Sackboy
610 posts

Re: Will I be forced to use HOME?

Mar 10, 2007
"Sony made a gaming system for adults and yet they will put in a feature that prepubesent teenagers would use."

Ok.............................^

I would like to no where you receive your information from.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Mar 10, 2007

PS2AddonsLikeLEGOS wrote:
I'm 26 years old.  I mention my age because HOME does not interest me whatesoever.  Will Sony give me the option of a 2D dashboard equivilent to HOME that will let me do what I need in a few button presses and not waste time?  Walking around a 3D world to get stuff done just isn't practical.  Sony made a gaming system for adults and yet they will put in a feature that prepubesent teenagers would use.

From the looks of it, the XMB stays the same except for the new HOME addition. So if you never want to use it don't use it. To me it looks like HOME is just an alternative for those who like the idea of hanging out in a virtual community and feel they are getting a little bit more out of the experience.
PSN: LikwidNitro
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
431 posts

Mar 10, 2007
ultima online ftw back in 97-99 years!
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Mar 10, 2007

BrolyReborn wrote:
Who wouldn't want to use this? You haven't even tried it out yet and you are already deeming it for the "prepubescent". It is nice to know you are open to try new things and aren't some cranky user with a negative attitude towards everything.

People who like to wreak havoc by blowing stuff up.  People like me.
"...the AI is about as intelligent as an orange rolling down a hill. It stands around, stares at walls, twitches madly, remains completely oblivious to things like the death of its friends, and likes to line up in single file and march to its death."
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
746 posts

Mar 10, 2007
im gonna have fun throwing my sony bravia down the stairs like in the On-Stage demo
lol

im mainly going to use home to invite friends over to watch videos and stuff
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

Mar 10, 2007

ifmracin wrote:
I think they need to keep the existing Playstation Store and have Home as options.

When they make Home, they're getting rid of the PS store? that sucks if they do.
Is rap music or just Crap without the C? Classic Rock will live on!!
98% of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature.

Owner of a Gibson SG and an Epiphone Les Paul. Future owner of a Gibson Les Paul Powertune
This Guy's Hilarious
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 10, 2007
most things like joining games and purchasing items from the PSN will still be like they are now.
otoh
home allows developers to create specific gaming lobbies for their games to meet other players in
It allows great ability to organize Player Associations with virtual meeting locations
It allows developers to create mini demos of games and all people to access them without recourse to giving away parts of their game
It pays for your free network access
It allows Sony to create an innovative method of rewarding game play
It allows voice chat to those not on your friends list outside of games...

etc.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 10, 2007

Italian2510 wrote:

ifmracin wrote:
I think they need to keep the existing Playstation Store and have Home as options.

When they make Home, they're getting rid of the PS store? that sucks if they do.

Nope it is remaining - just won't have as many games/demos available to it. PSN store will still get all sony product etc but... Developers can create their own lobbies in Home that allow them to show off their product outside of the PSN store.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
666 posts

Mar 11, 2007

PS2AddonsLikeLEGOS wrote:
I'm 26 years old.  I mention my age because HOME does not interest me whatesoever.  Will Sony give me the option of a 2D dashboard equivilent to HOME that will let me do what I need in a few button presses and not waste time?  Walking around a 3D world to get stuff done just isn't practical.  Sony made a gaming system for adults and yet they will put in a feature that prepubesent teenagers would use.

2D dashboard???.... yeah, it's on your X-box....

You are so old... I'm surprised you are still gaming at your age. Wow, 26, man you must think we all suck on bottles here.

"a feature that prepubesent teenagers would use" is really your opinion, and I can say you are in the minority. I think many prepubesent teenagers and postpubesent adults will enjoy Home equally.

Perhaps in time, you'll catch up to your age and you'll think this is really a cool feature.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes