Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2020 posts

Re: clothing for women who votes for this crap?

Oct 10, 2012

Brises_0000

Your analysis of ages in gaming demographics is actually incorrect. Maybe back in the 90's games were mostly created and designed for teenage males, but nowadays the average gamer (statistically) is 37 years old. Thats according to the ESA, as quoted in this article.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110837-New-Demographics-Show-Gamers-Are-Getting-Older

"Most striking is the ESA's claim that the average gamer is now 37 years old. This theoretical person has been playing games for 12 years and there is a pretty solid chance that he might actually be a SHE."

"42 percent of gamers are of the female persuasion, the report claims, and lady gamers make up a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (37 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (13 percent)." 

There is and always has been one constant factor in game development, MMO's, social gaming networks like 2nd Life and even Playstation Home: SEX SELLS. Developers know full well that they would make more money off of a product if they can appeal to an audience through sex appeal. TEAM NINJA, the developers behind the Dead Or Alive fighting game series especially knows this all too well. The games feature scantly clad females with oversized breasts that actually jiggle and bounce with movement...and guess what...it's primarily because of that factor why DOA 4 has sold over 1 MILLION copies and why DOA 5 is predicted to do the same.

(http://n4g.com/news/14157/dead-or-alive-4-sells-over-1-million-copies)

Those of you who are offended by this concept, should really try to adapt and get over it. If Home developers were pushing clothing lines less revealing and provocative, they simply would not sell as well as their controversial counterparts...at least not here in North America. And when you really think about it, it does reflect how todays demographic dresses in real life, as well. Walk into any mall, night club, movie theatre, bar or even a wal-mart and notice how younger females dress....and tell me im wrong. LOL

It's not just how males percieve females in gaming, but how females percieve themselves as well. Class, dignity and self respect has taken a back burner to this generation of youth. Might as well get used to it.  ^_^

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 54 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 10, 2012

What voting are you actually referring too?

Because I never took part, in any voting.

To me, I dress my avi in what I think looks best for her. Do I dress like my female avi in real life? Not really. However, Home gives me the playing field to expand my horizons.

Plus, I feel if anyone is looking at an avatar in a provocative way. It's the person who is thinking about it, with the issue.

As we all have noticed, tops are getting shorter and shorts are getting shorter. Do I mind it? Not at all.

I'm not on Home to flaunt my avi.

I dress in what I like, not what I think will have dudes popping their toys.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 54 (250 Views)
Sackboy
282 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I can agree there are a lot of distasteful clothing items in Home. As an example I've seen my fair share of female avis wearing the gold amazonian top with the Cammy bottom. I think wearing those kinds of items in places such as the Hub does call for attention. But are those actual females playing or are they male? You can easily assume they would be male, but there are also women who choose to dress that way. It can be hard to tell.

Me personally, I like to show some skin on my avi, but generally that would be at the beach. Any other time I like to dress up in skirts/dresses. My favorite devs consist of Lockwood and Granzella and they have a lot of conserative clothing styles. As for making female avis with bigger "junk", it can be tastefully done just as Granzella did with the newest swimsuit releases.

MissMajor_ForumSig_Hearts
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 54 (248 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3619 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I don't think we need to get used to it, but we do have the choice to overlook and simply not buy items on home that we find to be offensive to us.  We are a nation of complainers we want to complain about everything as a cry out to draw attention to ourselves.  I don't think people who choose to wear these items the ones that want the attention, Its the ones that often claim to be offended by what others choose to wear in fact the ones that want the attention they are not getting by not wearing these items. 

Embrace Tomorrow
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 54 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2020 posts

Oct 10, 2012

"Female avis wearing the gold amazonian top with the Cammy bottom."

LOL. Who would do that? Seriously? Those 2 items dont even match, let alone go together. And people think that looks sexy? o_O

No...that just looks stupid. And since were on the topic of looks, there are a lot of G.I.R.L.S out there that seriously need to learn how to put on makeup, especially blush if you are gonna insist on using a female avi. Less is more. Dont pick the brightest shade of pink and crank it all the way up to 100%  LOLZ. 

There are youtube videos that can help you with this, if you need it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jt1674nnAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMhzY-FuCi0&feature=related

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 54 (226 Views)
Wastelander
578 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Shadow-Runner wrote:

There are youtube videos that can help you with this, if you need it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jt1674nnAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMhzY-FuCi0&feature=related

LOL @ the 3 minute mark in the first video. She's going to rip her eye out with that thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 54 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3148 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Hey OP, wanna know who votes for this crap? There's a "fashion" thread around here.. you'll get your answers soon enough. Last god knows how many pages are almost all bikini shoots by men or average women wanting to play rich girl or elitist FHM model.

I had to put quotation marks because it's a term is used almost as loosely as the "models". A lot of them are in cahoots with devs as well and keep pushing this idea they're the popular people and should make clothes to fit them. So if you want to see more conservative stuff you got 2 options: 1) rally some people to buy overwhelming about of normal clothes for girls 2) become a sellout clone, buy into the politics and try and make a difference in the right circle by bringing intelligence and some tasteful styles to the table.

I don't think what I've said is offensive. It can't be denied. I think it was once a very useful and amazing podium for women but now it's become a 3 ring circus with all the animals being replaced by Stepford Wives in bikinis.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 54 (190 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29173 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Users vote with their purchases. They certainly do.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 54 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 10, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
Hey OP, wanna know who votes for this crap? There's a "fashion" thread around here.. you'll get your answers soon enough. Last god knows how many pages are almost all bikini shoots by men or average women wanting to play rich girl or elitist FHM model.

I had to put quotation marks because it's a term is used almost as loosely as the "models". A lot of them are in cahoots with devs as well and keep pushing this idea they're the popular people and should make clothes to fit them. So if you want to see more conservative stuff you got 2 options: 1) rally some people to buy overwhelming about of normal clothes for girls 2) become a sellout clone, buy into the politics and try and make a difference in the right circle by bringing intelligence and some tasteful styles to the table.

I don't think what I've said is offensive. It can't be denied. I think it was once a very useful and amazing podium for women but now it's become a 3 ring circus with all the animals being replaced by Stepford Wives in bikinis.

And the truth speaks for itself when its spoken...thanks for speaking it

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 54 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Users vote with their purchases. They certainly do.

It just makes me wonder, are people really surprised at the clothing we get? I mean, it's not always formal. That we all know.

But these days, I'm not really shocked when "loose clothing" is produced.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 54 (124 Views)
0 Likes