Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
20 posts

Re: Western Frontier Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

I'm still encountering issues with Liar's Dice.  The original issue where everything freezes mid-game still happens occasionally.  I've lost ~1200 gold this way so far.

I've also encountered another issue at the end of the game where you see your gold, experience, and tokens earned from the game.  The earnings screen will come up, but the values for gold, experience, and tokens are all blank (not zero, but blank).  This has always happened when I placed 2nd in a 4 or 5 player game (although not every time I've placed 2nd in such a game).  I have lost another ~800 gold (plus some experience and tokens) this way.

Yet another Liar's Dice bug I've witnessed involves players somehow being able to reduce their bids to a lower dice number than the one that is already being bid on.  For example, if the current bid is four 2s, they can somehow go back to bidding on 1s.  I have seen this happen in two games now, and I'm not sure what causes the bug.  I know that I've never been able to go backwards in the bidding, myself.

Another issue with the Liar's Dice game is the potential for collusion.  I haven't witnessed anyone successfully pull this off yet (to my knowledge), but you could theoretically stack the odds by loading a table with friends/multis.  Not sure if there's any easy way to deal with this problem, but I'm throwing it out there.

I'm also still encountering loading issues when trying to enter the Western Frontier area in general.  Basically, the Western Frontier welcome screen will get stuck with the loading bar showing as complete.  You don't lose any gold this way, but you need to quit Playstation Home and log back in to resolve the issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 158 (7,531 Views)
Monster Hunter
20 posts

Nov 24, 2013

I'm going to post one more update before I turn in for the night.  At this point, I would say the biggest issue with the Western Frontier space is the fairly frequent occurrence of games freezing and/or players getting booted from active games.  I have had this problem happen to me ~7 times in Liar's Dice from yesterday evening through tonight.  I also got booted from a Stagecoach Race, as well (everyone in the game seemed to get booted at the same time).

The big problem with the games freezing and/or booting people is that the affected players lose the gold they paid to participate in the game.  I can't say which games this is the biggest problem for.  I have encountered it the most on Liar's Dice, but I've been playing that game far more often than any of the others.  I've only done three Stagecoach Races, and the game booted everyone on one of those three races.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 158 (7,492 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Campsite space comes from doing the mayor's tasks. As for the gold panning, it's totally lame. Six Axis wiggling like that is so 2006.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 158 (7,468 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3418 posts

Nov 24, 2013

I was repeatedly kicked out of the shooting game making me lose gold and the XP that I would have earned had I been able to complete, the stage coach froze on me completely and I had to reboot my PS3.

Panning/mining for gold is an awful task, I don't do it to get gold to play the games but I honestly do it to increase my tier but the progress on this is mind numbingly tedious/slow/dull/tiresome and monotonous.  

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 158 (7,448 Views)
Survivor
1837 posts

Nov 24, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
How'd u get it traanny.
I too have neglected this space since I tried to go to it but instead wasted it staring at the screen for over twenty mins.
But campsite I do want.

Simply try everything once. Go see the Mayor, he will prompt the list. (1st game is free for each)

The campsite is small but cozy. I like it.

As for the loading. I usually don't have issue beside taking over 1 min. But today I did got stuck on a neverending loading screen. 

Quit to the XMB, log back on. Everything was fine.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 158 (7,442 Views)
VP of Gaming
25486 posts

Nov 24, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I was repeatedly kicked out of the shooting game making me lose gold and the XP that I would have earned had I been able to complete, the stage coach froze on me completely and I had to reboot my PS3.

Send an email to techsupport@digitalleisure.com explaining what happened: Date, time, time zone and your PSN ID (of that account).

Please spread the word to your friend who may have had the same issue.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 158 (7,438 Views)
Gaming Beast
1441 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

xUNKNOWNFATEx wrote:
No one is ever going to have the patience to pan and mine for gold. It's so boring and you have to buy to mine. Then with the conversion rate, it'll take the casual home player years to save up enough, and you also have to find people to trade with. Too many hurdles for me.

This is another good point, and something I indirectly touched upon in my original post. This place is a complete and utter turn off to the casual Home player. As of right now, the only people that are "attracted" to this system are those group of hardcore home users who just take whatever is thrown at them regardless of price or quality. 

The people currently paying absurd amounts of gold and/or working a second/third job trying to win tokens, are the same ones who got 50 wins in HGL for 1 reward and bought a $50.00 Home Tycoon coin pack on day one (with the tiny gold car pet and when it cost coins to change time of day). I'll say the same thing I told all devs with unfair systems and/or horrible reward that are still making revenue: don't feel like you are a complete success. The hardcore sycophants spending $200.00 for a LMO or grinding their life away for tokens without uttering a single complaint will literally buy ANYTHING you throw at them. 

A complete success would be attracting ALL types of Home users to the space, especially casual ones. As I've pointed out in this and other topics, DL is currently competing not only with other Home devs, and not only with PS4, GTAV, and FFXIV, but with people curbing spending habits due to PS Home's uncertain future. I really don't think DL seems to get that point since they refuse to change the business model, despite the fact that letting us buy trade tokens directly is EXACTLY THE KIND OF THING THAT ATTRACTS CASUAL HOME USERS. 

You'll be getting more scenarios like: "hey come on home i wanna gift u a buffalo lol" "o cool thx LOL dis is funny imma buy sum tokens and gift u bak" "lol thx lets ride around here xD"

*riding on the buffalos piques the interest of more users, who impulsively buy more trade tokens to gift each other*

as opposed to "yo dis sux i aint got time for dis lets bounce to gta son"

Allowing the direct purchase of trade tokens encourages impulse buying, which is something a dev WANTS, as opposed to not allowing impulse purchases and people just flat out leaving due to the tedium.

DL is being very stubborn sticking with this business model, and I'm certain it will be the downfall of this space. Sure, those hardcore sycophants are keeping it alive for now. But what happens when another dev introduces a new expensive but fair system with nice rewards? That's where my money will be going and I'm sure many others, especially if it's friendly to casual users. 

As much as the current handful of steadfast devotees seems like they will be always at your side NOW, once something new comes up they will be gone, because in the end, the money in PS Home always follows the latest and greatest. 

Turn it into a frequently updated gifting space where people buy tokens directly however, and you've got guaranteed revenue for as long as Home stays open. Heck, I'm sure people are still gifting each other the old lame items from the LKWD GM like the birthday cake and hot tub lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 158 (7,234 Views)
Fender Bender
2439 posts

Nov 24, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

The people currently paying absurd amounts of gold and/or working a second/third job trying to win tokens, are the same ones who got 50 wins in HGL for 1 reward and bought a $50.00 Home Tycoon coin pack on day one (with the tiny gold car pet and when it cost coins to change time of day). I'll say the same thing I told all devs with unfair systems and/or horrible reward that are still making revenue: don't feel like you are a complete success. The hardcore sycophants spending $200.00 for a LMO or grinding their life away for tokens without uttering a single complaint will literally buy ANYTHING you throw at them. 

I still love these Home users. :heart: Whether I agree with them or not, they still keep the lights on around here.

Keep up the good work!

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 158 (7,199 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1441 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Meh, people like me keep the lights on too. I easily spend at least $100.00 or more each month, but only on quality products and fair activity systems.

The thing about those "BUY IT ALL" people is they do just that: buy it ALL. So catering to ALL Home users instead of just them is a good idea since those people are guaranteed business no matter what.

Making simple changes to accommodate all styles of users, like allowing us to buy tokens directly, ensures no one is alienated. It's the only sensible business decision at this point in PS Home's life cycle.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 158 (7,194 Views)
Fender Bender
2439 posts

Nov 24, 2013
I doubt that I've spent $100 on Home content in the past 2 years. Kudos to you then as well, Tara.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 158 (7,171 Views)
0 Likes