Uncharted Territory
974 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 21, 2013

LancelotNYC123 wrote:

All,

Having seemingly not caught a problem with my stats before, it was brought to my attention by someone tonight that we had completed 8 of 10 puzzle missions as of Day 40. My stats show 7/10. Can someone confirm the total of each mission type? I have 6/11 searches, 9/10 combat, and 7/10 puzzles. If my stats are off, I'll have to contact nDreams to get help, or I won't be able the complete one or more mission challenges or the chapter 1 challenge. I guess I found a bug...:smileyfrustrated:

Yea Lance seems you may have gotten the 1st bug in the Xi system, lol besides the disappearing bomb add-on for the apt. My stats as of Day 40

Agent status is                              XIO(n)

Tracker missions completed     7/11

Combat missions completed    9/10

Puzzle missions completed       8/10
Apt sections unlocked                 6

Q.E. frags collected                     100

Associates owned                       90

Special associates owned        10

you should contact Joey or nDreams on here or Twitter before day 47,  just to make sure it doesn't keep you from moving on to episode 2, hope it gets straightened out quick. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1441 of 1,743 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5403 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

I show 7/11 searches for me.

I also show 7/10 puzzle missions, not 8. I wonder if I'll have a problem as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 1442 of 1,743 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

So two things...

It seems I'm not the only one victim of the bug where at least one mission didn't get added to the stats total.

And not only did a puzzle not get recorded, but a search didn't get recorded either because my total says 6/11. I guess I'm emailing nDreams support tonight. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 1443 of 1,743 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

Jan 21, 2013

hmm Tripp, Lance & Bene have the same stats, lol maybe I need to be the 1 to contact Joey,.. I'll hop on Home & go thru the Cypher msgs & count them up to make sure 

Please use plain text.
Message 1444 of 1,743 (234 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Why do I find this story all too familiar? We went into foreign territory to find a terrorist, met opposition from the locals, tore appart a terrorist group, stayed in said space because of WMD, removed the head terrorist that we chased in, and now are trying to both ward off further attacks from a new threat while force feeding a peaceful democratic approach to the locals, that they reject. Now we are even working on a kidnapping situation. Either this story is entirely plagairised, or perhaps when we beat the continuum we'll be able to see into the future.

We got EFD, why are we still in the continuum? let the ASOs bomb their home...again, it's not bothering us.

Perish_Song
Please use plain text.
Message 1445 of 1,743 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Perish_Song wrote:

Why do I find this story all too familiar? We went into foreign territory to find a terrorist, met opposition from the locals, tore appart a terrorist group, stayed in said space because of WMD, removed the head terrorist that we chased in, and now are trying to both ward off further attacks from a new threat while force feeding a peaceful democratic approach to the locals, that they reject. Now we are even working on a kidnapping situation. Either this story is entirely plagairised, or perhaps when we beat the continuum we'll be able to see into the future.

We got EFD, why are we still in the continuum? let the ASOs bomb their home...again, it's not bothering us.

Yea, we got EFD!!!  But first can you do one thing for me?...  All I ask is for you to tell me what she did?

1.  She set fires and tryed to kill us!

• But youre forgetting something...  This is not the real world she can't kill us when we are loged into Home.  The fires where not real they where virtual.
  • If you look at the Axopedia She has no known criminal record

So why are we after her when she really has not done anything wrong?

Also did you notice that a lot of the bad things she has done have been to protect her friends and there home?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 1446 of 1,743 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

Jan 21, 2013

heres what I found in the Cypher msgs,.. *spoiler just in case ppl don't want to know what falls on certain days*

Spoiler
these are the 1s actually labeled "missions"  Day 4- combat , Day 8- tracker , Day 9- puzzle , Day 10- combat , Day 15- combat , Day 17- tracker , Day 21- combat , Day 23- puzzle , Day 25- tracker , Day 27- combat , Day 37- tracker , Day 38- combat , Day 40- puzzle ... odviously theres more but I'll need to read thru each days msg to try & jog my memory lol,.. Days 12, 19, 24 & 29 were missions also but i'm not sure what type

Please use plain text.
Message 1447 of 1,743 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1774 posts

Jan 21, 2013

LancelotNYC123 wrote:

All,

Having seemingly not caught a problem with my stats before, it was brought to my attention by someone tonight that we had completed 8 of 10 puzzle missions as of Day 40. My stats show 7/10. Can someone confirm the total of each mission type? I have 6/11 searches, 9/10 combat, and 7/10 puzzles. If my stats are off, I'll have to contact nDreams to get help, or I won't be able the complete one or more mission challenges or the chapter 1 challenge. I guess I found a bug...:smileyfrustrated:

Champ and I noticed the same thing the other night (before today's puzzle) - I had 7/10 and he had 6/10...  not sure which one is the correct total.  When I counted the puzzles on the websites I got 6 that day, so I think 7 out of ten for today is correct.  I'm still not sure how some of us have an extra one.

Please use plain text.
Message 1448 of 1,743 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

Jan 21, 2013

anamri wrote:

LancelotNYC123 wrote:

All,

Champ and I noticed the same thing the other night (before today's puzzle) - I had 7/10 and he had 6/10...  not sure which one is the correct total.  When I counted the puzzles on the websites I got 6 that day, so I think 7 out of ten for today is correct.  I'm still not sure how some of us have an extra one.

I pm'd Joey, hopefully he will reply very soon. Maybe this won't affect the game any but it possibly could mean some will end up getting credit for a mission/'s they never did (which would suck) or some won't be able to finish this episode because they were short on their mission count (which would REALLY suck). Hopefully the nDream team will fix it quick.

Please use plain text.
Message 1449 of 1,743 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
625 posts

Re: Continuum

Jan 21, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

I know I've said this a few times now guys but what is our story line?

We followed  EFD down the rabbit hole.  Why, she really was not all that bad so why we followed her I'm still unsure why.  But Jess told us to so we did and we found a new world inside of Home.  But then we didn't know what was going on so we made a bomb or a WMD to destroy this new world that we just found.  Then Jess found three words of code and due to this we Xi took our bomb from our apartments.  What happen to this WMD?  We don't know but then we found it disabled.  Who disabled it?  We don't know...  So got sick of trying to use the bomb and moved into torture.

meryl928.jpg

Now we are at a new part of the story when we kick these kid's out of the world that THEY MADE and then made it so they are now banned from using there own space.  Again why did we do this?  If they want to blow up there own space I don't see why not.

Where am I going with all this?  I think WE are the bad guys in this story.

I don't think we're the bad guys.

Here's the story as I see it (not everything, just the board strokes). EFD hacked PS Home and by doing so exceeded the security protocols put into place at the end of the original Xi. This prompted an investigation of EFD by Axiom and by following her the Continuum was discovered. After initial exploration of this hidden space, evidence was discovered that someone was building a real world criminal organization inside of it. At this point, all former Xi operatives were reactivated and new ones were recruited to deal with this threat. The agents were not told of this organization, only that EFD had to be stopped.

EFD hacked PS Home.  Why Axiom would care about this is unknown but it has led to a bigger threat which is this criminal organization. This organization is the real reason we are there.

After entering the Continuum, Xi operatives find out that the builders of the space are a group calling itself Divine Zero. All attempts to contact this group fail and a decision is made to destroy the Continuum using an I/O Scrambler Bomb. The bomb was constructed but after the discovery of fragments of the Quinta Essentia, the plan is called off and the bomb is disabled. Later on the bomb is stolen by an unknown party and is discovered in a disassembled state in the Hole in the Firewall gang's area.

At this point, Axiom knew nothing about Divine Zero and apparently we were under constant attack by them. Destroying the Continuum may have seemed the easiest way to deal with the situation but once the fragments were found it was decided that maybe we might be able to work with them and the bomb was disabled.

During a temporary alliance with EFD, information regarding one of the Divine Zeros is found. A simulacrum of this Zero, Merylsilvertongue is sent to make contact with Axiom. The simulacrum is questioned and then disassembled in an effort to find more information of the Zeros. The remains of the simulacrum are stolen by an unknown party and tracked to the Hole in the Firewall gang's area but is not found.

Although this may have looked like torture this was not a real person or even an avatar. The simulacrum was merely a construct built to contact Axiom, nothing more.  

As far as kicking them from their own space, remember that this space was created on the Sony servers without their knowledge or permission. Even those working on PS Home don't know its there. They may have created the space but they hacked the server to do so. I'm not sure what right Axiom has to do what they want there however but its possible that they are a government sanctioned organization that watches the internet. The only reason I can think of for not allowing the Continuum to be destroyed is that Axiom needs it to track down the criminal organization although they had no problem wanting to blow it up before.

"I told you, I want to believe. But I need a place to start." -Alex Krycek, The X-Files

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 1450 of 1,743 (184 Views)
0 Likes