biggest influence on gta5 in a way that it will look and play better on xbox. gta4 was far superior whn played on xbox .            i will probably get trolled for saying that

actually Leslie Benzies said in an interview with computerandvideogames.com that it'll be VERY difficult to tell the difference between the versions & that they pretty much run parallel together, only difference I kno of is the 360 version requires multiple discs as most of the Xbox's games do

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 22 of 49 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Aug 16, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

microsoft will hopefully have the biggest influence on gta5 in a way that it will look and play better on xbox. gta4 was far superior whn played on xbox .            i will probably get trolled for saying that

I noticed you used the word hopefully - that  indicates to me that you're not as sure as you want to make people believe.

Anyway, I at one time played Xbox as well as Playstation and Wii...  But when Xbox and Wii started collecting dust, I knew what console was best for me,,, it's all about the games, especially exclusive games and Sony is light years ahead of the competition in that area.

Sorry you are stuck in a rut and feel you have to defend a console that is inferior, but that's the choices in life people make:smileysad:

ok so if its all about games wouldn't it make sense to play on the console the games were developed for? almost every multi platform game is developed for xbox          thats y ps3 users usually have to wait for a patch to fix the game

Message 23 of 49 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Aug 16, 2013

gamer_316 wrote:

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

actually Leslie Benzies said in an interview with computerandvideogames.com that it'll be VERY difficult to tell the difference between the versions & that they pretty much run parallel together, only difference I kno of is the 360 version requires multiple discs as most of the Xbox's games do

funny how the same thing was said before gta4 was released and then the comparison videos start showing up. the multiple disc thing woul only be an issue to people who are to fat and lazy to get up  and change a disc

Message 24 of 49 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11880 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:
You mean "Flip Flop Soft"? The company who doesnt even know who they are or what they're doing? The company that stated at E3 "This is the XBox One. We cannot change anything or remove any of these features. What you see is what you get." Then 2 months later, they go back on practically EVERYTHING they said couldnt be undone. You mean THAT company? LOL

The 360 sucks. XBox One sucks. Microsoft sucks. Sony will rule next gen with PS4, and...GTA5 will be superior on PS3 and even better when it gets ported to PS4.

Did you forget what forum board you wandered into? This is SONY. LOL

awww ur such a well trained fan boy. dont get mad at me cuz i stated a fact about xbox having the better version of gta4

To be honest with you. Xbox having a better version than PS3? let me check the comparison...yep, almost the same thing but with PC, whoa whoa whoa thats a whole another story

no? fine i can tell you: PC hads almost better graphs depends on how power yo computatora, Mods that can make the game better, and everything else...PC...yep...here the story, watch this video 

and one more thing to say: Please don't say "OMG XBOX HAS BETTER GRAPH THAN PS3" again. I'm getting tired of it

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 25 of 49 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11880 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

I noticed you used the word hopefully - that  indicates to me that you're not as sure as you want to make people believe.

Anyway, I at one time played Xbox as well as Playstation and Wii...  But when Xbox and Wii started collecting dust, I knew what console was best for me,,, it's all about the games, especially exclusive games and Sony is light years ahead of the competition in that area.

Sorry you are stuck in a rut and feel you have to defend a console that is inferior, but that's the choices in life people make:smileysad:

ok so if its all about games wouldn't it make sense to play on the console the games were developed for? almost every multi platform game is developed for xbox          thats y ps3 users usually have to wait for a patch to fix the game

http://www.crytek.com/cryengine/cryengine3/overview for a small example (under Live Create)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 26 of 49 (277 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6126 posts

Aug 16, 2013

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

XBoxisbetter545 wrote:

I don't just play multiplayer games,,, I like groundbreaking think outside the box games...   Something Xbox has failed to do because they refuse to allow creativity - even the latest version of Halo borrowed the look and feel of Killzone... SMH.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 49 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
377 posts

Aug 16, 2013

If this is going to turn into a whole fan boy thing than Saints Row 2, 3, 4 wins because no matter what console or PC you can play it on.

GTA4 (& maybe GTA5) lose because of poor driving physics & dull story telling. The only way GTA can be good is on PC if you mod the heck out of it. And some of it is even desperate pandering to Saints Row fans when they mod in Saints Row Weapons.

Finally Saints Row 2 & 3 win for simply having clothes on PS Home. Maybe they have GTA clothes on Xbox 360, but Xbox Avatars are of childish (as they look like children) quality & you get stuck with only one gender.

Back to GTA Online though it'll eventually be over shadowed if next Gen Saints Row does something similar. So Rockstar should really be thinking about porting GTA Online before that might happen for their own good.

One more thing though before someone declares that Saints Row copied GTA. iPad copied Napster & no one cares about Napster anymore.

Message 28 of 49 (258 Views)
I Only Post Everything
675 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

Looking forward to this, we should have a Home party in someone's GTAV apartment then proceed to wreak a little havok around the city. 16 player personal space / city sandbox...looks like they thought of everything :smileyhappy:

The apartment in the preview is like a harbor studio, I bet the TV plays more stuff than the Mansion one in Home...

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Message 29 of 49 (250 Views)
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Home needs to step its game up 

Message 30 of 49 (241 Views)
0 Likes