Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 23 2007
By: jshulze Splicer 66 posts

You are actually surprised?

14 replies 1 views Edited Sep 23, 2007
I can't believe anyone is actually surprised about the delay for Home. Any FF fan is used to major delays for games. But there is so much anger over this...I was just hoping it would be done by next year. hehe, seems pretty funny to me.
Message 1 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1354 posts

Re: You are actually surprised?

Sep 23, 2007
i was surprised at first, but i had to think about it. the ps3 was delayed at first so their games are going to have delays to. it is something sony does now concerning the ps3
i write all msg on this forum using my ps3 browser. i can't type long replies & there is no editor so forgive me for any mistakes. cpu crashed. i hate the new msg creator for this forum & now i can't quote ppl.
Message 2 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Sep 23, 2007
Im not that surprised Sony is really bad at all there release dates. All the good games plus software has always been delayed.
Signature removed by admin due to advertisements of a commercial nature.
Message 3 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Sep 23, 2007
A delay of a system has no impact on a release of a game.

Sony does not delay the games, the DEVELOPER does.  Konomi delays MGS4. Ubisoft delays RB6V, GRAW2, Assassin's Creed, Haze, Splinter Cell, etc.  Square/Enix delays Final Fantasy XIII. Neversoft delays Tony Hawk.  Sega delays Sonic the Hedgehog. and so on and so on.

Sony is developing Home but it is not a game it is a online service with voice, text, mini-games, and visual avatars.  It is not Everquest, WoW, or any other MMO Game.  It is basically a 3D Chat server with custom rooms (your house).
Oh, you don't like when you get headshot. Well maybe you should not put your head in my crosshairs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sris5X4BDqg
Message 4 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1354 posts

Sep 23, 2007

Jurri0017 wrote:

Sony does not delay the games, the DEVELOPER does.  Konomi delays MGS4. Ubisoft delays RB6V, GRAW2, Assassin's Creed, Haze, Splinter Cell, etc.  Square/Enix delays Final Fantasy XIII. Neversoft delays Tony Hawk.  Sega delays Sonic the Hedgehog. and so on and so on.

Sony is developing Home but it is not a game it is a online service with voice, text, mini-games, and visual avatars.  It is not Everquest, WoW, or any other MMO Game.  It is basically a 3D Chat server with custom rooms (your house).

umm they are calling HOME a game
i write all msg on this forum using my ps3 browser. i can't type long replies & there is no editor so forgive me for any mistakes. cpu crashed. i hate the new msg creator for this forum & now i can't quote ppl.
Message 5 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3448 posts

Sep 23, 2007
Hell I was surpised, simply for the fact that this seems to be such a simple game(if thats what they call it). I mean I can understand a full fledged game like KZ2 or somthing taking a while to create, but Home is just so simplistic.
Message 6 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Sep 23, 2007

phillymaal wrote:

Jurri0017 wrote:

http://www.homebetatrial.com wrote:

Home™ is a real-time 3D, networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces.

The people who are anticipating it are calling it a game, not the developers. It's like how people call Second Life a game, even though they're wrong.

Message Edited by comorbid on 09-23-2007 12:57 PM
Message 7 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Sep 23, 2007
i wasn't that much, but i thought it would at least come out this year

Search & Win
Message 8 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
979 posts

Sep 23, 2007

comorbid wrote:

phillymaal wrote:

Jurri0017 wrote:

http://www.homebetatrial.com wrote:

Home™ is a real-time 3D, networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces.

The people who are anticipating it are calling it a game, not the developers. It's like how people call Second Life a game, even though they're wrong.

Message Edited by comorbid on 09-23-2007 12:57 PM

It was called a game at the Sony Keynote speech at TGS this year by Kaz.
Message 9 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1841 posts

Sep 24, 2007
I was sorta suprised... i was expecting home in october but not the best version... just having home would be great and sony could slowly add in the features..

but now... i dont really care for home.  when it comes out it'll be cool i guess... All i am waiting for now is UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 and HAZE.  If those get delayed then im saying goodbye to my ps3.  but hopefully they dont. tgs said nothing about a delay on ut2 :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
Message 10 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes