Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 07 2013
By: un_4_gettable1 Monster Hunter 33 posts

freeing up space in home apartments

11 replies 186 views Edited Jun 7, 2013

I bought furnitures to decorate my space "City of flowers penthouse". it has some large rooms, when I try to decorate two rooms it says I have to free up spaces when there is no furniture in the room at all, the room is empty. please tell me how do I decorate these rooms there is no furniture in the room how do I free up space when there is nothing to free up, the room is empty. thank you.

Message 1 of 12 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Re: freeing up space in home apartments

Jun 7, 2013
You have reached the memory limit. You must delete some items from the other room in order to place items in the empty room. :smileyfrustrated: Good luck. :smileywink:
Message 2 of 12 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Space is shared between all rooms there. You'll have to remove some decoration there to make room.

Message 3 of 12 (175 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1994 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Do you have furniture in any of the other rooms perhaps? If so you just may be taking up to many slots and need to get rid of some furniture from the other areas of your personal space.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
675 posts

Jun 7, 2013

When you place furniture, there is an indicator with little boxes that shows how many "slots" you have left for the entire space. Keep an eye on that and if you reach 100 slots, you need to remove some furniture to place any more in the space.

Message 5 of 12 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Yup.
Srry.. Its all limited. The limit is 100.
And thats all u can get.
Its pretty obvious to see these things nowadays.
Unlike before.
Keep a heads up and use common sense.
And use less little things.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 6 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1398 posts

Jun 7, 2013
There are a few options. There (for example) is an active item cactus. It allows you to place 20 cacti in your space and only uses a few slots. I also saw some flower vases that are the same way.
Message 7 of 12 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jun 7, 2013

un_4_gettable1 wrote:

I bought furnitures to decorate my space "City of flowers penthouse". it has some large rooms, when I try to decorate two rooms it says I have to free up spaces when there is no furniture in the room at all, the room is empty. please tell me how do I decorate these rooms there is no furniture in the room how do I free up space when there is nothing to free up, the room is empty. thank you.

This has and will likely always be an issue with Home... But if we had better support from Sony there are certainly workable solutions.

One possible solution that would solve multiple issues is to add an option to save multiple layouts of our spaces.  This way, not only could we *once again be able to save multiple layouts of our spaces for things like holiday themes, special events, etc, but for large spaces, you could save different layouts for specific areas in the space.

* prior to the 1.75 update we could save multiple layouts by making copies of the game save file for each space and each dif layout

For instance, in a two story space, you could have one layout for the downstairs, and another layout for the upstairs.  Or in your case, dif layouts for dif areas or rooms in your space, so that you would not be limited to just 100 slots in total without having to manually redecorate (which can be VERY time consuming, especially when trying to find things in storage thanks to the lack of a 2nd storage folder that isn't a spillover and the lack of adequate sort and filter options in storage).

Yes, it would mean you would have to reset the space to load a dif layout, but that is a small inconvenience compared to constantly trying to redecorate each time, which can take hours, even days for some complex layouts.

Unfortunately though, this has been suggested to our Community Manager and the Home staff for a VERY long time, years even, and so far not only has it never been implemented, but they wont even respond to any of the requests.  In fact, last year when it was announced that we would no longer be able to use our Home game save files after the 1.75 update, GlassWalls finally did respond to the outcry from those saying they would lose all their multiple layouts suggesting this was the first time he had heard of anyone suggesting an option to save multiple layouts - and when it was pointed out all the times that that option was brought up before, he hasn't replied since.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 12 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Thank you. much appreciated.

Message 9 of 12 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts