Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
25634 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:
As Rumor has it: PlayStation Home will be Closing sometime in 2014 Are u ready to be Homeless???

The only person spreading this "rumor is you. Tempest_Fire has already stated that there are several core updates planned for Home. As we usually get one or two a year, it looks as if Home will be around for a while longer that you hope for.

 

This is all you ever do. You try to convince people to believe you and hope that they will quit Home so that Home would be forced to shut down. What an ego boost for you, eh chummer, if you manage to succeed?

 

But you won't , as you have already lost. You're not helping anyone but yourself.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 58 (360 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/02/2009
Online
1325 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
Feel sorry for the people who are addicated to Home and spent all that money.

Please don't feel sorry for those of us who truly are still enjoying Home. Just feel it for those who consistantly complain, yet still come on just to be miserable.

 

Clearly some people are not happy, but...

 

I have a great time every night. I have no tech issues or missing items. Everything runs as advertised (at least for the spaces I go to). And when I've had issues, they were quickly resolved.

 

The party is still going and I'm having a blast!

 

Whether in beta or out, Home is a nice place to be (for me). I know some will have an issue with that (personal) fact.




 

I think that when home leaves "Beta" is when it shuts down! The only reason I still use Home is because I have friends who still use it and I got a second PS3 that I refuse to install Home on because of the issues that Home has had! Without going into all the issues Home has had and going further off topic. That is when I think Home will leave the Beta! 
 
The question if Home will be on the PS4 is painfully obvious to me as to my knowledge Home is built around the PS3s Cell which the PS4 dose not have. So you can only guess what homes future will be as far as that goes! I think if we are lucky Home will continue the rest of the PS3s life cycle! But as far as the Beta thing goes it is my belief that it's a perpetual Beta! Thru the good the bad and the ugly thou I can say that I met a lot of wonderful people on Home and I met some pretty Colorful ones too.  My issue with home is I have a lot invested not just monetarily but time wise too. &nbsp


-Edited for inappropriate content

Raptr Gamercard

The Death of Home is apon us! Deal with it!
I like R2 options!
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 58 (340 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
25634 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

XrazgarX wrote:

I don't recall you ever saying anything negative about Home! How is it that you never have a single solitary issue with Home? I can't believe its all sunshine and rainbows for you! 


Most likely, you have never read all of my posts or understood them. I use the official monthly suggestion thread and Home Support. 

 

I certainly have had some minor technical issues, and they were resolved through community input or official announcements.

 

Truthfully, I am only missing one item, and I don't even miss it.

 

I've had four different Providers due to my jobs, and have had no issue with Home (other than what I have posted above). I have had four set-ups, three wired and the current one wireless. Still no consistant problems.

 

 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 58 (334 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/19/2010
Online
3003 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

Oct 10, 2013

It must be a numbing experience to never mean what you say or say what you mean.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 58 (295 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/06/2012
Offline
5608 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013
Home will never graduate beyond its beta handrails. Ever.

I think thats half the reason why they never really advertised it much, only ideas they could come up with for a commercial were strikingly similar to the old crash test dummy commercials and they probably didnt want to publicly humiliate themselves for advertising a five year old program with a beta tag.

@max of course you never have much technical issues. Your friends with half the people who cause them for others..
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 58 (285 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2006
Offline
4375 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

Oct 10, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
Feel sorry for the people who are addicated to Home and spent all that money.

Please don't feel sorry for those of us who truly are still enjoying Home. Just feel it for those who consistantly complain, yet still come on just to be miserable.

 

Clearly some people are not happy, but...

 

I have a great time every night. I have no tech issues or missing items. Everything runs as advertised (at least for the spaces I go to). And when I've had issues, they were quickly resolved.

 

The party is still going and I'm having a blast!

 

Whether in beta or out, Home is a nice place to be (for me). I know some will have an issue with that (personal) fact.


How wonderful.  For You.

 

It doesn't change the fact that Home is hugely unstable for many others.  That Home has been this way since inception.  That Home is a fully functioning revenue stream for Sony and specifically SCEA, and that Home does not even begin to scratch the surface of proper customer care, support, or reliability that an official service of such a revenue stream should be providing.

 

Many people have issues of lost items.  Items they have paid money for.  Many people have issues of being able to use the service to get value from the items they have paid money for.

 

They have limited channels to get results, none of them official or convenient.  Sony is quick with the checkout counter, slow on the core updates.  Quick with the withdrawal from your wallet, slow with the solving of freezers and hackers.

 

And it has been this way since day one.  Why?  Because it's in "beta".  Most people get "beta" customer service to deal with their problems with "beta" reliability for things they paid for with REAL money.

 

But hey, as long as everything is running smoothly for you, right.

As long as you're having fun, then you can bury your head in the sand about the fact that Home has some real issues, issues that effect many people daily, issues Sony has always known about, but never really address.

 

None of that matters as long as ol Conrad is still getting his jollies with the service.

No one else should ever complain because ol Conrad doesn't want to be reminded of the reality that many people are facing.

 

What a wonderfully selfish attitude.

 

 


 


 


 


Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 58 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/29/2011
Online
1305 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

 

But hey, as long as everything is running smoothly for you, right.

As long as you're having fun, then you can bury your head in the sand about the fact that Home has some real issues, issues that effect many people daily, issues Sony has always known about, but never really address.

 

None of that matters as long as ol Conrad is still getting his jollies with the service.

No one else should ever complain because ol Conrad doesn't want to be reminded of the reality that many people are facing.

 

What a wonderfully selfish attitude.

 



The key to avoid having posts closed by the mods is nuance and subtlety, Sarge.

 

Maybe one day, man..one day...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



















































"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 58 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/25/2010
Offline
1691 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

Oct 10, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

 

The party is still going and I'm having a blast! 

.


pshome support.png

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 58 (219 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/29/2011
Online
1305 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

Oct 10, 2013

Lol@that..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



















































"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 58 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2006
Offline
4375 posts
 

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

 

But hey, as long as everything is running smoothly for you, right.

As long as you're having fun, then you can bury your head in the sand about the fact that Home has some real issues, issues that effect many people daily, issues Sony has always known about, but never really address.

 

None of that matters as long as ol Conrad is still getting his jollies with the service.

No one else should ever complain because ol Conrad doesn't want to be reminded of the reality that many people are facing.

 

What a wonderfully selfish attitude.

 



The key to avoid having posts closed by the mods is nuance and subtlety, Sarge.

 

Maybe one day, man..one day...


When it comes to this topic, nuance and subtlety doesn't work on ol Conrad.

Whenever this issue is raised, his passive aggressive response has always been along the lines of, "it's working fine for me, so the rest of you shut up".

 


 


 


 


Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 58 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes