Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2639 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum Survey

Dec 21, 2012

:^/ An amendment to my survey, Joey.

I'm currently trying to fulfil the requirement to win one hundred rounds of the Combat Game card game. However, the other players in the lobby with me have purchased the expansion pack, giving them better Associate cards. If these were only usable against the computer opponents in the storyline, that'd be fine. Or, if they were only usable against human players who had similarly purchased expansion packs, that'd be acceptable too.

However, it seem that my $8.99 purchase isn't enough to allow me to play the game all the way through. If I don't purchase an expansion, my evenings are spent accomplishing nothing but gratifying those who have. They're enjoying faster victories and higher win/loss ratios, but my time is wasted in this.

Joey, I didn't splash out $8.99 out of nostalgia so that other customers will get their money's worth for their $11.99 premium packages. Such lopsided matches are inapproptiate, and inequitable. Those fellows are paying nDreams for an uneven playing field, so you owe them that, but you're not paying me for it, so I don't. Meanwhile, I paid you for an even playing field, so nDreams owes me that.

Correct this oversight with an update that adds a filter to the Multiplayer Lobby, so players can screen out those with paid cards.

Thanking you hopefully not too far in advance for your time,

Danger_Dad.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 35 (190 Views)
I Only Post Everything
700 posts

Dec 21, 2012

While its possible to get wins with the initial set of agents, I'm wondering how much of an advantage buying the additional Associate Cards actual gives. Right now I'm averaging one win every three games without any additional associates. So there's two possibilities, either I'm not very good at this game (a distinct possibility) or I'm at a disadvantage with cards. In any case, at that rate I will need to play 300 times to get 100 wins. The other option is "boosting" which I'd prefer not to do if I don't have to.

If nDreams were to add filters to the game though, there'd be no incentive for anyone to buy additional cards. Still, I get your point. After spending $8.99 you wouldn't expect to have to pay more to complete all the challenges in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not sure what the answer to this is. I'll just keep taking my beatings in Snowcrash and get to 100 eventually.

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me." -Morpheus, The Matrix Reloaded

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 35 (172 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Dec 21, 2012
There IS a slight advantage to buying the pack but keep in mind that buying the pack also widens the pool that the two random associates are pulled from, as well.
And while there are characters with high stats, a lot have very low stats in one or two areas.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 35 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

HI Joey !

Got mine done! Only one complaint ( miner one) . But, might be important to keep people useing Xi2 . here it is simple ( rewards) 

Seeing that the majoraty of players on home are so trophie driven, it could help with getting people to stay on X12: Continuum. But, over all for the budget and all. Very good work.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 35 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
353 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ An amendment to my survey, Joey.

I'm currently trying to fulfill the requirement to win one hundred rounds of the Combat Game card game. However, the other players in the lobby with me have purchased the expansion pack, giving them better Associate cards. If these were only usable against the computer opponents in the storyline, that'd be fine. Or, if they were only usable against human players who had similarly purchased expansion packs, that'd be acceptable too.

However, it seem that my $8.99 purchase isn't enough to allow me to play the game all the way through. If I don't purchase an expansion, my evenings are spent accomplishing nothing but gratifying those who have. They're enjoying faster victories and higher win/loss ratios, but my time is wasted in this.

Joey, I didn't splash out $8.99 out of nostalgia so that other customers will get their money's worth for their $11.99 premium packages. Such lopsided matches are inappropriate, and inequitable. Those fellows are paying nDreams for an uneven playing field, so you owe them that, but you're not paying me for it, so I don't. Meanwhile, I paid you for an even playing field, so nDreams owes me that.

Correct this oversight with an update that adds a filter to the Multi player Lobby, so players can screen out those with paid cards.

Thanking you hopefully not too far in advance for your time,

Danger_Dad.

The 80 Pack comes with better cards & worse cards.

If you're looking for some easy wins I'll be willing to lose either later today or tomorrow.

Just send me a Friend's Request.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 35 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I kinda feel sorry for the late-comers. After the first wave of players get their 100 wins... who are they gonna play..?
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 35 (125 Views)
I Only Post Everything
700 posts

Dec 23, 2012

LeeStone71 wrote:
I kinda feel sorry for the late-comers. After the first wave of players get their 100 wins... who are they gonna play..?

Probably me, lol. I don't see my self getting to 100 anytime soon. :smileywink:

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me." -Morpheus, The Matrix Reloaded

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 35 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I have spotted 2 glitches in the game, and I wanted to point them out. First off, and this is not one of the glitches, I wanted to ask if you could somehow convince Sony America to add a XI sub forum (like they have in the EU forums). Now to the glitches...first glitch: in the combat game, I played somebody and the first round was a draw, then I won the 2nd and 3rd rounds. After winning the 3rd round it said that I lost...that makes no sense. Second glitch: I purchased the teleport option, occasionally when I select it the prompt that tells me to purchase the option comes up, instead of the teleport selection Map.

Crispy
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 35 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8637 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Done

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 35 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8637 posts

Dec 24, 2012

LeeStone71 wrote:
  • The 100 wins is not a requirement
  • You also get wins for missions.
  • And I feel most people playing the game are not playing that game tell the very last day where there will be a very big wave of people will be trying to get as many wins as possable.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 35 (84 Views)
0 Likes