Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Re: Will there be weather factors?

Mar 10, 2007
Topics like these make me think that people don't quite understand what Home is. You are not building a house from the ground up. You get an apartment space, only visible from the inside, except for maybe decks. You get to furnish the inside. There might be a few different apartment looks that you can choose from. You are not getting a whole house, at least not yet.

Weather is unlikely because it seems like you are inside a snow globe type thing. Think of it as a huge mall. Therefor weather is highly unlikely. There is not going to be natural disasters. This is Home, not Sim City. This is an online community, not a game.
Message 11 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
939 posts

Mar 10, 2007

markdawg7x wrote:
Topics like these make me think that people don't quite understand what Home is. You are not building a house from the ground up. You get an apartment space, only visible from the inside, except for maybe decks. You get to furnish the inside. There might be a few different apartment looks that you can choose from. You are not getting a whole house, at least not yet.

Weather is unlikely because it seems like you are inside a snow globe type thing. Think of it as a huge mall. Therefor weather is highly unlikely. There is not going to be natural disasters. This is Home, not Sim City. This is an online community, not a game.

I agree I still don't truly think a vast majority of People get what home is. Somebody should make a post as to what Home truly is and and explain it in the most simplistic terms and get it Pinned. I think allot of people who are excited about it think it's more of a gasme and i think allot of Naysayers think of it as a game.
Leader of the Star Wars Alliance Gaming Clan
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 Legend
PSN JM_Obi-Wan
http://www.swaclansite.com
Message 12 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Mar 10, 2007
Yeah, people are thinkihg it is the Sims. You will not be walking around looking for a place to go to the bathroom or trying to eat before your guy dies. You simply hang out and interact with other users. Although there are games inside of Home, such as pool, bowling and more, Home itself is not a game.
Message 13 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
939 posts

Mar 10, 2007

markdawg7x wrote:
Yeah, people are thinkihg it is the Sims. You will not be walking around looking for a place to go to the bathroom or trying to eat before your guy dies. You simply hang out and interact with other users. Although there are games inside of Home, such as pool, bowling and more, Home itself is not a game.

Yeah it's more of a gaming Hub and not a game.
Leader of the Star Wars Alliance Gaming Clan
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 Legend
PSN JM_Obi-Wan
http://www.swaclansite.com
Message 14 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 10, 2007

markdawg7x wrote:

One cool way to upgrade your pad is by customizing the view out your window. Everyone's house has "the perfect view" so that no one is stuck looking down into an alley. However, there will be different options for what is outside your window. You may want to look out over a lake, for example. To make your lake view different than others, Sony plans to offer some extras to place in the background. You could put a boat floating out by the lake or perhaps have a flock of birds fly by in the horizon. So while many people will have the same base view from their apartment window, each can have its own distinct flare.

so yes I guess weather could be implemented to your Perfect View (even storms or ... dare I say .... A burning london with critters eating troops outside your windows....)

source: IGN
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 15 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Mar 10, 2007
True, but it really wouldn't have any effect on anything besides decoration. I look forward to seeing what kind of outdoor scenery they will have.

Message Edited by markdawg7x on 03-10-2007 01:10 PM
Message 16 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3158 posts

Mar 10, 2007

SILO-5 wrote:
It would be a intresting idea if they start implementing weather into Home.  What if they starting having natrual diasaters in the home, earthquakes, rain, ect.  It will make ppl rebuild their homes and start from scratch.  Kinda actaully make home into a game.  Of course you will still have everything you bought in your inventory so you wont have to buy everything all over again.
Funny, if we start getting weather reports of the weather or even better, weather reports of where you live.
Say someone lives in California and its rainining cali, the people who live in that area of cali that are part of home, it will be raining around their home.
I thought that would be a interesting idea.

Message Edited by SILO-5 on 03-10-2007 10:13 AM

i could see a weather thing being a part of it,having to do with the seasons,maybe like an optional background if you wanted it or not..we'll see as the interface progresses

Message 17 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Mar 10, 2007
I would not like to have to rebuild my house that I spent a long time making.
Message 18 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

Mar 10, 2007
The only thing I would like is a Day/Night feature. Other than that. keep the weather away from me
Message 19 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Mar 10, 2007

Darkiewonder wrote:
The only thing I would like is a Day/Night feature. Other than that. keep the weather away from me

I agree. People have been talking about a day/night feature. Wonder how it would work though as different people from all over the world would be accessing the server at different times so it couldn't have the time based on your internal clock. Perhaps Home can have it's own time and seasons. Snow at Xmas would be a neat feature, but I don't see them using the weather though. Have to wait and see.
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 20 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes