Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
839 posts

Re: Yeck Entertainment - Discontinuation

Sep 28, 2013
Yea its sad to see them go, but the organization and how to do things in that space was a mess. Maybe if it woulda had a bit.more structure like the other games on home it woulda had a chance.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 31 of 52 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9378 posts

Sep 28, 2013
@Ren_Echo

Regarding content removal and tickets: Sounds like it unless the dodgy translation meant that only the clothes/companions are removed October 30th.

Regarding commerce: Yes there are two commerce points but both only sell the tickets. 50 for $.99. Most games I believe take 2 tickets to play some take 1.
The fact they are leaving YeckLand and its commerce points until the 30th of October make me believe somehow that the tickets will stay but content will be removed Sept. 30th. Historically, Sony takes a long time after they say they will to shut down in world commerce points when theyre supposed to (like luxurious tropical beach crib, red bull skate apartment, kikai spaces, etc.).

If your last question was how big they are they are around the same size. They are pretty small honestly. I am leaving for work soon but if you would like to see some later on tonight I will be Home after midnight EST.

If your question was legitimately how pig is a pig bomb compared to a slime, well the answer is VERY. Because hes a pig. With an afro. And a slime is...well.. a slime ^_^
Support Forums
Message 32 of 52 (216 Views)
Uncharted Territory
778 posts

Sep 28, 2013
Lol, darn mobile phone. Yes, I was looking for a size comparison thanks. A pig with an Afro sounds pretty cool though, regardless of size.
"He's but one man. One man alone cannot fight the future."
-Conrad Strughold, The X-Files

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 33 of 52 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3343 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Some poor Yeck Entertainment employee is probably reading this right now.

wahhh

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 34 of 52 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5010 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Un0-0n3unique IREM has been gone for a long long time now.... They closed due to Granzella!  Yes they did no matter who hates to hear that... 

Granzella thoe has made some good Home item's... They should thoe since they used to work at IREM!  LOL,

What still Surprises me is that LucasArts is now CLOSED... Yet the HOME store is still open...  It seems as thoe Disney has no CLUE that LucasArts is even in HOME or it would of been Closed down by now if they had. Or they would at least Changed the Named to Disney by now...   HA HA!

Like i said before and people on here hate to hear it... IF PS4 doesn't support HOME then our HOME is over...  I for one hate to see that as i spent enough on HOME to buy over 3 to 4 PS4's alone!!!  And would hate to loose all our Home item's...

If Home really Started on PS2 as they say... I sure never seen it on PS2 that's for sure... There's no Reason why they can't update HOME and have it on PS4. It also depends on the Guy who created HOME to begin with... Is he still even at SONY? If not that could explain allot,

I'm not as big of fan of YECK stuff on HOME as i was IREM Fan!  I bought and spent many years on IREM and that time will always be remembered... Oh the times...   And the Events... WOW,  Never forget those.

There's still a ton a space's on HOME yet... But for how much longer... As month's go by after PS4 is out we'll see what happens to Home then.

Also here's a BIG question about PS4 is HOME is on it... Since we know we have to have PLUS to get online with PS4 if HOME was on PS4 would we be required to have PLUS then to access HOME???  For some of us we have more than one profile... And i for one could not afford to have PLUS on those just to use HOME on PS4 if that was required... That is one thing to think about here if Home was on PS4 would we have to pay for PLUS to use HOME.... If so that alone would be it's downfall...  For me and many other HOME users...

Arrgg,

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 35 of 52 (189 Views)
Fender Bender
3994 posts

Sep 28, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

More and more signs that show Home is closing!!!

So it's beginning already... I knew PS4 would be Home's Downfall and sure enough it is!!!

And u that support PS4 at Launch will be the one's to Blame for Home closing.... So go ahead pat urself on the back for what u done...

Go ahead, I see U... Ur not fooling anyone!

Here we go again...

Message 36 of 52 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
3994 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

As other posts have stated, they didn't commit to the community as much as other developers did.

They had a good start, released some very unique but interesting content. Then they released that public space, and it had a few followers at the beginning. Though Yeck just dropped the ball, and it didn't really go anywhere from that.

They could've done a lot more for Home, but I guess their interests was elsewhere. 

I agree, and no one really bought from them and ther public space seem dead anyways.... 

Message 37 of 52 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1993 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013
It's really unfortunate to see Yeck dispersing, I'm sure PS Home didn't have everything to do with it either.

I liked a few of their rewards and games for the most part, the "Float Slime" companion you win from "Tower Defence" is actually one of my favorites.

I think Yeck could have done a lot better if they perhaps had released content a bit more often and even structured together a better public space featuring most of their content. I know upon entering "Yeckland" I was a bit lost and was wondering if the space was ever going to load until I realised, that's actually how it looked along with the bad organization of things it had, it didn't set a best first impression.

None the less, the games were a lot of fun and unique in a Home perspective, I hope what this company decides to do in the future goes well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 52 (175 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 28, 2013

It's a shame to see YECK go. I'm going to try and spend as much time in YeckLand with one of my YECK outfits until it goes... Maybe someone should do a going away party? 

I tried to sing "Like A Best Friend." - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xQbPKA7aM5
Message 39 of 52 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Sep 28, 2013

everyone here is expressing their sorrow while im sitting here saying

"What WAS YECK?"

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee