Jun 6, 2007
Like the Truman show?
Message 32 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: does sony watch us??

Jun 6, 2007
I don't mind if sony watches me while I'm in public places, but not while I'm in my personal home space.  If you and your friends are watching a flick on your HDD, and it just so happens to not be on DVD yet.  If they come in and shut you down, thats like 'big brother', that would scare some people away.

Message 33 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2543 posts

Jun 6, 2007
Seeing how Myspace and yahoo have come under fire within the last two years, Sony would be stupid not to...from a liability stand point i mean. Say for instance someone made a drug deal on Home with someone from their local town and said person overdoses leaving some message or something on their ps3...the media would blame sony and completely ignore said drug dealer... spouting crazed things like "Could this have been avoided if Sony didn't offer Home as an online community?"...which is completely screwed up...but i could see it happening.
You will be ministers of death praying for war!!! -R.Lee Ermey
Message 34 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Jun 6, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

red dog1 wrote:
And this has what to do with Home??

I think this thread is for certain people to make useless posts to rank up... no one in particular. Just someone who posted two words after every other post.

Not me!

Oh wait *counts words in post*
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 35 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Jun 6, 2007

chaosis wrote:
Seeing how Myspace and yahoo have come under fire within the last two years, Sony would be stupid not to...from a liability stand point i mean. Say for instance someone made a drug deal on Home with someone from their local town and said person overdoses leaving some message or something on their ps3...the media would blame sony and completely ignore said drug dealer... spouting crazed things like "Could this have been avoided if Sony didn't offer Home as an online community?"...which is completely screwed up...but i could see it happening.

I'm sorry but this has to be the most retarded thing I have seen in a long time. So instead of doing the stroke in person there dealing on Home?? Melwood called.... they have room for you.

Message Edited by red dog1 on 06-06-2007 12:55 PM
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 36 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2543 posts

Jun 6, 2007

red dog1 wrote:

chaosis wrote:
Seeing how Myspace and yahoo have come under fire within the last two years, Sony would be stupid not to...from a liability stand point i mean. Say for instance someone made a drug deal on Home with someone from their local town and said person overdoses leaving some message or something on their ps3...the media would blame sony and completely ignore said drug dealer...

I'm sorry but this has to be the most retarded thing I have seen in a long time. So instead of doing the stroke in person there dealing on Home?? Melwood called.... they have room for you.

So myspace/yahoo aren't blamed for the pediphiles that stalk within their community? The possibility of what was written cannot exist? Because criminals/drug dealers are oh so smart? You're saying that the criminal mind does not exploit technology?....Your post borders on the idiotic...what i wrote was merely an scenario.
Message 37 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Jun 6, 2007

chaosis wrote:

red dog1 wrote:

chaosis wrote:
Seeing how Myspace and yahoo have come under fire within the last two years, Sony would be stupid not to...from a liability stand point i mean. Say for instance someone made a drug deal on Home with someone from their local town and said person overdoses leaving some message or something on their ps3...the media would blame sony and completely ignore said drug dealer...

So myspace/yahoo aren't blamed for the pediphiles that stalk within their community? The possibility of what was written cannot exist? Because criminals/drug dealers are oh so smart? You're saying that the criminal mind does not exploit technology?....Your post borders on the idiotic...what i wrote was merely an scenario.

No the offenders are blamed for their actions.

Yep , I seriously doubt a dealer is going to converse on the PS3 to deal. (cell phones/pagers) are the technology they use.

That scenario was retarded like I said. The dealer makes a deal on the PS3 then goes to the local buyer who then manages to overdose on the drugs he bought. But somehow before he croaks posts a message about the dealer selling them to him??. Sorry but that scenario is idiotic not my response.

People are responsible for their own action, not the technology they use. I guess we should blame Boeing for making the planes that slammed into the towers on 911.

RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 38 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2543 posts

Jun 6, 2007

red dog1 wrote:
No the offenders are blamed for their actions.

Yep , I seriously doubt a dealer is going to converse on the PS3 to deal. (cell phones/pagers) are the technology they use.

People are responsible for their own action, not the technology they use. I guess we should blame Boeing for making the planes that slammed into the towers on 911.

so let me get this straight...according to you (red dog1) i stated that this was acceptable within my first post? hmmm let me see here oh no i didn't

Seeing how Myspace and yahoo have come under fire within the last two years, Sony would be stupid not to...from a liability stand point i mean. Say for instance someone made a drug deal on Home with someone from their local town and said person overdoses leaving some message or something on their ps3...the media would blame sony and completely ignore said drug dealer... spouting crazed things like "Could this have been avoided if Sony didn't offer Home as an online community?"...which is completely screwed up...but i could see it happening. That's the whole post...ok

And it's a fact that in todays world corporations are being used as scapegoats for people's actions...for example(got that... example) Wal Mart came under fire over the Columbine thing for selling ammunition to minors (meaning the media blamed Walmart...ok)...they have shows completely dedicated to exploiting and demonizing myspace because some people are sick and most people don't MONITOR what their kids do in online communities (hmm sounds like what Home is being marketed as)...our society does nothing but place blame on everyone else other than the individual...face it man mainstream media distorts things in order to make a story more controversial is all i was trying to say...Most current news story was the Virginia Tech killer...Counter Strike was blamed...his pyschologist...i even saw an instance where the news tried to place blame on the former room mates for not telling someone the guy was messed up...But i hardly ever heard anyone actually place blame on the nut job.

Message Edited by chaosis on 06-06-2007 11:13 AM
Message 39 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Jun 6, 2007
And I commented on your WHOLE post.

Sony should not be monitoring my conversations for any reason! The drug dealer thing was just a stupid example.
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 40 of 49 (5 Views)
0 Likes