Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Why is Home still in beta?

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

Although I have enjoyed our conversation on the matter, King I can no longer go on with this topixc. I am afraid someday you're going to snap from playing ''I'm right'' :smileywink:

Ok, only on this BBS does someone tell you that they are done with a topic and then goes on to ask a quesion.  Whats up with that?  It's not even a clear question...  Playing what?  Home?  I don't see it as a game...

Aslo what is up with the "logo" that you posted?  Where is it from?  It's not from the icon to go on to Home and I just posted the log-on screen so it's not that eithert.  Where did you get it from?

Again log-on screen.

Home lon-on.jpg

Sony just took the "Beta" from one side and put it onto the other side.  But!  It's still there.  Go on and log-on to Home and your see it.  :smileywink:

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 21 of 34 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29199 posts

Mar 1, 2014

myalana wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Although I have enjoyed our conversation on the matter, King I can no longer go on with this topic. I am afraid someday you're going to snap from playing ''I'm right'' :smileywink:

Maybe he's still in beta and that's why we see these problems. I hope he comes out of beta one day...it would be simple enough if some issues were addressed. I'm giving feedback here...you're welcome.

Some community members have made a career of discussing and repeating the Home is in Beta tag. Seriously Home's future doesn't rest on the label. It rests on decisions that have been or will be made by Sony management relative to Home's future.

Message 22 of 34 (211 Views)
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Although I have enjoyed our conversation on the matter, King I can no longer go on with this topixc. I am afraid someday you're going to snap from playing ''I'm right'' :smileywink:

Ok, only on this BBS does someone tell you that they are done with a topic and then goes on to ask a quesion.  Whats up with that?  It's not even a clear question...  Playing what?  Home?  I don't see it as a game...

Aslo what is up with the "logo" that you posted?  Where is it from?  It's not from the icon to go on to Home and I just posted the log-on screen so it's not that eithert.  Where did you get it from?

Again log-on screen.

Sony just took the "Beta" from one side and put it onto the other side.  But!  It's still there.  Go on and log-on to Home and your see it.  :smileywink:

I wish you would back up and reread my post up there ''They removed the name from the Home logo years ago and you only see it when logging into Home.'' I said right there you still see the beta tagwhen logging into Home.

Where did I get the new logo? Sony. it is what they use.

i love the font also..

Winner.png

homeblog.png

HomeStationMagazine
Message 23 of 34 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
Some community members have made a career of discussing and repeating the Home is in Beta tag. Seriously Home's future doesn't rest on the label. It rests on decisions that have been or will be made by Sony management relative to Home's future.

Again how can you say that?

• Advertisers
  • game developers (makeing PS3 game spaces)
  • third party game developers (many have left and never came back)
  • members refusing to spend money on a beta
  • Don't forget the title by it's self says that it does not meet Sonys standards.

Now I've worked at making programs in the past and I've never made any program that has made me money when it was in beta.  What Sony has does by asking it's users to buy items with real money is unheard of in open or closed betas.

The people that I crossed off where the same people that where going to make Home a big success.  Home at one point was going to be full of advertisers.  Think about any brand name in the world and it would have been very possable to have seen in in Home.  It's a win/win for eveyone Sony gets money for advertising the companies get the word out about there cool products and we get more things in Home.  But no one wants to invest in a beta!!!  That is also true for game developers and third party game developers.

GAPHome

General

Message 24 of 34 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7538 posts

Mar 1, 2014

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Now I've worked at making programs in the past and I've never made any program that has made me money when it was in beta.  What Sony has does by asking it's users to buy items with real money is unheard of in open or closed betas.

Between March of 2011 and October of 2012 you made no forum posts. Were you busy beta testing something? Do you think you may need to beta test something else in the near future?

Message 25 of 34 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Jersquall wrote:
I wish you would back up and reread my post up there ''They removed the name from the Home logo years ago and you only see it when logging into Home.'' I said right there you still see the beta tagwhen logging into Home.

Where did I get the new logo? Sony. it is what they use.

i love the font also..

Oh, I think I get it now!  Your saying Home is no longer a beta "if" they don't put the beta tag in the beta.  But I see beta's all over the place and very few of them ever put the beta tag in with there logo.  Did Gmail?  Back in the day when Gmail was an app for my phone the icon looked like this:

Gmail

But as you can see it does not say Gmail beta anywhere...  If you went to the Gmail site at that point you would see that they posted Gmail beta all over it.

So...  Whats your point?  You found one or two places where you have found Home with out the beta title and think that Home is no longer in a beta?  See I think this just backs up my points.  Home being in a beta for so longer has cost Sony a lot and due to that they no longer have the support of the people that I had to cross off  my previous list.  Like people wanted to adverstise on Home

GAPHome

General

Message 26 of 34 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

Mar 1, 2014

No Not exactly, king. Not at all. We all know Home is in beta. But like Joanna said it's not I important. Home made over one million dollars it's first month in beta ands how much to date? Sony puts no effort into bringing it out of beta and never mentions it beyond the Home logon screen so how important is it then?

Every logo Sony uses for Home now is the one without a Beta tag so it doesnt seem to matter if it's in Beta.

nope.png

HomeStationMagazine
Message 27 of 34 (164 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4526 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Just looks more like a case of inconsistent brand messaging to me. *Shrug*

Message 28 of 34 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

No Not exactly, king. Not at all. We all know Home is in beta. But like Joanna said it's not I important. Home made over one million dollars it's first month in beta ands how much to date? Sony puts no effort into bringing it out of beta and never mentions it beyond the Home logon screen so how important is it then?

Every logo Sony uses for Home now is the one without a Beta tag so it doesnt seem to matter if it's in Beta.

You asked a question that I've already answered.  "it doesnt seem to matter if it's in Beta" I've already pointed out that everyone from advertisers to PS3 game developers has pulled out of Home.  They use to make money for Home but no more.  You talked about "Home made over one million dollars it's first month in beta" Well guess what...  That was when Home use to have these other guys helping out and sinking money into Home.

"Every logo Sony uses for Home now is the one without a Beta tag" except for the ones in Home!  :smileytongue: But, what is your point?  I've already told you the beta is not a good image for Sony.  Just the title is losing Sony money.  So, yea if I was in Sonys shoes I too would hide the fact that Home is in a beta.  It's nothing to brag about. 

I've also pointed out that it's very rare for anyone to post logos saying that there program is in beta. (go on and look for your self) It posts a bad image for your program...  So I'll ask again.  Seeing how this is not a rare move what is the point that your trying to make.  Sony not making logos or pics that Home is not a beta ='s Home not being a beta?

GAPHome

General

Message 29 of 34 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

Mar 1, 2014

You win, King

KingHappy.png

HomeStationMagazine