PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Re: What was your difficult freebie hunting experience??

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

The most difficult freebie hunting experience I've had is when I re-did the level 8 Uncharted 3 TGI where I have to have an accuracy of 60% or higher to obtain the Dragunov reward. I even aim for the enemies' heads to raise my accuracy score even higher to help me out.

Dragunov

Towards Young:

This is actually a simple challenge if you do it correctly.

Some advice for the future would be to only use the hand gun, the AK-47 and shotgun in the game severely decreases your accuracy rating regardless of hitting the enemy directly. With a hand gun I was easily reeling in 85-95% accuracy ratings.

goddessbunny42 wrote: OK ... I'm actually quite up there above 60% in my accuracy for UC3, but HOW in heaven's name can you get past that stupid boss with the Rocket Launcher in Wave 2??? grrrr ..

Towards Bunny:
To get past the boss in "Wave 2" you honestly just will have to run to different covers every time he fires a rocket and then shoot at him, it's quite simple.

If you stay at the same cover every time he fires at you, you're going to get hit quite frequently, so stay agile. :catwink:
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 79 (313 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Sep 27, 2013

@41

The skeleton hand is for a royal flush on the brimstone poker table from mass media. Each hand takes a minimum of 17.5 seconds and the table itself has a glitch which makes the odds for a royal even worse than in real life, my guess is about 1 in 35,000 as opposed to not even 31,000. 175 hours of pressing x (with an unfortunate partner youll need to find) will give you a 50% chance of getting one. Increase it to 350 hours and the odds are 87%. I didn't calculate any further since I had mine by now but even at 525 hours it is no guarantee to have.

FF14 > PSH x1000

i96 WAR
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 79 (290 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

Sep 27, 2013
@Darcness

The skeleton hand is for a royal flush on the brimstone poker table from mass media. Each hand takes a minimum of 17.5 seconds and the table itself has a glitch which makes the odds for a royal even worse than in real life, my guess is about 1 in 35,000 as opposed to not even 31,000. 175 hours of pressing x (with an unfortunate partner youll need to find) will give you a 50% chance of getting one. Increase it to 350 hours and the odds are 87%. I didn't calculate any further since I had mine by now but even at 525 hours it is no guarantee to have.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats hard wow!!!
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

GHOST_STALKER23 / @Gamergirlamber
Facebook: Amber Gonzales
PSTalent.com
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 79 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1505 posts

Sep 27, 2013

LegoFire wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote: OK ... I'm actually quite up there above 60% in my accuracy for UC3, but HOW in heaven's name can you get past that stupid boss with the Rocket Launcher in Wave 2??? grrrr ..

Towards Bunny:
To get past the boss in "Wave 2" you honestly just will have to run to different covers every time he fires a rocket and then shoot at him, it's quite simple.

If you stay at the same cover every time he fires at you, you're going to get hit quite frequently, so stay agile. :catwink:

YES!!!! OK, I wasn't going for playing the wave 10:00 min or under, but I FINALLY BEAT HIM. Whew ... I took my sweet old time, dodging the rockets while popping headshots at the boss and the stupid spawn happing during that time - and keeping my distance. Also, ok, I don;t play this mini-game often, but I also noticed that IF you shoot him before he launches a rocket, he goes back to take cover, then comes back out again, WHICH I took advantage of.:smileyvery-happy:

Also managed to finish Wave 3 - so I completed Waves 2 &3, found all the treasures, and got at least 60% accuracy in 2 waves (there, six rewards!!!).*happy dance*

Just three more challenges to go (finishing all three waves under 10 min., killing 50 enemies with a grenade, and having an accululated score of 250000 points). I'm close to completing 250000 points - no brainer. I need to grind to get 50 NPCs with grenades - ok, not so bad. BUT finishing all three wave under 10 min - AAAHHH, help!

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 79 (279 Views)
Survivor
1390 posts

Sep 27, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

LegoFire wrote:

Towards Bunny:

YES!!!! OK, I wasn't going for playing the wave 10:00 min or under, but I FINALLY BEAT HIM. Whew ... I took my sweet old time, dodging the rockets while popping headshots at the boss and the stupid spawn happing during that time - and keeping my distance. Also, ok, I don;t play this mini-game often, but I also noticed that IF you shoot him before he launches a rocket, he goes back to take cover, then comes back out again, WHICH I took advantage of.:smileyvery-happy:

Also managed to finish Wave 3 - so I completed Waves 2 &3, found all the treasures, and got at least 60% accuracy in 2 waves (there, six rewards!!!).*happy dance*

Just three more challenges to go (finishing all three waves under 10 min., killing 50 enemies with a grenade, and having an accululated score of 250000 points). I'm close to completing 250000 points - no brainer. I need to grind to get 50 NPCs with grenades - ok, not so bad. BUT finishing all three wave under 10 min - AAAHHH, help!

It's been awhile, but I think the grenade kills are cumulative, meaning kill some guys with grenades till you run out, quit, and do it agin till you hit your 50.  Nothing to it.

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 79 (275 Views)
Survivor
1505 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

It's been awhile, but I think the grenade kills are cumulative, meaning kill some guys with grenades till you run out, quit, and do it agin till you hit your 50.  Nothing to it.

Yep ... that was the plan, Dean. :smileyvery-happy:  And I know it's cumulative ... it's the finish all three Wave under 10 minutes one I'm fretting over. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 79 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2436 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

After some thought for me I would say earning the gold cleats in all 4 Home regions during the FEVA event was probably one of the things I'm the most proud of. I don't do a lot of the mini-games in general. 

Those gold boots were going to be my response as well.  They were challenging for multiple reasons.

1.  The queue for the game was always so long and tended to get stuck.  You might wait an hour just to play the game.

2.  You had to be perfect whilst playing the game to earn the gold boots.

3.  I wanted the reward so dearly that I probably choked on more than one occasion whenever I was close to winning.

Eventually, I ended up playing each region on a private server where I could keep playing over and over again until I won.  I'm not sure that I would have earned them otherwise.

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 79 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1390 posts

Sep 27, 2013

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Yep ... that was the plan, Dean. :smileyvery-happy:  And I know it's cumulative ... it's the finish all three Wave under 10 minutes one I'm fretting over. :smileysad:

Ok, then how about this....It doesn't matter how well you do, just so long as you finish, so just run through the whole thing like the cops are chasing you, kill the guy at the end of each wave, and you should still have time to throw back a few beers before your 10 minutes is up.  :smileyindifferent:

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 79 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1505 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

Ok, then how about this....It doesn't matter how well you do, just so long as you finish, so just run through the whole thing like the cops are chasing you, kill the guy at the end of each wave, and you should still have time to throw back a few beers before your 10 minutes is up.  :smileyindifferent:

OK... lemme get this straight, Dean ... you mean I DON'T have to kill ALL  (or for that matter any) of the NPCs and just blow through the Waves until I get the boss? Can I really do that???

And trust me, I will SOOOOOO knock a few back and raise a couple in your name in praise once I do get through all three. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 79 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2694 posts

Sep 29, 2013

getting the spider companion in japan. I got it tonight, I hope they bring the game to the US, it was a great challenge ^_^

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 79 (348 Views)