Feb 17 2013
By: whyaskdouknow I Only Post Everything 1043 posts

hdd storage

5 replies 188 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

so now that home info is on the servers can we delete the info on your hard drive ?

[Edited}
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: hdd storage

Feb 17, 2013
Yes but I wouldn't.. To be safe lol
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Yes, Because all Data on the HDD will no longer be read if u have been on Home and transferred to the servers with 1.75 all HDD data then is useless.... So leaving it on the HDD is only taking up HDD space and it will never be used for Home again anyways due to 1.75....

If u are worried and have a USB stick back it up on USB in case but again not gonna work later anyways....

Ur Choice!

I been on Home since Feb 2009 and YES once it was transferred to the Servers YES i deleted all Files on my HDD!

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (158 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5403 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Deleting them probably isn't very wise at this point. Some people are being asked to upload their data again, and if that happens to you when you don't have any data at all to upload you may lose all game progress, saved avatars, furniture layouts, etc.

If it were me I would keep the Home save files on your PS3 until things smooth out a little.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Feb 18, 2013

ProfessorTripp wrote:
Deleting them probably isn't very wise at this point. Some people are being asked to upload their data again, and if that happens to you when you don't have any data at all to upload you may lose all game progress, saved avatars, furniture layouts, etc.

If it were me I would keep the Home save files on your PS3 until things smooth out a little.

If the Data Transfer worked the first time it won't ask for it again...

And if it fails the first time... It corrupts ur current Data and that data can't be used ever again so u have to have a USB backup and delete current corrupted data and use USB backup then try it again for it work!

I know i had two profiles on Wed that didn't work when first logging into Home... What Happened? It corrupted my Avatar save files.... Yes It did LUCKY for me i had them on USB backup and had to delete the corrupted files and replace them with the USB backup... Then i was able to log back into Home and get it then to upload to the Home Servers.... NOW the Data is on the Servers it no longer is need on the HDD!

So i deleted all DATA from my HDD!  I don't need them now since there on the severs they won't ever read from the HDD ever again so why leave them on it.... Just saying ur wasting ur HDD space it won't be needed if the ur date is on the servers now...

Of course i still have the old files on USB Backups from a year ago.... But i'lll never need those again either right!

:smileywink:

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1453 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Considering all the problems they are having right now, it's not impossible that they could roll back the update. Then if you deleted your files, you would be out of luck. I'd hold on to them until things are fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes