Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 26 2007
By: PSP_OR_DEATH~ Lombax Warrior 207 posts

Why you likely didn't get an e-mail for Home

30 replies 2 views Edited Apr 26, 2007
In looking at my account prefrences earlier, I noticed that the little box that was to be checked regarding receiving e-mail from SCEA was not checked in my profile. Typically the stuff sites send out is junk so I never check those boxes, looks like this time that may have been a good idea lol. Anyway all those who have not received an e-mail may wanna check that also, as I'd assume thats why a number of you, like me, didn't get the invite.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

Re: Why you likely didn't get an e-mail for Home

Apr 26, 2007

PSP_OR_DEATH wrote:
In looking at my account prefrences earlier, I noticed that the little box that was to be checked regarding receiving e-mail from SCEA was not checked in my profile. Typically the stuff sites send out is junk so I never check those boxes, looks like this time that may have been a good idea lol. Anyway all those who have not received an e-mail may wanna check that also, as I'd assume thats why a number of you, like me, didn't get the invite.

i had it checked...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Well there goes that theory lol.

I figured that may be why, and perhaps for some people it is, while for others it's not.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
863 posts

Apr 26, 2007
well i'm disapointed but guess i can wait for august
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Apr 26, 2007

PSP_OR_DEATH wrote:

checked and updated with all my hardware months ago. It is a limited sampling so you may or may not get it no matter what you do.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

Apr 26, 2007

PSP_OR_DEATH wrote:

I figured that may be why, and perhaps for some people it is, while for others it's not.

i thought teh same thign too but i went to make sure it was checked...I am just disappointed in the fact that, peopel who dont own ps3 got an email. people with (1) post got emails and no emails here...makes no sense...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10740 posts

Apr 26, 2007
there are a bunch of things you have to be a member of the underground, you have to have a psn, you have to have registered the ps3, all must have the same email adress. i think there are still more too.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Meh im kinda pissed but theres not much we can do. It's going to be a free service when it launches for all to enjoy, so while it sucks to have to wait longer then some to enjoy it, I can deal with it until we all get our shot.

Lets be honest here. Everyone keeps complaining about how Sony went about conducting this closed BETA invite but what were they expected to do? there is no real proper way to conduct such a thing as everyone thinks they have their reasons for being chosen. Some think because they have thousands of forum posts, others because of their loyalty to Sony from PS1 etc. The bottom line is no matter how they went about this people would have been upset regardless. Who's to say that the homebetatrial.com site would have been any more liberal? I would tend to say the opposite. Sending out invite e-mails or having a page for 1st come 1st serve basis are both going to leave people feeling abandonded by Sony so I don't know why people can be so upset at them. They did it in the best way they could, while still being logical.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Gnob wrote:
there are a bunch of things you have to be a member of the underground, you have to have a psn, you have to have registered the ps3, all must have the same email adress. i think there are still more too.

yup I've done all that...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Apr 26, 2007

IceCold wrote:

PSP_OR_DEATH wrote:

i thought teh same thign too but i went to make sure it was checked...I am just disappointed in the fact that, peopel who dont own ps3 got an email. people with (1) post got emails and no emails here...makes no sense...

Posts on a message board should not have anything to do with it. I have been registered here and have been reading posts here since 2003 but only have 120 something posts and I got an email. I think it is more of a random thing.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes