PlayStation MVP
4545 posts

Re: Xbox Live got them, so where is ours?

Jul 30, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:
And this is why I left Xbox Live.

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 21 of 42 (237 Views)
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Setting your sarcasm aside, Xbox 360 avatars suck compared to the ones in PS Home.

However, I kept my 360 and xbox live account when I got a ps3 couple years ago.

Message 22 of 42 (224 Views)
Fender Bender
2298 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I don't much about xbox live. But aitn their avatar just a 2D static picture?

Not exactly the same ball game as designing a full 3D item that fit a custom avatar...

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 23 of 42 (218 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jul 30, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

Setting your sarcasm aside, Xbox 360 avatars suck compared to the ones in PS Home.

I have to agree, the avatars that xbox users have access to are horrible. The cost of creating content for those avatars has to pale in comparison to psh avatar clothing/items. So while I really wish we'd get more gaming content on home, I can understand why sometimes xbox gets this type of content while we don't. I'm also alright with it. I understand that it's probably more cost efficient to make it on their system and not our own. I'd love more gaming content on home, but I'm not going to flip out everytime someone gets a piece of candy that we don't.

Message 24 of 42 (212 Views)
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I don't much about xbox live. But aitn their avatar just a 2D static picture?

Not exactly the same ball game as designing a full 3D item that fit a custom avatar...

Not quite. They're a full a 3D avatar that moves and such.      When they first came out, many hated them.

The only difference between them is the PS HOme avatars are better designed than the ones for Xbox 360.

Message 25 of 42 (210 Views)
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Jul 30, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

The_Dukenator wrote:

I have to agree, the avatars that xbox users have access to are horrible. The cost of creating content for those avatars has to pale in comparison to psh avatar clothing/items. So while I really wish we'd get more gaming content on home, I can understand why sometimes xbox gets this type of content while we don't. I'm also alright with it. I understand that it's probably more cost efficient to make it on their system and not our own. I'd love more gaming content on home, but I'm not going to flip out everytime someone gets a piece of candy that we don't.

Recently, they added avatar awards, which I tend to find a joke.  The only place you'll see a bunch of avatars is in Game Room and certain games during multiplayer matches.

Message 26 of 42 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33286 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
Rockstar previously supported Home (Red Dead Redemption) content. I would like to see them do more, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really am a little bummed at the lack of The Last of Us content, when Sony owns ND. At least support your own first party titles.

Sony really should/should have "outsourced" development of more game stuff to current 3rd party companies.

i can understand Sony and Naughty Dog being too busy to produce content, but them dumping the work on someone else and earning a profit by doing so seems like something that would be happening all the time.

Message 27 of 42 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Jul 30, 2013

You also use your avatar as your character in some Kinect games, I see my kids doing it all the time...

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Message 28 of 42 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2960 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Good to see you back booke. Here's the real deal, the xbox live avatars have a future. Where as home does not. That descision has been made. Home is DEAD there stalling on that annoucement. But when they do say it. Sales will plummet here that's why they haven't let that cat out of bag yet...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 29 of 42 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I used to hound Devs of games I liked, hoping they'd start (or in some cases, return to) making Home content, THQ in particular, considering I'm a huge WWE fan.  I only got an email reply once, and it was a cookie cutter robo-reply telling me that if I wanted to be informed on "what's next" for THQ, to visit their website often...

Well, we all see what was next for THQ.

Anyways, I would (at one point, daily) hound multiple game devs on twitter: No response.  I'd send emails: No response.  So I just quit.  In the case of WWE stuff in Home, once 2K took over for THQ, I started pestering 2K/2K sports for WWE Home stuff, and, imagine that, no response.

I love that The Last of Us was mentioned as an example as well.  Pretty much sums it up right there for me anyway, how Sony feels about Home when they release one of their most anticipated games of the year, and not even a simple "I bought The Last of Us and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." shirt for our Home Avi's, lol.

I'm not trying to sound like a brat or a Debbie downer here, just voicing some of my personal observations and concerns.  I've been a Home user since Late closed beta, and I can honestly say I miss the old Home.  I miss when there were lots of promotions and tie-in's.  When there were Playstation Home avatar items as pre-order incentives on Amazon, Mt. Dew Hoodies from 7-11. I miss when there was Game content and game related spaces.  Now, it's all about having 900 pairs of the same re-skined shoes, and they throw us a bone every once in a while by tossing us something that's been out in another region for months.  The Defiance stuff from EU?  I'd love to have that here.  It's free there, but I'd be willing to pay for it.  Why?  Because it's cool stuff that represents an awesome game I play.  No, you guys in the US don't need Defiance game related stuff, but here, buy this $14.99 beachfront "mansion".

Seems legit.

Message 30 of 42 (162 Views)