Oct 09 2013
By: retro25 Lombax Warrior 181 posts

When is PS Home be leaving beta?

57 replies 553 views Edited Oct 9, 2013

PS Home is still open beta since day 1 and I don't know when Playstation Home will be able to leave beta and into the real thing soon.  Thanks PS Home!!!!  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 58 (553 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3899 posts

Re: When is PS Home be leaving beta?

Oct 9, 2013
We don't know. The higher ups that do know won't say. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 58 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

I bet they gave  Glass a PS4 and sent him on his way packing.

Keep his mouth shut. No one knows.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 58 (545 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25411 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

We had been told a few times in the past that the beta tag will remain until Home Producers are ready for it to be removed. We've also been told (by officials) that even then, the tag may remain.

At this time I wouldn't concern myself with the question and just go on enjoying Home. If you are enjoying it. I am.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 58 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Lol

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 58 (518 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Oct 9, 2013

PS Home will always be a Beta GlassWalls told me at the Gamers Lounge. Beta IS already the "real thing".

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 58 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
985 posts

Oct 9, 2013

retro25 wrote:

PS Home is still open beta since day 1 and I don't know when Playstation Home will be able to leave beta and into the real thing soon.  Thanks PS Home!!!!  :smileywink:

Home will remain in Beta, until the day they turn all the Servers off.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 58 (458 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

Jazzy

PS Home will always be a Beta GlassWalls told me at the Gamers Lounge. Beta IS already the "real thing".

Then by that standard, PlayStation Home should be the only existing software application in all of history to ever be in a 5+ year perpetual Beta. Most likely this was done so that Sony would never have to be held accountable for anything that happens on or to Home. "I didnt get what I purchased! SONY: Well....it IS still a Beta, ya know. I've been disconnected and my screen froze 5 times in one hour! SONY: Well....it IS still a Beta! So basically....Sony can do whatever they want with Home due to it being in a constant Beta state. They are not responsible for anything, they do not promise anything, guarantee anything, they have no customer service exclusively for Home, can change anything at any time, they dont have to owe or reimburse anyone for their losses or damages....and they can fall back on their TOS, blaming YOU for agreeing to it, right after saying "It IS still a Beta, ya know!"

This has got to be the shadiest business practice Ive ever seen from Sony. Beta's arent supposed to be everlasting and perpetual. They have STAGES of the Beta cycle theyre supposed to go thru ----> Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta (open and closed) and the release of the actual product. Did we see FFXIV in a perpetual Beta? No, we didnt. It had 4 planned stages before it went full retail. I know SONY isnt Square-Enix....but come on, gimmie a break here.

Another shady thing about Sony is...they dont even really talk about Home. They dont market it, advertise it, reveal stats, how well it did for this quarter or that quarter. keep track and publically announce how many users are participating in Home, how much money this dev made in sales or that dev made in sales. We get absolutely NO information on Home other than what little we get here on the forums.

So I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Home DOES make it to the PS4, that they decide to keep the Beta tag. That would be par for the course, from where I see it.

But to clarify...BETA is not the real thing and thats going by general software standards, in the industry. Thats some phoney bologna crap that SONY spins and wants everyone to believe...when it comes to Home. Thats all it is...

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 58 (443 Views)
Fender Bender
2836 posts

Oct 9, 2013
It will be a beta until the day it closes. This could be because it is by its own definition incomplete and an experiment to help develop things to come on future digital platforms.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 58 (431 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4373 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

So it never became a real product, and thus, Sony has been able to avoid responsibility for issues of reliability and billing, that they would need to have had for a real product.

This, by it's very nature, puts Home in the category of VaporWare.

So congratulations to us all.  We have all been suckered by the biggest most elaborate VaporWare ever in the history of Software.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 58 (403 Views)