PlayStation MVP
684 posts

Re: atomic club house rip off..waste and over priced

Jun 20, 2013

I totally agree,The club space is way to pricey,I like to spend money on home buying alot of stuff,But this new club space is way to pricey for my budget.I dont see alot buying it either,But just my opinion.

lsu
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 47 (424 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I almost got this clubhouse today so people could tour it. Saw the price and was like....umm I guess I'll wait for the next clubhouse skin to come out. :smileyhappy:  Way too much for me. Not sure what the strategy here was, to be honest. 

LOOT's recent clubhouse skin was priced kinda high, too. But at least theirs came with an active light and a camera that records & uploads those recordings to youtube.

If any other dev thinks they should price a personal space or clubhouse this high in the future, they really are going to have to "sweeten the pot" (as it were) to get people to spend this type of money. 

Sometimes I think the devs forget that Home is fueled by micro-transactions. There's nothing micro about spending 10+ dollars on one or two items. 

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 47 (400 Views)
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Jun 20, 2013
It is too bad ,you cannot have partner's in the dance contest . I got the apartment version and was shocked when I added the Essence of the Seven Winds Globe ! , it allowed the user to go into white space above the ceiling ! , ! It was quite scary at first when my friends vanished . I think the space could have a lot of upgrades . Shelley
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 47 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4910 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:

I am very mad at my apt and club house I got today from atomic. Its boreing and not worth the money. Other than a lame dance game is just an over priced apt..I have seen much better ones cheaper. I would stay away from this one folks. You will be sorry. big space with some seats and lights..

Wow, you wasted $11.49 to come to the same conclusion as me and I've never saw it in world.

Serious? You saw the promo video. Were you expecting something you didn't see?

When asked about the pricing at the blog event yesterday, Atom Republic justified the price by saying;

"The space has a bulletin board, holds 32 people and is always open, even when the owner isn't there"............:smileysurprised::smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 47 (347 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29015 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Wow, you wasted $11.49 to come to the same conclusion as me and I've never saw it in world.

Serious? You saw the promo video. Were you expecting something you didn't see?

When asked about the pricing at the blog event yesterday, Atom Republic justified the price by saying;

"The space has a bulletin board, holds 32 people and is always open, even when the owner isn't there"............:smileysurprised::smileylol:

Atom Republic is going to find that it's customers are going to go away if it feels it can justify pricing like this with a club/apartment that isn't really that special. Sorry but even the dances that AR sells are overpriced and not even motion captured. nDreams sells it's bundles at 2.99 where AR sells them at 3.99 if I'm not mistaken. 

They won't see me buying any of their stuff unless their prices moderate and the quality of their product improves significantly. There is no excuse for overpriced items that aren't even at the level of their competitors. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 47 (337 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4910 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I totally agree. Over priced and sub-par on pretty much most of AR's content.

Some of this stuff would've been acceptable quality 2 years ago, not now.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 47 (322 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

At least the LMO that the space awards makes a nice bludgeoning type action when combined with a hand item. Well, by nice I mean violent and choppy. Also, in the clubhouse version I visited, the score board was broken.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 47 (300 Views)
Fender Bender
2775 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Not everyone likes everything that gets made for home, I have bought a few" mistakes" too, but some people like them,lol. I wish there were more tours and trials, or a way to return things one doesn't like within 48 hours of buying it( even if we got less money back for " returns")

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 47 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Jun 20, 2013

This is way overpriced.  I could see it as 9.99 for both apartment and clubhouse.  Pure GREED!!!  

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 47 (240 Views)
Survivor
1922 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

I think it's relative.

Can you get $10 worth of fun out of this purchase? Yes, if you are the type to throw parties and invite people over.  $10 isn't much if it means all your friends are having fun.

But most of us probably won't find the price worth it. 

:smileyhappy:

btw, I think this space would be funner if we had a control to bring the ambient light down alot farther. One of the reason's it's so plain is the walls are so plain. A flat single color on a flat surface.  If you bring the light down so the walls can't be seen (until the disco light hits it) then it will look better. If you enhance the light flying around, it's a funner space. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 47 (218 Views)
0 Likes