Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1828 posts

Re: clothing for women who votes for this crap?

Oct 10, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

the issue is somewhat the same for guys.

while the majority of actual clothes for girls are somewhat skanky, the majority of actual clothes for guys are either hipster crap or "look at me im a gangsta" crap. ive actually been using the same pants for about 2 years because all the new ones suck.

Home is just following the fashion trends of the real world, despite how ugly they may be.

and frankly, 70% of the girls i see in Home are wearing the skanky clothes. tiny bikinis and high heels, really? and then they get mad when people hit on them. if they tried not to dress like a stripper and im sure less creeps will flok to them.

That's because the target demographic of game developers is teenage males. The female designs are base on the way teenage males like to see girls, and the male designs are based on the way teenage males want to see themselves.

And can we stop judging "females" by what we see in home already? Look up some home videos on youtube. There are a lot of young males using sexy female avatars to draw the attention of hapless guys, then they get them on cam and show they are male, while getting a good laugh out if it. What you are seeing in home are computer graphics... not humans.

Message 21 of 54 (240 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32412 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Brises_0000 wrote:

And can we stop judging "females" by what we see in home already? Look up some home videos on youtube. There are a lot of young males using sexy female avatars to draw the attention of hapless guys, then they get them on cam and show they are male, while getting a good laugh out if it. What you are seeing in home are computer graphics... not humans.

no one is judging the entire female sex by what is seen in Home, just judging the individuals in question.

what you dress as/wear in Home reflects upon you as a person. its like that in the real world as well. the first impression someone makes is by how they look.

Message 22 of 54 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9313 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Today I am wearing a fez and have blue wings. Yesterday I was dressed as a giant turkey with a sword. Ready for my judgement haha :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 23 of 54 (223 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

I have to admit the diamond hot pants available at X7 are quite a lot of hotness to say the least. I just tried them on. Somewhat amazing they are free. I can see where the OP is coming from.

Relative to clothes on home one has to know that the developers make what sells. They have a pretty good idea what the community is looking for. Women like a wide range of clothes from dresses to crop tops to balloon skirts and more. When it comes to womens clothes however both genders buy them.

Personally I love Granzella's catalog of clothing. They make all sorts of clothes from everyday wear to costumes and more. People will vote for they want with their wallets. I've been spending most of my clothing dollars these days with Lockwood and Granzella. I personally like the new Bomber Girl separates from Heavy Water as well. I did pick up the black/maroon separates for that line.

Message 24 of 54 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

I agree 100% spicy eyes, most of the women's clothing on here seems to be made by colorblind men with no fashion sense who want to see women on home (and perverted men with perverse "eye candy" characters) dressed as skanky and revealing as possible.

No dev seems to be exempt from this, except maybe Wrangler and Bigyama, but they don't have many clothes in general.

However my vote for best womens clothing, despite having a bunch of trash mixed in, is easily Granzella. I'm a huge fangirl of them in general, but they are the only dev who often makes the exact same clothes for men and women.

Examples being the normal ninja suit, all the samurai armor, the police tops (though I'm annoyed we didn't get pants like the men), safari outfit, and my personal favorite, the full business suits. With pants and a NORMAL sized tie!

Seriously, the sexism on NA and EU devs is so bad, we even have to wear tiny ties. I hate that so much. Ndreams, Hellfire and Sony are all guilty of that crap.

Sony's home originals is also guilty of forcing us to have smaller and/or less dangerous looking weapons then men, and less weapons in general. Seriously, what year/century is this again? Though the lady's scythe easily outclasses the male's, it's one of my favorites.

So while there is an overwhelming amount of trashy and/or sexist female clothing in home, there is still good stuff if you know where to look. I have to admit I am insanely jealous of many of the male outfits and wish they were for women as well. Unfortunately most devs insist on making a sissy frilly version of what males get (Lockwood) or don't even bother with a female version (Sony, especially with that dark assassin outfit with the knives I STILL want for women!)

Also why does Billabong only have a scuba suit for males only. Women don't scuba dive? Or we aren't allowed to or something? You freaking kidding me?! One of many reasons I only bought 2 things from Billabong and never will again.

I'm also jealous of non-human outfits being male only. Like why couldn't there have been a feminine ghost from Lockwood? It's nice that they are making Skinny Minnie, but a female version of Gallu would have been amazing. Like really, women can't be monsters and such too?

I'm annoyed we got a bunch of trashy outfits in different colors, with a tawdry tart full body outfit with street worker animations, while males get an awesome ghost thing. Though I admit I was tempted by the orange and black tops (that color scheme is my weakness) I'm not going to support or wear that kind of stuff.

