Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
75 posts

Re: Where do they go after they are gone?

Jul 6, 2013

Take a look at Serenity Plaza, it is a rehash of the Central Plaza. you start outside the old apartmant entrance, the dance floor is iff to the left, along with the round water surrounded area that has a swing set and ride in it instead of the plan boring wood floor or what ever they were featuring that week. they expanded the walls a bit but its core is central plaza

Message 11 of 16 (126 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9380 posts

Jul 6, 2013
This is all I know enough of to warrant a comment but I think its an interesting question by OP. I have always been curious of this myself.

Those event spaces although in appearance similar were actually differently servers independant of each other. Like for example when they did that Dust514 preview video public space where they gave free tshirts, they called it the events lounge. This was supposedly the same events lounge that modnation racers was once held in. At the time of DUST I had the modnation space saved in favorites although it was off the navigator. They were independant of each other and existed at the same time sort of akin to how theres a nighttime 4th of july acorn meadows right now and a daytime normal acorn meadows both on nav both different spaces.
The artists just use the same framework as a starting point when designing a space. Im quite sure the reason some old spaces were taken off the servers is they were old Home technology that didnt allow them to update frequently like we have now. Back then spaces went up and what they had was what you got. Now we have lounges that can be updated to newer versions like what GZ does.
Support Forums
Message 12 of 16 (122 Views)
Survivor
1680 posts

Jul 8, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote: *snip*

After it was deleted I never saw any space that even looks like it ever again. 

I did.....:smileysurprised:

I think that you must have every Magnus update saved and you go through them frame by frame taking screen shots. I'm not saying this is a bad thing... it just seems odd to me.

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too. I'm going to miss a lot of you as I'm not much of a gamer. You know who you are.
Message 13 of 16 (105 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jul 8, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

steamheart wrote:

Like many of you, I sometimes find myself missing public spaces that are no longer available.  I understand that HOME is constantly evolving.  The layout of HOME changes as old places fall out of popularity and new locations are added.  What I often find myself wondering is where these old locations go after they disappear from the navigator.  Are the assets used to create and implement those locations simply deleted? 

You occasionally see old public locations pop up as personal spaces in the EU version of Home.  Different regions of HOME retain a location or locations long after they have disappeared from other regions.  Some users have retained access to an event space long after it had been rendered inaccessible to the majority of users(some users have coined the term "off-navigator" to refer to these locations).  I assume policy on the repurposing, deletion, or removal of older content differs dependent on region.  This is, however, simply an assumption. 

How about it?  Do any of you have experience with coding or programming?  If you do, I would be interested in hearing your insights on how you would handle these older areas from a technical standpoint.  Additionally, any suggested reading on how similar situations are handled in other "simulated reality" games would be welcome and appreciated. 

The truth is I don't know...  But I'm led to believe Sony just deletes them.  The very first space to be deleted was the Warhawk space wich was very successful in getting players who play the game together and game launch right into the game.  After it was deleted I never saw any space that even looks like it ever again.  There was also the very cool PSH Event space Sony said it took them months to make they used it a few times and then nothing.  Seems like a wast of time and moeny if you ask me.  Sony "could" have one space they could use over and over again every time there is an event.  But seems like every year (Example E3 this year) Sony wants to make a new space and spend all kinds of time and money on it just to have it open for a few weeks.

Eh, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't our first space that was taken away the Fat princess space? Just wondering. I was pretty sure that was gone quite awhile before the warhawk space poofed

Message 14 of 16 (97 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9380 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Up until a month or two ago you could still visit the Fat Princess space though. So it never was deleted. It just 'vanished' from NA servers. Now that it is gone from EU's navigator though is it still around.. Yknow...somewhere? Deleted? Hidden? Gotsta know :smileytongue:
Support Forums
Message 15 of 16 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5583 posts

Jul 8, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote: *snip*

After it was deleted I never saw any space that even looks like it ever again. 

I did.....:smileysurprised:

I think that you must have every Magnus update saved and you go through them frame by frame taking screen shots. I'm not saying this is a bad thing... it just seems odd to me.

I watch the videos every week (if they're posted) just like everyone else, and no, I don't save them

What you seem to label as "odd", I consider it observant.

While most people focus on the crap they're trying to sell you, I tend to look at the "whole" video.

Message 16 of 16 (65 Views)
0 Likes