Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
353 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 14, 2013

I could care less for Axiom's orders so I did go visit (Bad) Stapler today.

The Day 34 Video sounds like an empty promise.... Not to mention after what Axiom did to MST I wouldn't trust them with that promise even if it wasn't empty.

I just need to get out of Axiom because I'm sick of their orders.

Please use plain text.
Message 1261 of 1,743 (398 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8636 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Why was Jess telling us that this is "our world" in todays message?  How is this our world we didn't make ir or even use it.  Why don't we just leave and let the people that made it do as they wish to it?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 1262 of 1,743 (364 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3152 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I actually laughed when I read today's email and it said:

Spoiler

"We know it's dull and pointless now. But unusual pleasure can be gained from the daily repetition of dull and pointless processes."

I feel that this is the perfect developer commentary on the entirety of Xi: Continuum. It seems at least the script writer realized the community would find the game dull and repetitive, and instead of going back to make it more exciting and rewarding, they just suggested that if we do something dull and pointless for long enough that we would begin to enjoy it. Granted, they are right, I have begun enjoying collecting the fragments, as it's the only semi-engaging aspect of Xi.

I can't believe that there hasn't been a single "reward" for Xi. Yes, you can claim that the Apartment segments unlock, but those are hardly anything that I would consider a reward as they're built into the apartment itself. Compare The Xi Apt. to the Gz Fossil Museum. There, parts of the apartment unlock, but only after you receive an actual reward that tells that particular item to unlock in the space. I honestly feel like the items in the furniture pack were designed to be rewards, but then the powers that be at nDreams pulled them out of the game and figured they could charge for them instead. It would have made logical sense to have awarded the boom box on the day we built the boom box, and the tracker drone statue the day we took down the tracker drone, and so on and so forth. In the end, I keep hoping for some kind of huge pay off that I doubt will ever come to fruition.

Please use plain text.
Message 1263 of 1,743 (358 Views)
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Jan 14, 2013
To add to what everyone is saying, I think Xi: Continuum was marketed entirely wrong.

It should have been advertised as a VIP space with an unfolding story and expanding, attached personal space. And simply titled "The Continuum".
This is far from being a game.

And thanks, boxer_lady. I moved it to its own thread anyways. Unfortunately, there was hardly anyone there to track this morning when I dropped in.
Please use plain text.
Message 1264 of 1,743 (324 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

So it appears Jess and Axiom is just a big corporate gig that claims everyones work as their own, Im so hoping that they will give us the option to leave axiom and be independant or if some way keep the continuum away from axiom or destroy it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1265 of 1,743 (252 Views)
I Only Post Everything
697 posts

Jan 15, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Why was Jess telling us that this is "our world" in todays message?  How is this our world we didn't make ir or even use it.  Why don't we just leave and let the people that made it do as they wish to it?

I'm not so sure she was referring to the Continuum, I think she meant virtual reality as a whole. If what we learned yesterday is true, there is more at stake than just a bunch of people creating their own space.

Here is a theory I have on Axiom. Did anyone ever watch Digimon Tamers? In the show there was an covert orgainzation sanctioned by the Japanese government called Hypnos which watched over the world's information network. Might Axiom be a similar organization? I think so and this would fit with what we learned yesterday.

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me." -Morpheus, The Matrix Reloaded

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 1266 of 1,743 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Its pretty bad when the introductory mission is more exciting than the $9 game you paid for :smileyindifferent: I know its only day 35 and there's still some time left, but call me unimpressed, which isn't good for being a month into it. 

Like Kane mentioned, maybe there should be another Xi poll put up. Probably not though, because I doubt it would be sugar and rainbows. If this is how is going to be in the future, then I'm starting to wish Axiom hadn't deactivated that scrambler bomb and just blew up the Continuum, to save me the misery of wasting my time :smileysad:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 1267 of 1,743 (195 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Its clear that alot of people are upset or disappointed with the way Xi-2 is, but what they fail to realize is that its not over yet. I agree that NDREAMS could have done better with developing this since they had 3 years to do so, however this is only the tip of the iceberg for Xi-2. though the first half is almost over theres still a second, maybe even a third half or more coming. Now to some $8.99 seemed to be a rip off, but lets take a step back for a moment I recap whats included in this bundle shall we ?....

* Full game access

* A personal space that expands as you progress through the game & complete challanges

* A Companion

* A Xoft Cola machine active item

* 10 Free Associates & 5 Free buffs to start you off for battles

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Now I know alot of people have been saying we'd have to pay for the next part when it comes out, I highly doubt but on the off chance that we do have to pay to play, it'll most likely be alot cheaper than what it cost to play this one.

Please use plain text.
Message 1268 of 1,743 (185 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Very good points, jj_dillon. I'm personally choosing to reserve judgment until day 47 and then evaluate it as a whole. Also of note, with only 13 days left, we also have 13 missions left, so if they don't make an exception and have more than one mission a day, there won't be any more days off like today. In other words, things are going to pick up in the home stretch.
Please use plain text.
Message 1269 of 1,743 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jan 15, 2013

LancelotNYC123 wrote:
Very good points, jj_dillon. I'm personally choosing to reserve judgment until day 47 and then evaluate it as a whole. Also of note, with only 13 days left, we also have 13 missions left, so if they don't make an exception and have more than one mission a day, there won't be any more days off like today. In other words, things are going to pick up in the home stretch.

Personally, I'm waiting till the very end, and I don't mean day 47, I mean the very end of Xi-2, weither if its episode 2, 3, 4 whatever. When NDREAMS says its offically over & stop adding more episodes & Xi-2 related content, thats when I'll pass my judgement.

Please use plain text.
Message 1270 of 1,743 (163 Views)
0 Likes