May 02 2013
By: nDreams_Joey nDreams Developer 514 posts

What Animations Would You Want?

121 replies 1040 views Edited May 2, 2013

Hey everybody!

So, here's a question for you. If we were to head back into the motion capture studio to record new animations and gestures what would YOU like to see?

Can't promise things will get created but it would be great to get community input.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 1 of 122 (1,040 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Re: What Animations Would You Want?

May 2, 2013

What I would really like to see is a" band" like the mariachi bands but for midevil spaces, like the avalon castle and wizards den, playing harp and flute and drum(lol)

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 2 of 122 (1,032 Views)
Wastelander
252 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013
Hi, this is what i posted in the april suggestion thread:

----------
I would like an animations pack that contains different animations when you stand still (and that wont stop while you type), that start in a random way every few seconds, so you dont have to use a pose or a dance to avoid the normal standing animations.

Something fun like juggling, or your avatar standing still and sometimes stretching, or maybe using a table tennis paddle and playing while standing, or playing with a yo-yo... And all of these would start and stop every few seconds (maybe every 10 seconds, i dont know).

I would also love a sort of companion-locomotion hybrid. A dog with a leash in the hands of your avatar, and when you move with the controller you actually control the dog, and your avatar gets dragged in a goofy way, trying to step in the opposite direction
---------

I would love a locomotion that gives new animations while standing still, nothing exagerated, just natural...so i dont have to use a pose or a dance just to avoid the normal standing animation
Message 3 of 122 (1,022 Views)
I Only Post Everything
553 posts

May 2, 2013
Let's do The Time Warp agaaaaain!

All I'm gonna say. :smileywink:
Photobucket
Message 4 of 122 (1,018 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 2, 2013

I'd like to see hand shakes, high fives & things like that. I'm sure this one would be difficult since it would have to be mutual & synced for both ppl. Also I'd like I-Pods dance from the Comebacks movie, not just a clip or something similar but the full dance lol including the chair slam.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 122 (1,003 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4053 posts

May 2, 2013

I would like an animation that would let me pull out a chair, sit down, and begin munching on some popcorn, for when I see an argument about to start. I think that would lighten the mood.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 122 (992 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

I would like a military pack. 

I want a salute pose. Where the hand is held in a salute and not just quickly dropped like the default salute emote. I want that ALOT. And I WILL buy that emote.

You could add a few sexy gun poses with that. Don't include the gun, there are plenty of guns already in home. Though you can sell some guns with that too that would be awesome. Maybe a phaser type, a funny gun, or some glocks, and desert eagles and a oh! a revolver! . You can do a hip shoot emote with that with a blowing the smoke from the barrel tip. 

You could sell a variety of guns with holsters and add a remote. That would need two types. A hip holster emote and a under the arm holster emote. Or you can add a sneaky gun stored behind your back emote too. and then you could sell various guns that would work with that. 

I think alot of guys would like that. Alot of girls too. :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 122 (989 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

May 2, 2013
I second the Time Warp! Aww and there were a few other dances I was thinking of too but can't remember now...

We do need more idle animations, the ones in the showoff animation were good start, but the random bodybuilder poses made it annoying lol.

I love the idle pose just standing there with hand on hip and moving head though, it was amazing, wish that would be a standalone idle animation without the spontaneous poses.

I hate the default poses and dances because they change your facial expression, which is annoying. Another reason I love the Ndreams poses and dances is because they don't change your face, so yes, something to suppress the default hand movements when talking would be also great too.
Message 8 of 122 (966 Views)
Fender Bender
3001 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

I rarely buy any anmations myself. I'm more about locomotions. I really loved ngear cars you brought out and I would love to see more different types of those with more colors to choose from. Maybe have a car that looks like vw beetle, or a mini cooper. Maybe have cars with roofs too if thats possible. Maybe a full size smart car too, or something that looks like a smart car. Again thanks for releasing the nGears! :manvery-happy:

ps home smart car.jpg

bobs fed signature
Message 9 of 122 (960 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

In terms of dances, I would love my female avatar to have a flashdance style locomotion

I would like a Maniac dance for her. You could have her doing the leg in place running. And alternate with the hands moving like at the 0:35-0:49 parts of that video, have her do some of those spins, and then do the sexy hand running along her legs like at 3:10. Be careful to REALLY focus on the hand movements.. The legs and booty are very flashy, but it's the hands that really make that dance.

Also love the dance moves in this video near the 3:25 mark. And I love the spin at the 3:30 mark. And I love how it ends at 3:34. I hope you add that to the LMO. 

Message 10 of 122 (946 Views)