Aug 15 2013
By: ptmacey Sackboy 445 posts

home influence on gta5 online

[ Edited ]
48 replies 780 views Edited Aug 15, 2013

after just watching gta5 online video it struck me how much it seems to be inspired by pshome particularly one section states "buy apartments and invite youre friends over".

i just wondered on people opinions of the similarities and the not so similar,

in some respects i always hoped home would end up like this  with lots of fun games  etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4TiCx78220i

its sure gonna give the fams somewhere to hangout lol

Message 1 of 49 (780 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4481 posts

Re: home influence on gta5 online

Aug 15, 2013

Yeah, because the ideal of Home inspired Rockstar devs. That's a funny joke you have there.

Let's blame the devs over at The Sims Studio too.

YB

Message 2 of 49 (758 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Aug 15, 2013

yah lol i was nt exactly stating rockstar were inspired by home but im sure the idea of persitent  3d worlds is  gonna be used more and more in the future of gaming .

Or maybe they were and just decided to rid of home of all the fams by giving them a hangout.

it will be interesting to see if rockstar have any items such as apts or clothes for sale with real cash

Message 3 of 49 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Aug 15, 2013
The open application is as big as its ever been...I don't think Home wasn't an influence but maybe this game can influence Home and help devs create bigger and better ideas
Message 4 of 49 (735 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Not just Home.

I think a variety of social platforms LIKE Home, Second Life, and MMO's alike have all had a hand in GTA5 Online. Devs take inspiration from a lot of platforms out there.

As for the trailer...this is SICK on so many levels. With so many MMO's and multiplayer games on the horizon...Home is gonna have some heavy competition on it's hands. This essentially makes Home look like Free Realms. LOL

I usually just play GTA for the storyline. Didnt really care for GTA4 multiplayer. THIS however...I may get just for the online part. OMG I cant wait. O_O
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 5 of 49 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1836 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Message 6 of 49 (689 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 16, 2013

ptmacey wrote:

after just watching gta5 online video it struck me how much it seems to be inspired by pshome particularly one section states "buy apartments and invite youre friends over".

i just wondered on people opinions of the similarities and the not so similar,

in some respects i always hoped home would end up like this  with lots of fun games  etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4TiCx78220i

its sure gonna give the fams somewhere to hangout lol

Only if their parents buy them GTA5 :smileywink:

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 49 (676 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Aug 16, 2013

You could buy houses on vice city and san andreas before home even existed so how did home inspire rockstar to sell houses on their games

Message 8 of 49 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Aug 16, 2013

GTA V looks so sick !!! The similarities with this and Home are diiferent because You pay for apartments and on GTA you have to do missions and other things.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 49 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
399 posts

Aug 16, 2013

I doubt PS Home had any influence on GTA Online. A lot of open world games try to make you feel a part of it. In which case the very first virtual house I ever owned was in The Legend Of Zelda Link To The Past after Link's Uncle dies. Though that was before the Internet. Thing is even once such a thing is possible like it is now its not that far of a stretch to see it happen anywhere or everywhere without that influence coming from anyone.

Message 10 of 49 (662 Views)
0 Likes