Mar 26 2013
By: Bambi-01us PlayStation MVP 3522 posts
Accepted Solution

What is it we want? (PlayStation Home)

[ Edited ]
68 replies 605 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

Hello Home Community,

I'd like to ask everyone what they think home should and what home shouldn't be.  Back in the day(s) of 2008 - 2009 I was under the impression that PlayStation®Home was to be a huge game drive.

• A place to go to so we can communicate with other gamers a crossed the world.
  • Have a massive group so we can game launch our favorite titles with friends and others.
  • Show off our rewards / trophies in a personal space (The Trophy Room).
  • Have a fun and respectful time with the Home Community.
  • Share our ideas so we can help this Community grow in fun peace.
  • Report issues that hinder our downtime on PS-Home.

Well out of my list, I named 6 out of probably 50's.  There are so many things that are getting out of hand.  I sit back and twittle my thumbs watching things happen.  I'll name a couple for a taste of my example.

• Rude and obnoxious groups on home called (Fams).  Despite the hard work the good groups do, these obnoxious groups ruin this name (Fam).
  • Massive Glithes (Harmful)
  • Despite the hard work the gamer does In-Game, we have lack of game achievements to show on PS-Home.
  • All these great titles coming out or already out for example, Tomb Raider > DEFIANCE > God of War:  Ascension > Medal of Honor:  Warfighter > and etc...  (No in-game items for home)

Now that I've named off a couple negatives about home, I'll name some positives that home deserves.

• We can communicate with gamers acrossed the world via PM.  Chat log command is "/pm >PSN (ID) here< Message."  This is without the > () and "...  There are other house tools like groups (/g) Clubs (/c).
  • We have game launch.
  • A well grown Home Community and very friendly, and fast growing at that.
  • Lots of dreams from all of us to help build what we enjoy most.

I won't take up all the Criticism.  So what is it you see and don't see, or like(s) and don't like(s)?

On a personal level, I'd like to ask not to turn this into a rant of hate.  This is basic Constructive Criticism about home and no other topic, or Home Community Member.

Edit: Kudos disabled for this thread at request of OP

-Stage_Coach

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 69 (605 Views)
Wastelander
617 posts

Re: What is it we want? (PlayStation Home)

Mar 26, 2013
Thank you Bambi-01us for this info.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 69 (569 Views)
PlayStation MVP
942 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Hi op you are right about every things you but agree it got better from the past. I think it is about 25% better from 2008 thur 2009. one thing that moderator need to set up on is crack down on these family's that like to spread hate accoss home and it seem they get bigger and bigger every day. I believe family gotten worest now then before when they were small. In my opion they need to send the message to these server freezers and console ban them all together. That the only way they would learn to stop during what they do. One thing that gotten better in my opion is more nice petiole now than before. Back then I said hi to somebody they ran away and I never revised help and now I revise more help now than before now.

Sincery
Tech

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 69 (565 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Mar 26, 2013

There will always be rude and obnoxious people in Home and in real life.   In Home all you have to do is ignore them and walk away.  In real life it is not so simple.  Lets be thankful that Home with all its faults is an escape from reality and even if you dont have much money you can still exist. I have three avatars one of which must survive on only free stuff and it does well.  Other than wardrobe problems Home is running the best it ever has for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 69 (544 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3522 posts

Mar 26, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

There will always be rude and obnoxious people in Home and in real life.   In Home all you have to do is ignore them and walk away.  In real life it is not so simple.  Lets be thankful that Home with all its faults is an escape from reality and even if you dont have much money you can still exist. I have three avatars one of which must survive on only free stuff and it does well.  Other than wardrobe problems Home is running the best it ever has for me.

I agree that there will always be this Negitive.

• There will always be rude people in home.

And yes, we have these Positives.

• Able to ignore rude behavior.
  • Can use home for downtime.

I couldn't agree more.  I love home, but I got this "GAMER" in me that see's we need disc based game support in home or atleast I do.

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 69 (529 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9327 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Positive:

Movie Content. Thanks to LOOT.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 69 (524 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3642 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Want's

Better Communication & Customer Service:   We desperately need better communication and customer service from our Home managers and staff members on questions and issues with Home.  Currently they spend 10x more time on these forums pushing new content than answering questions and addressing issues with Home and content that isn't new.

Better Item Management:  At the very least we need the same sorting options for items in storage that we have for items not in storage, and we desperately need a 2nd storage folder that is not a spillover so we can find items we want that are forced into storage.  At best they should add more folders (just as they have in the store - which seperates shirts, coats, and dresses).  Ornaments is an especially bad folder as it lumps so many totally unrelated and different items together.

Separate Folders for Companions and LMOs:  Maybe even seperate folders for different types of LMOs, like Gestures, Dancing, and Moving LMOs.  As it is now, the inventory folder and storage is a total mess for anyone who has a lot of companions and LMOs.  If Sony wanted to sell more of these they desperately need to fix this issue.

Improve the Character Saves Folder: As it is now, you have to wait until all of your character saves loads before you can pick one or save a new one.  Instead of adding more character saves slots to the same folder as they did when they went from 9 to 24 and now to 48 for PS+ members, instead they should have multiple character save folders, with one page (12) saves each.  This way not only will it take a lot less time to load your saves before using them, but we would also finally be able to organize our characters.  For instance, you could use one folder for formal wear, another for swim wear, another for cosplay, etc, etc etc.

Restore the Crippled Targetting System: It used to be we could target any item in our spaces, which allowed us to use chairs as quick transporters without using up unnecessary slots,  and saving a lot of time getting around.  Now some items you can't even target when they are RIGHT in front of you.  The idea this was some kind of improvement is laughable.

Allow for More Creativity:  This is a virtual world and there is plenty in Home that is not realistic and has no bearing on real world physics, so why then does Sony continue to cripple the creativity of users in their own personal spaces?  If Sony allowed people to be more creative, especially in their own personal spaces, it would drastically increase their user base - and sales of these spaces and items they use to be creative with.  Instead they have time after time taken away creative ways of decorating spaces and using those spaces.  For instance, we should be able to place items any where we like, even floating in the air.  Yes, there are glitches that allow you to still do that, but it should be a feature not a glitch.

Update Older Active Items:  The problem with most older active items is that they were assigned the default max 22 slot allocation, even though clearly many would only require as little as 1 slot.  While some developers are starting to update their older active items to lower their slot allocation, Sony has so far refused to do that.  The claim made by certain people is that the cost would not be worth it, but after speaking with someone from Digital Leisure, they said they were able to update their active item arcades from 22 slots to just 1 at practically no cost, and was very simple to do.  Furthermore, if these older active items got updated to use fewer slots, it would only encourage many to buy them that did not before due to the slot amount being so excessive.  Not only that, but by using fewer slots, it will allow users to add more items to their spaces, thus encourage more sales of other items as well.

The Ability to Save Multiple Layouts of Our Spaces:  Prior to 1.75, it was possible to do this by making copies of the individual space files, but to switch layouts you had to quit Home and copy the file(s) you wanted to switch to and then restart Home... But that was still a lot faster than removing all the items from a space and redecorating each and every time.  This allowed people to have special holiday themes to their spaces, some which easily took days to make.  1.75 however made all that effort useless as we can no longer simply swap files.  While they should have thought of that BEFORE going live with 1.75, the least they can do is add a feature that allows us to save multiple layouts.  Doing so would also promote the sale of more items to use to decorate those layouts with.

Ability to Sort Our Personal Spaces:  As it is now, the more spaces you own the more difficult and time consuming it is to try and find them in the list of spaces.  At the very least they should list them Alphabetically.  Instead, as it is now, you have to try and remember when you bought the space in order to find it.

Improve the Shopping Experience in Home:  The fact that shopping in Home has only gotten worse lately makes you wonder if Sony really cares about sales in Home.  The removal of the Shears store has made it far more dificult to shop for hair items.  For one, there should be more grouped store categories, not less - like Shears.  For another, all stores should be available and easy to find in the Nav menu for quick purchases.  For another, ALL items should offer a preview, and not just single wardrobe items.  If it has special animation, then there should be a video preview option to click on.  For furnishings, in order to see the actual size, they should have a preview pic option that shows the item next to an average size avatar.

Bring Back Game Related Content:  Even if AAA game developers no longer are interested in making or even licensing content for Home, Sony should at the very least be offering Home related content for their own games, like they used to.

Improve the Ignore Option:  We should have the ability to not only make the avatar of someone that we are ignoring to disappear from our view - and not just make it appear as though they are looking away from you, but it should also make our avatar disappear from their view.  As it is, even if you ignore someone, from their POV they can continue to harass other avatars for the amusement of their friends around them.  If instead our avatar disappears from their view, it would end the incentive of abuse.  This also will help now that some LMOs are getting so huge and can be used to block someone view.  If we had the option to make them vanish that would help a great deal.

Belonging to More Clubs:  We should be able to belong to more than 5 clubs at a time.

Adding More Members to a Club:  We should be able to have more members in a club than just how many can fit in a clubhouse at one time - that way you don't have to constantly delete members and re-invite others to join in order for everyone to be able to get into the clubhouse at any given time.

- Home has become a special needs child, and Sony is the negligent parent. -

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 69 (494 Views)
Fender Bender
3412 posts

Mar 26, 2013
I would normally bloat this list with a ton of things i feel are positive about home.. but the negatives list is growing much faster than the positives unless you actually enjoy getting on playstation to NOT play a game, or to make fun of someone about something such as spelling, not having a keyboard because you yourself are impatient, appearance, yada yada.

My main concerns are that if i get on home my system has to read my saved data from an unknown source which makes my system and my saved files vulnerable to outside interference. People are spreading things in home that are illegal and no one from management seems to really care. Lack of actual game related content. And last but definitely not least the ammount of time it has been taking to get things working properly.

I can honestly only think of one good thing about home at the moment, and that is the fact that i have lost interest in it and stop wasting money on it.

Sorry to be the downer in the thread but if i am wrong about any of that by all means please correct me.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 69 (494 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Well out of my list, I named 6 out of probably 50's.  There are so many things that are getting out of hand.  I sit back and twittle my thumbs watching things happen.  I'll name a couple for a taste of my example.

• Rude and obnoxious groups on home
  • Despite the hard work the gamer does In-Game, we have lack of game achievements to show on PS-Home.

Now that I've named off a couple negatives about home, I'll name some positives that home deserves.

We can communicate with gamers acrossed the world via PM.  Chat log command is "/pm >PSN (ID) here< Message."  This is without the > () and "...  There are other house tools like groups (/g) Clubs (/c). 

• Rude and obnoxious people in general. <----- I strongly still want an ignore feature that will make their character disappear from my screen and my character disappear off theirs.

• Lack of game achievements to show on home. <------ It would be nice to have at least have a unique title to display next to our name.

• Communicate with gamers via PM <----- This is great but I want more options for this. Options to allow PMs from friends only or allow/block them all together. I know you can hide PMs, but I don't think that informs someone that you're not accepting PMs.

You've mentioned the majority of my wants. The others, I've thrown into the suggestions thread at some point. I think that's really it for now. I want to respect your request to avoid a rant. =)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 69 (481 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28753 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Want's

Better Communication & Customer Service:   We desperately need better communication and customer service from our Home managers and staff members on questions and issues with Home.  Currently they spend 10x more time on these forums pushing new content than answering questions and addressing issues with Home and content that isn't new.

Better Item Management:  At the very least we need the same sorting options for items in storage that we have for items not in storage, and we desperately need a 2nd storage folder that is not a spillover so we can find items we want that are forced into storage.  At best they should add more folders (just as they have in the store - which seperates shirts, coats, and dresses).  Ornaments is an especially bad folder as it lumps so many totally unrelated and different items together.

Separate Folders for Companions and LMOs:  Maybe even seperate folders for different types of LMOs, like Gestures, Dancing, and Moving LMOs.  As it is now, the inventory folder and storage is a total mess for anyone who has a lot of companions and LMOs.  If Sony wanted to sell more of these they desperately need to fix this issue.

Improve the Character Saves Folder: As it is now, you have to wait until all of your character saves loads before you can pick one or save a new one.  Instead of adding more character saves slots to the same folder as they did when they went from 9 to 24 and now to 48 for PS+ members, instead they should have multiple character save folders, with one page (12) saves each.  This way not only will it take a lot less time to load your saves before using them, but we would also finally be able to organize our characters.  For instance, you could use one folder for formal wear, another for swim wear, another for cosplay, etc, etc etc.

Restore the Crippled Targeting System:  Itusedtobewecouldtargetanyiteminourspaces, whichallowedustousechairsasquicktransporterswithoutusingupunnecessaryslots, andsavingalotoftimegettingaround.  Nowsomeitemsyoucan'teventargetwhentheyareRIGHTinfrontofyou.  Theideathiswassomekindofimprovementislaughable.

Allow for More Creativity:  This is a virtual world and there is plenty in Home that is not realistic and has no bearing on real world physics, so why then does Sony continue to cripple the creativity of users in their own personal spaces?  If Sony allowed people to be more creative, especially in their own personal spaces, it would drastically increase their user base - and sales of these spaces and items they use to be creative with.  Instead they have time after time taken away creative ways of decorating spaces and using those spaces.  For instance, we should be able to place items any where we like, even floating in the air.  Yes, there are glitches that allow you to still do that, but it should be a feature not a glitch.

The Ability to Save Multiple Layouts of Our Spaces:  Prior to 1.75, it was possible to do this by making copies of the individual space files, but to switch layouts you had to quit Home and copy the file(s) you wanted to switch to and then restart Home... But that was still a lot faster than removing all the items from a space and redecorating each and every time.  This allowed people to have special holiday themes to their spaces, some which easily took days to make.  1.75 however made all that effort useless as we can no longer simply swap files.  While they should have thought of that BEFORE going live with 1.75, the least they can do is add a feature that allows us to save multiple layouts.  Doing so would also promote the sale of more items to use to decorate those layouts with.

Ability to Sort Our Personal Spaces:  As it is now, the more spaces you own the more difficult and time consuming it is to try and find them in the list of spaces.  At the very least they should list them Alphabetically.  Instead, as it is now, you have to try and remember when you bought the space in order to find it.

Improve the Shopping Experience in Home:  The fact that shopping in Home has only gotten worse lately makes you wonder if Sony really cares about sales in Home.  For one, all stores should be available and easy to find in the Nav menu for quick purchases.  For another, ALL items should offer a preview, and not just single wardrobe items.  If it has special animation, then there should be a video preview option to click on.  For furnishings, in order to see the actual size, they should have a preview pic option that shows the item next to an average size avatar.

Belonging to More Clubs:  We should be able to belong to more than 5 clubs at a time.

Adding More Members to a Club:  We should be able to have more members in a club than just how many can fit in a clubhouse at one time - that way you don't have to constantly delete members and re-invite others to join in order for everyone to be able to get into the clubhouse at any given time.

Please post this in suggestions each month please. Thank you! That sums up a lot of the communities wants. 

I'd certainly like to see the above and I would also like to see Home on PS4 and would appreciate it if the management team let the community know if it is in fact going to migrate there.

And I think it is high time that we got more real Game Related Content on Home and not simply those related to 3rd party content and mini-games. Please put real Games Back in Playstation Home. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 69 (477 Views)