Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1807 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum is Revealed – Believe it ... it's true!

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

anamri wrote:

So the "fiver" they mentioned earlier was in UK terms... $8 for each Chapter?  hmmm

Well it's my understanding there will be a one time fee for this and that users won't pay as they go. If that isn't the case personally I most probably won't participate. I will consider a one time entry fee however.

Screen shot 2012-11-29 at 7.32.32 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-11-29 at 7.32.20 AM.png

Unfortunately, it looks like it will indeed require another fee for each new chapter:

"around £5.99 ($7.99/€6.99) for an agent pack (final pricing TBC).
This pack will give players:

• Access to the whole of Xi: Continuum. Experience and be part of the first chapter of an evolving story..."

&

"No - we are already working on the next chapter which will launch soon after Xi: Continuum ends. We'd love to continue to build Xi, and welcome your feedback!"

$4.99 sounded like a good deal to me (even with that price for each chapter). Eight dollars, however...

I just gotta say that this is why I love LOOT, they give us innovative products at GREAT prices!  (They were a bit trick with us only offering a certain item in a bundle, earlier this year.  Seeing as how they have been consistantly awesome at their pricing otherwise, I find it easy to to forgive! :smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 99 (475 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Nov 30, 2012

@Aeternitas33 

I disagree with what you have said about Friends, & all... 

The first thing I did when I got on HOME was just grab random people that were Strangers to me, & made friends with them... 

As a matter of fact we are still friends even to this day... & we still play Games together... But I made my friends before I played Games with them, & no I don't Game first, & Socialize second... 

I Socialize first, & Game second... But overall I do a little of both Equely... 

----------- 

Anyways, am I to understand Xi 2: Continuum is how much for a US HOME Pack? & what about Xi 3, there was mention of a 3rd Xi, will we also have to pay for Xi 3, will it be the same Price as Xi 2: Continuum, or will the Price be changed? 

These are the Reasons I specifically wanted the Xi Hub to stay as a Tombstone... Because times have changed, & things are all about money now... You wanted Xi 2, now we have to pay... Thanks alot, ~_~ 

Xi will no longer be what it once was, because before it wasn't that it was Free that made it so Great, it was that it wasn't about money at all, that made it so great... It was about solving riddles, figuring out puzzles, & having fun... 

It put your brain to work, & yatta, yatta, yatta... 

Now, there is money involved, & your Progress depends on you Upgrading, or not... 

Thats just sad... :[ 

--------- 

As I said before, I will see this through the end, weather I like it, or not... 

I guess the PSN Card I saved up for Clubs, Apartments, & Clothing items, are instead going twards Xi 2: Continuum... 

Because i'm cutting my Spending on PS HOME... It costs too much to keep spending... I'm srry, but thats the Truth...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 99 (447 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Nov 30, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

@Aeternitas33 

I disagree with what you have said about Friends, & all... 

The first thing I did when I got on HOME was just grab random people that were Strangers to me, & made friends with them... 

As a matter of fact we are still friends even to this day... & we still play Games together... But I made my friends before I played Games with them, & no I don't Game first, & Socialize second... 

I Socialize first, & Game second... But overall I do a little of both Equely... 

Hiya,

Definitely some people find it much easier to make friends and acquaintances than others. You're blessed to have that gift; I'm afraid I don't. The gift of gab has never been mine, but I try to compensate by being a fairly decent writer - usuallly. haha

Anyways, one thing we both agree on is that you socialize first and then game second. That's the main point I was trying to make. I hope we can both continue to enjoy Home for a long time.

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 99 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 30, 2012

xigbar93 wrote:

I can't believe it's going to be pay to play, that is utterly ridiculous. Makes me lose a little bit of respect and excitement for it. A lot of my friends won't be able to play with me. That was the fun of the first Xi, EVERYONE was involved. And if you want funds, make side items and merchandise that people can buy, don't cut the whole community out of it. I feel like I'm back to when that Carnival thing was announced, only to find out that you need to buy a stupid ticket just to play any of the games and the games aren't even that good anyway.

But, I also can't believe that I'm actually going to pay for this game. .__.; I can complain, but I'm still gonna be paying the $7.99. They better not ask for any more money out of me though for an event that should be open to everyone. I already know a few Home users that have been attracted back to Home at the mere mention of Xi, myself and some old friends included, and this is just killing the momentuum.

I lost a bit of excitement as well, because I fear that this will effect how much the community will come together.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see how nDreams presents this.

In regards to the Midway spaces, I also thought it was a rip off at first.  What I discovered is it's actually a pretty good deal if you do it right.  Each game is comprised of 10 levels, with a prize for completing each level.  A stack of 50 tickets will cost you $1, and it'll take about 50 tickets to beat all 10 levels of a game.  Once you've beaten the 10th level, you can come back anytime and play that game for free.

So, for $1, you get a game, a personal space, and 10 prizes.  If you choose to go all out, you can buy the bar expansion to the personal space for about $3.50, but this comes with Bell Ringer (one of the midway games) for free, so considering that you're planning on winning all the games, that makes the cost actually $2.50.  Then you spend $8 more to beat the remaining games.

This brings us to a total of $12.50 spent to get a personal space, 100 prize items for your personal space and your avatar, and a public space with free, unlimited access to 10 parlor games.  Then you consider all the unlocks for the personal space that will come with beating the games, and the prize count will rise to 105.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 99 (377 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5816 posts

Dec 1, 2012
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Its going to be pay to play...? Seems like everything is charging some outragious prices lately and not giving anyone nearly enough gameplay for our money. meh who am i kidding its Xi. Anyone who knows me at all knows i will be there. Probably just show up fashionablely late as usual.
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 99 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2581 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 99 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Dec 2, 2012

You guys have been acting like this is something New? That Xi would Cost money, & that your Shocked... 

I've known from the very first moment I heard the word Xi, that Xi 2 would be a Money thing... 

Give me 1 Event that doesn't have Money involved? 

I wasn't sure if Xi would cost Money, because of the way it was Made, but if Xi costs money, then i'm 100% Possitive everything that will, or is comming out in the Future will be about Money... 

Xi is the one thing you'd never expect to be Money oriented, & if that is Money Oriented, we'll it's obvious all bets are off for HOME... 

Everything from now on will Cost Money in some form of way, or another, if not, they'll figure out away somehow... lOl...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 99 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Count me in as having my money ready. I love mystery games and there are none where I can play as my own character and yes I am very big on playing as myself it brings me closer to the game. We have many things on home that people buy that don't seem worth the price but you are buying a game not a space, that will also give you rewards for winning.  This seems like a CSI type game so count me in. 

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 99 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Dec 4, 2012

There does not seem to be a cap placed on Virtual items and games, and implimenting one would be iffie, yet if this keeps up most of the gamers will be moving on to real games and leaving home for the social butterfly's, which would be an aweful shame...

Xi 2 looks like it starts off nice... sadly due to perosnal reasons and not wanting to get sucked into a spiral cost uprising, I most likely will not pay to play the Sequil. Which breaks my heart for yet another time. I am Sorry Stapler, friends we might be, and as much as I aspire to Stapling a Stapler, I do not wish to Go into those Dark days of HOME... 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 99 (204 Views)
0 Likes