Apr 02 2007
By: Xenokai Fender Bender 3322 posts

Will Home be able to be downloaded in the Background?

12 replies 23 views Edited Apr 2, 2007
I know the folding@home thing couldnt use the background downloading.   Anyone think home will be able to be downloaded like that?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Re: Will Home be able to be downloaded in the Background?

Apr 2, 2007
Wrong home.
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 2, 2007

default001 wrote:
Wrong home.

Actually No, he is not talking about F@H he is comparing downloads between F@H and Home, If I understand the question correctly he is asking do you think you can download Home while doing something else, like queued downloading, he just used F@H to show his point, not actually talking about it

Message Edited by PSPMAN07 on 04-01-2007 10:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Apr 2, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

default001 wrote:
Wrong home.

Actually No, he is not talking about F@H he is comparing downloads between F@H and Home, If I understand the question correctly he is asking do you think you can download Home while doing something else, like queued downloading, he just used F@H to show his point, not actually talking about it

I saw F@H and I replied
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 2, 2007

default001 wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

default001 wrote:
Wrong home.

I saw F@H and I replied

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it to but I read it, but it was hard making sense of , I still don't know if I accurately measure the question, lol
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1489 posts

Apr 2, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

default001 wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

default001 wrote:
Wrong home.

I saw F@H and I replied

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it to but I read it, but it was hard making sense of , I still don't know if I accurately measure the question, lol

Lets make it simple then ... what ever he was asking, the answer is no lol

Seriously though, while in home, it will most likely not support background downloading just like it doesn't when using F@H. What ever downloads you have will pause, and continue after. No official news of this, but I'm betting it will be as so since we will have dinamic HD clips being streamed into our PS3's displayed in the home world tv's, as well as audio, people chatting, and using headsets. (pretty sure that was his question... I think)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Apr 2, 2007
Well what im asking is when home or home beta is released will i be able to download the hefty 500mb client while i play motorstorm offline?  I have a slow connection xD   I just used folding@home as a example.    
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 2, 2007

Xenokai wrote:
Well what im asking is when home or home beta is released will i be able to download the hefty 500mb client while i play motorstorm offline?  I have a slow connection xD   I just used folding@home as a example.    

Nope, you will have to download it normally, by just waiting, my suggestion is to get some faster service in between now and the release of Home, I understand your pain as I used to be in it as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2786 posts

Apr 2, 2007
Yes. As a matter of fact, you can download it in the background. You simply have to go to the PlayStation Store and download it, then sit back a do whatever! At the conference, they did say that Home would be a free download from the PS Store, so why wouldn't you be able to download it in the background?

"In my life, I have this regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Apr 2, 2007
Because the icon for downloading Home will likely be in the Internet menu, not in the PlayStation Store. It's going to be included in a firmware update, not a store update.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes