Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

Oct 9, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
feel sorry for the people who are addicated to Home and spent all that money.
They are going to take their money and run with it. Just like they do with everything else. 

Feel even more sorry for the people that spent all their money, their family's money and wasted job opportunities, their health because they thought Home was special or they were special on Home.

As for taking our money I don't see it that way at all. Every product has a lifespan and when it's nearing the end it's not like they're running a racket. It's business as usual and closing a service that isn't profitting isn't exactly a scam.

That's what they did in Hudson.  Will never receive an update, because they took the money and ran with it.  Even JW, told me that.  All the other companies on Home, will follow.    Everything is a process right now, soon it will be on life support.   

People should stop spending now, they are going to get hurt!  But, each his own. 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 58 (266 Views)
I Only Post Everything
756 posts

Oct 9, 2013
I spend money on home knowing it's not going to last forever. When it ends, it ends. It was fun while it was around.
nelsig
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 58 (253 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 9, 2013
People who spend crazy amounts on here. You wonder why, the country is debt, because look what people waste money on.

I know people that even use their EBT cards on here. Truly sad!
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 58 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1923 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Actually, it is a good thing they keep it in beta. If they took it out, more people would complain. Keeping it beta saves them from getting in any real trouble if something does not work, and, it gives them the chance to change something and make it better, without having to buy the" new and improved" version. Most of the developers from time to time, considering all the work they do with design, have been very good to us, though we complain( and even I do, because from time to time, things do break down) . If they took the beta tag off, more Jack Jockeys would sue them over " nothing". With the beta tag on, we realize it is" as is" and trust them to do the right thing and fix it eventually.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 58 (243 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30912 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Home hasnt been beta for years. the devs just never got around to removing the tag from the images in the service. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 58 (239 Views)
Survivor
1923 posts

Oct 9, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
People who spend crazy amounts on here. You wonder why, the country is debt, because look what people waste money on.

I know people that even use their EBT cards on here. Truly sad!

For some people, this is the only form of" good" entertainment. I am on a fixed income myself( disability). This has given me experiences I can not have in real life. I know people who use money they get for drinking and drugging, and I know someone who used her lump sum for a trip to jamaica. Others go to New York or to gamble. For what I pay on here every month, I could have used the money( usually between $20-$50) to buy a new game from some place. I don't smoke anything,lol, but I know people that spend that much money on their choice. For everyone that complains about something that someone else does, I imagine they have complaints against them as well. I say, as long as one is not hurting themselves or others by using Home, they should do it( as long as their other needs are being met as well, and they aren't stealing or begging much for PSN cards). I even give on occasion, when I can, because I have been where others have been, and know what it is like to see some thing" awesome" and not being able to get it, because one can't get a card or someone to gift it from one of the machines.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 58 (237 Views)
Gaming Beast
2222 posts

Oct 9, 2013

The day it goes on the PS4... oh wait.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try."
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 58 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 9, 2013
@ra. I'm not complaining, I could care less how people spend their and waste it on Home. People can't save money for life of them, and have bills up the ying yang. So, that 20$ they wasted on Home, feel free.

Their spending habits are wrong. I woke up long time ago. Sooner or later, they won't have a dime at all. I know, Home is only used for entertainment purposes.

But people have spent far too much on here and all I'm saying is, people are going to get burned. Some have no clue, Home might be leaving, etc. They have spent thousands. So much, they could've bought a used car for their family or invest it.

When people use EBT cards, etc on here, then you wonder why our country is so far in debt.

It is, what it is. Then you wonder why people don't have 20$ to their names. But, look what was wasted on Home just so they can be entertained top dollar.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 58 (205 Views)
Final Boss
25267 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

I bet some people spent so much on here, that could've bought a second use car, etc. You wonder why what's wrong with this country, what people spend their money on.  Glad I stopped long time ago :smileyhappy:  

I bought a couple of books last month and plan on buying a couple of movies soo. Maybe a videogame, too. And even if people wonder, I won't let that stop me from buying what I like.

I almost forgot. During the time I have been using Home, I have purchased three new cars.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 58 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4969 posts

Oct 10, 2013

retro25 wrote:

PS Home is still open beta since day 1 and I don't know when Playstation Home will be able to leave beta and into the real thing soon.  Thanks PS Home!!!!  :smileywink:

All we know is Home is shutting down first in Japan and then Asia/HK Home's...  U have to wonder what's next??? EU and USA???

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 58 (177 Views)
0 Likes