Oh well, at least we got the Gallu hands today -_-

Oh yeah, and I took one glance at the hot pants in x7 and instantly exited out lol. I didn't even get  the top from there. I don't want that crap crowding up my inventory if I can avoid it.

Message 25 of 54 (207 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 10, 2012
A lot of revealing clothing pictures for women have been posted in the suggestions thread in the past and they actually get kudoed. So yea a lot of girls actually want revealing clothing, why? I have no idea lol but it does bother me a bit especially when shorts show the bottom portion of the buttocks, like the grey ones from ufc.
Message 26 of 54 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1828 posts

Oct 10, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

no one is judging the entire female sex by what is seen in Home, just judging the individuals in question.

what you dress as/wear in Home reflects upon you as a person. its like that in the real world as well. the first impression someone makes is by how they look.

My point is, the people being judged may not even be female. There is a big asumption being made, especially since what you see is just an image.

Message 27 of 54 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2028 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

I agree 100% spicy eyes, most of the women's clothing on here seems to be made by colorblind men with no fashion sense who want to see women on home (and perverted men with perverse "eye candy" characters) dressed as skanky and revealing as possible.

No dev seems to be exempt from this, except maybe Wrangler and Bigyama, but they don't have many clothes in general.

However my vote for best womens clothing, despite having a bunch of trash mixed in, is easily Granzella. I'm a huge fangirl of them in general, but they are the only dev who often makes the exact same clothes for men and women.

Examples being the normal ninja suit, all the samurai armor, the police tops (though I'm annoyed we didn't get pants like the men), safari outfit, and my personal favorite, the full business suits. With pants and a NORMAL sized tie!

Seriously, the sexism on NA and EU devs is so bad, we even have to wear tiny ties. I hate that so much. Ndreams, Hellfire and Sony are all guilty of that crap.

Sony's home originals is also guilty of forcing us to have smaller and/or less dangerous looking weapons then men, and less weapons in general. Seriously, what year/century is this again? Though the lady's scythe easily outclasses the male's, it's one of my favorites.

So while there is an overwhelming amount of trashy and/or sexist female clothing in home, there is still good stuff if you know where to look. I have to admit I am insanely jealous of many of the male outfits and wish they were for women as well. Unfortunately most devs insist on making a sissy frilly version of what males get (Lockwood) or don't even bother with a female version (Sony, especially with that dark assassin outfit with the knives I STILL want for women!)

Also why does Billabong only have a scuba suit for males only. Women don't scuba dive? Or we aren't allowed to or something? You freaking kidding me?! One of many reasons I only bought 2 things from Billabong and never will again.

I'm also jealous of non-human outfits being male only. Like why couldn't there have been a feminine ghost from Lockwood? It's nice that they are making Skinny Minnie, but a female version of Gallu would have been amazing. Like really, women can't be monsters and such too?

I'm annoyed we got a bunch of trashy outfits in different colors, with a tawdry tart full body outfit with street worker animations, while males get an awesome ghost thing. Though I admit I was tempted by the orange and black tops (that color scheme is my weakness) I'm not going to support or wear that kind of stuff.

Oh well, at least we got the Gallu hands today -_-

Oh yeah, and I took one glance at the hot pants in x7 and instantly exited out lol. I didn't even get  the top from there. I don't want that crap crowding up my inventory if I can avoid it.

thank you i dnt mind owning a few naughty like items and yes they have their place but as time goes on there just seems to more of that than anything else .and the other stuff that isnt just looks plain and dull Granzella has certainly stepped up in the clothes department in some areas the oriental dresses are absolutley beautiful but again bewbs are showing tho tastefully done others need to follow suit and since home is supposed to be "family " friendly i find it hard to believe that this passes as family friendly wear . i want more goth i have made several suggestions on the suggestion forum and see nothing come of it .so im left with hot pants

Message 28 of 54 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2449 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Maybe we should have clothing police? No we shouldn't.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 29 of 54 (159 Views)
Wastelander
501 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

I have to disagree here. It maybe because you haven't seen the latest Japan stuff, but Granzella these days has been releasing tons of womens clothing without the male counterpart. Some swimsuits, chinese dress are some examples to name a few that are released in all regions where they are no male counterparts (why 1 type of swim shorts for men?). A few more in Japan where we probably will see in other regions sooner or later. It's arguable for some fashion where there's no male counterpart, but there are some stuff that seems Granzella either doesn't know a male version exist or is completely disregarding it.

As far as skin goes, Granzella is also guilty because they try to show skin as much as possible. Some items in my opinion would have been better if they would have the chest hidden or the skirt longer.

Message 30 of 54 (151 Views)
0 Likes