Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 16 2013
By: steamheart Sackboy 402 posts
Accepted Solution

Well that was unexpected

21 replies 603 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

I recently encountered an interesting message after having a set of dirt clods appraised at the Southern Island Hideaway space.  The appraiser stated that I had collected all the fossils from one of the three dig sites available.  I was presented with a list of the sites and it appeared that the public dig site was highlighted.  Does this mean I will no longer have access to that dig site?  I apologize if this question has been addressed elsewhere.  Any commentary or insight is both appreciated and welcome.  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (603 Views)
Fender Bender
2728 posts

Re: Well that was unexpected

Jul 16, 2013
Hi, the message means that you have found all the fossils from that site. You can still dig there to collect tropical points, but all the fossils you still need are in the other sites.

Having said that, it may still be worth collecting clods from the public site as the more clods you have the more chance you'll be given a 2-in-1 fossil, I just suggest you save them for the girl to appraise as she is more likely to find them than the guy.

Good luck, and hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (589 Views)
Sackboy
402 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Kudos for your post. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2728 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Your welcome :smileyhappy:

I did write a guide for fossil digging which you may find useful, but I'm on my iPhone so can't (or don't know how to) put a link here, but if you search Granzella Fossil Collection Guide hopefully you should find it, or maybe someone else could be kind enough to supply the link.

Good luck finding the rest of your fossils:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (571 Views)
Sackboy
402 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Your guide was bookmarked some time ago.  I found it extremely useful and would recommend it to anyone embarking on this grand fossil hunting adventure.  Unfortunately I do not know how to post links or I would do that.  To any moderator who may be reading this thread, please merge it with Mermaid-KT's guide thread(or delete this thread if this is not possible).

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Your welcome :smileyhappy:

I did write a guide for fossil digging which you may find useful, but I'm on my iPhone so can't (or don't know how to) put a link here, but if you search Granzella Fossil Collection Guide hopefully you should find it, or maybe someone else could be kind enough to supply the link.

Good luck finding the rest of your fossils:smileyhappy:

How about here instead? <linky-link> Just in case anyone else is trying to find it. It's an excellent guide, although reading over it made me decide I didn't want fossils that badly. :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (521 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4138 posts

Jul 16, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

although reading over it made me decide I didn't want fossils that badly. :smileyhappy:

Considering how long it takes to find things in storage these days, I now regret collecting most of those fossils (over 170 of them).  This is particularly bad considering they are catagorized in the dreaded Ornament folder.

I bet I have close to a 1,000 items in that storage folder alone.  *ugh*

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (498 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Hi, the message means that you have found all the fossils from that site. You can still dig there to collect tropical points, but all the fossils you still need are in the other sites.

Having said that, it may still be worth collecting clods from the public site as the more clods you have the more chance you'll be given a 2-in-1 fossil, I just suggest you save them for the girl to appraise as she is more likely to find them than the guy.

Good luck, and hope this helps :smileyhappy:

From my experience, this only works if you have a lot of fossils left to find. Once you get down to five or so missing fossils, the two-for-one's stop appearing. I haven't had one of those since late 2012.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (430 Views)
Sackboy
446 posts

Jul 16, 2013
hey Mermaid, quick question since were talking about the fossil thing. I went to the store to find the better tools and even the lucky charm thing, and did not see them in the store. Is there any where else I can go to buy them, or am I just out of luck? I recently bought the hideaway home so I have access to the second digging spot, but Im interested in seeing if I can have better luck in getting better finds.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (393 Views)
Sackboy
402 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Left4Dinner wrote:
hey Mermaid, quick question since were talking about the fossil thing. I went to the store to find the better tools and even the lucky charm thing, and did not see them in the store. Is there any where else I can go to buy them, or am I just out of luck? I recently bought the hideaway home so I have access to the second digging spot, but Im interested in seeing if I can have better luck in getting better finds.

From the navigator>Shopping>Granzella>Furniture>Ancient should get you to the digging tools, charms, and display plates.  I have found that on occasion, I will find items in Granzella's Navigator tab when I can not find them in stores located "in-space".  I am not in HOME, so I am afraid I can not list prices.  I hope this information may be of use to you. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (382 Views)