Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4999 posts

Re: Why a case can be made that Sony has given up on Home.

Jan 25, 2013

Atlantarama wrote:

Home's progress has always been in fits and starts. There seems to have been both complaints and praise about Home from the beginning, and personally I don't see last year as being any different.

Home does serve a purpose for Sony. It's used to promote console games, it makes money from the sale of virtual items, and its availability does give the PS3 a unique feature, so I don't think Sony will shut it down.

Never say Never.... If PS4 rumors are TRUE... We won't be seeing Home if those rumors are true... 

Also UK has filed a Lawsuit on Sony for the Hacking back in 2011....  So that alone might make SONY say hey we better shut Home down and pay these people.... Well it could happen....

Never say never...

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 77 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16319 posts

Jan 25, 2013
DCS-Tekken wrote:

Never say Never.... If PS4 rumors are TRUE... We won't be seeing Home if those rumors are true... 

Also UK has filed a Lawsuit on Sony for the Hacking back in 2011....  So that alone might make SONY say hey we better shut Home down and pay these people.... Well it could happen....

Never say never...

Sued or fined? I saw the fine and it was around 270k >.> not much. Also, If Home goes to PS4 it most likely will be a whole new animal. A very good' thing too.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 77 (415 Views)
VP of Gaming
25581 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Sony not only created Home as a place for PlayStation owners to gather, but also as a means for third parties to interact and do business with the community.

When Home was first developed, Sony took the reins to show their partners how Home would run. Very likely the plan was for third party partners to eventually be the main source of content in Home with Sony stepping back to work on tech issues such as stability, security, maintenance and core client updates. Basically, Sony will make sure that Home is up and running with tech updates (for us and their partners) while outside Developers create new items and games for us to interact with.

If this is true, then they are doing quite well. And not only that, but occasionally Sony will lend a creative hand with new games and other content.

Sony hasn't given up. They are in the background (with an occasional appearance in the foreground) keeping Home working and growing for us.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 77 (380 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4999 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Jersquall wrote:
DCS-Tekken wrote:

Never say never...

Sued or fined? I saw the fine and it was around 270k >.> not much. Also, If Home goes to PS4 it most likely will be a whole new animal. A very good' thing too.

Sued as in they have to goto Court and they are not gonna pay it... So a court case will says if they pay or not... That's being Sued....

At this rate they most likely get out of it anyways... But if they let the USA Home team go to pay it... Then we know why the USA Home team was let go. Right?

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 77 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Those quests were awful. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 77 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Well if Sony is going to do very little in ways of content and skimpy holiday events, the least they can do is FIX ERRORS PLEASE. So tired of the same old F-13's. I mean this has been an issue for how long? I know i'm not the only one because i usually see lots of random disconnects while in the Hub socializing. Is it too much to ask to have a stable place for socialize with friends or even make new ones? Very annoying to finally meet a nice guy who doesn't hit on you and then "poof". Random F13 and a loss @ a possible friend.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 77 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I wouldn't say they gave up on Home but rather have changed priorities. Which may be a good thing. Who knows, maybe everyone is working on an uber updated version of Home for ps4. Or they'd rather put their focuses on updates, bug fixes and other more core related things than making their own items.. ( which I don't think Sony original items were ever good .. IMO.) But I also think it couldn't hurt them to check the forums and converse a little... about pressing issues.

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 77 (288 Views)
Fender Bender
4202 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Who knows, maybe everyone is working on an uber updated version of Home for ps4.

So wouldnt that mean all ps3 home stuff wouldnt work w a new home? Im not paying for all my stuff again.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 77 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 26, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
Who knows, maybe everyone is working on an uber updated version of Home for ps4.

So wouldnt that mean all ps3 home stuff wouldnt work w a new home? Im not paying for all my stuff again.

Server tied. So if Sony just carries over their network, everything should transfer over.

Hypothetically speaking of course, if they go that route.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 77 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 26, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:

On the slim chance Sony is making a new version of the service for the PS4, yes that's right. Everyone would start over from scratch, although Sony would be stupid not to give out a freebie item pack and/or upskinned versions of old favorites to previous users. They aren't going to be happy campers.

The PS4 has a significantly different architecture from the PS3. The only way to run the existing version is through emulation, which is impractical given the laggy and buggy nature of Home.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 77 (242 Views)
0 Likes