By: al2009man Last Guardian 10798 posts
Accepted Solution

Why people dislike Hip Hop Gamer?

[ Edited ]
40 replies 2179 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

I don't know how...

I saw it at the Blog:

ihatereading369  |  January 12th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Space looks amazing… might actually have to check out Home again.

Also, I hateeee hip hop gamer. Never seen a more unprofessional video game journalist… If you can really call him that.

GlassWalls  |  January 12th, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Yes, the space looks amazing. It’s a very personally exciting  release for me. I think anyone who retains a little bit of their  childhood innocence or heck, anyone who was lucky enough to have their  own treehouse will instantly enjoy this gorgeous space.

As for HipHopGamer, he’s definitely a character, and his presence makes the enthusiastic press all the more colorful and fun.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pgsdi  |  January 12th, 2011 at 3:21 pm

hiphop gamer is a joke, for Sony to even give this guy a sec of a mention is truly appalling… jeers

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

okay, someone need to tell me why people don't like HHG ?

And I'm going to remove this post later...Or not!

edit: Hey, Future Al here, y'known. this thread was suppose to be remove complely, until it was somehow revived. i kindal saw it while fooling around. but ignores it. so...ignore this thread, please

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 41 (2,179 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Re: Why don't people like Hip Hop Gamer?

Jan 13, 2011

I don't think anyone is going to hand Hip Hop Gamer a Pulitzer Prize anytime soon, but that's not the point of his show. He talks about Sony stuff with a great deal of enthusiasm, and from what I've seen in the Theater, he knows his stuff.

It's good that GlassWalls and Sony work to bring different points of view and different types of content to the Community Theater. Not everything will appeal to everyone, but that's part of the fun.

North America has a very unique resource in the Community Theater, one that will hopefully grow and include even more types of programming over time. It's alright to say that you don't like a show, or that it doesn't appeal to you, but try to keep it civil. I'm sure HHG works very hard to put out a good show. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing, and that's cool, but don't criticize Sony for having it or other people for liking it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 41 (2,179 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jan 13, 2011

when you become a notable person you'll get haters for whatever reason.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 41 (2,179 Views)
Wastelander
750 posts

Jan 13, 2011

I do see what you mean. I would think that Sony would pick someone a little more professional... But hey, It is what it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 41 (2,178 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Jan 13, 2011

They are getting advertising dollars from the U.S. Air Force - and you know the prime target of the military recruiters is teens, especially those who might have difficulty getting a better job than the military can offer.  I completely understand the Sony marketing strategy. They need to draw a wide range of markets, segmented by demographic data they can show potential advertisers, to gain that important source of revenue.

HipHop Gamer does NOT suck.  He appeals to a market segment whose demographic and psychographic profiles are quite different from yours.  Otherwise known as 'different strokes for different folks'.  The range of offerings in Home goes all the way from HipHop Gamer at one end of the spectrum to HomeStation Magazine at the other.  You can't expect someone who loves to read "Vanity Fair' or "The New Yorker" to also be buying every comic book that comes along (or are they called graphic novels now?).  So these considerations are very important to any advertising agency interested in putting a portion of their client's ad budget into a virtual reality site or any other media.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 41 (2,178 Views)
Fender Bender
3496 posts

Jan 13, 2011

I take it that everyone that hates HipHop's style of Journalism also Hates HipHop Music. I like him, he speaks to a vary specific group of ppl and I'm one of those.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 41 (2,178 Views)
VP of Gaming
25580 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

We all have different likes and dislikes. But that is certainly no reason to toss out insults or try to convince others to agree with you. Our diffrent likes and dislikes makes things very interesting in the world and in Home.

So some may not like Hip Hop Gamer. Great. That's why we have different auditoriums in the Theater. You don't have to see the program. But other people may want to watch him. Isn't that okay?

Home wants to be entertaining and fun for all people. It's a very big task as not everyone will like the samething. So we have variety. Different programs for different people. It's all cool.

I think it's pretty cool that Home is allowing people to showcase their own programs, interests and support for Home, the PSN and the PlayStation. This is only one thing that will bind our community together, to make us bigger and stronger.

We have some negativity in Home. We are all aware of it. Some of the negativity tends to push people away from Home. Isn't it nice to have people who want to keep people here and to draw others back. By offering us varying styles of entertainment, Home is doing what it can to keep the community happy and together.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 41 (2,178 Views)
Last Guardian
10798 posts

Jan 13, 2011

Loco_Esse wrote:

when you become a notable person you'll get haters for whatever reason.

Well, i got some hater's on Youtube, But i remove it!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 41 (2,178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Re: Why people don't like Hip Hop Gamer?

Jan 14, 2011

i have no idea who hip hop gamer is.  I really don't pay attention to most of the stuff in pod cast either because most of it, i have already learned from others. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 41 (2,178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Re: Why people don't like Hip Hop Gamer?

Jan 14, 2011

P.S.  I don't care what people say about glass walls.  a) because you can't see thru him, he's actully not transparent at all.  b) He was one of the few people who actually listened to what i had to say about what took place at the EA sports complex.  Despite his outrageous colored hair, he means well. Glass walls, kudos to you.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 41 (2,178 Views)