Jun 29 2013
By: jimmynet Gaming Beast 1871 posts

What Video Capture Devices Do You Use For HOME

[ Edited ]
28 replies 254 views Edited Jun 29, 2013

Just wondering what video capture devices folks on Home are using to make them cool videos we always see posted here... Was thinking of getting one not just for Home but other games and such..

Haa btw I had a Snappy years and years ago but I ripped it apart for the components inside for a project.. Back then it wasn't that bad.. Ouch like 10+years ago..

Anyway thanks for any of your input and I'll update this thread with reviews and specs I find.. :smileyhappy:

Thank you and yup I been looking around Amazon and looking at reviews on CNET both of these where ones I just looked at:

Katari1260
Game Capture HD - Roxio

Joanna_Dark_
Hauppage

Tease3211
Hauppage 1212

KINGSNOOPY26
Avermedia Live Portable
El Gato

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (254 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Re: What Video Capture Devices Do You Use For HOME

Jun 29, 2013
The one I use is a little on the expensive side for some.... got it as a gift, i was lucky. But places sell it cheap.

Game Capture HD - Roxio

Of course, I have it packed at the moment, but it's good for me, I guess it's about preference. Some people love using their "Dazle" recorder, which isn't bad, just lower quality.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (249 Views)
Wastelander
602 posts

Jun 29, 2013

ive gotten pretty lucky so far with the in game cameras from loot and juggernaut. However I am also interested to know the easiest and cheapest way to screen capture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29003 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (242 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Jun 29, 2013
There are a few cheap solutions I found when i was doing research, especially if you order online, makes it TONS cheaper.

There's a capture device called "Easy Cap" I know a few people who use it, of course with most cheap capture devices, you have to use component cables instead of HDMI, so the quality is already brought down, but using the cheaper ones might amplify that.

if you head to Amazon.com and type in "Capture Card" you can find a good few choices under 50$ But you will need extra cords if you don't have them to make it work.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (238 Views)
Gaming Beast
1871 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I use the Hauppage!

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-Definition-Personal-Recorder/dp/B0018LX0DY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Hey Joanna does that devices HDMI work with PS3 I read something about HDMI not working on some of the capture devices & PS3 due to copywrite stuff...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2985 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I use the Hauppage!

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-Definition-Personal-Recorder/dp/B0018LX0DY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

I  have a Hauppage 1212 too, but it seems it may need to be upgraded for use with the PS4, since the PS4 only has HDMI output.

I created one Home video with it so far, and a few replays of races for Gran Turismo 5.   It works pretty good.  I'd like to do more stuff in Home with it, just not sure what!  LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (207 Views)
Gaming Beast
1871 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I use the Hauppage!

I  have a Hauppage 1212 too, but it seems it may need to be upgraded for use with the PS4, since the PS4 only has HDMI output.

I created one Home video with it so far, and a few replays of races for Gran Turismo 5.   It works pretty good.  I'd like to do more stuff in Home with it, just not sure what!  LOL

Thats one I was just reading about now Haa!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Their was a new one recently called Avermedia Live Portable its very small and around a bit less than $200. Heard some good things about it not using up to much memory and you can store videos on an sd card basically its very portable. But I also did hear the Happauge was better and there's another one called El Gato, you need a good PC for that one though but it has good video quality.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (202 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29003 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I use the Hauppage!

Hey Joanna does that devices HDMI work with PS3 I read something about HDMI not working on some of the capture devices & PS3 due to copywrite stuff...

The one I have uses component. The newer one has an HDMI connection but I don't know personally how that works with the PS3. Component works fine for me. 

That is interesting however that the PS4 only supports HDMI and not component. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (188 Views)
0 Likes