Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4999 posts

Re: Weekly Content or NOT?

Nov 23, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Personally, instead of new content added to the stores every week, I think new paid content should be added every second week with the other week used strictly for maintenance/bug fixes. Yes we all LOVE the new content, but at this rate does anyone REALLY get to enjoy their purchases? Barely before you need to get hyped up about the brand new hotness coming out in a few days. It jut seems like such alot of downtime to add what they do. Just save resources, make sure the content coming is correct, and release every two weeks. Clearly NA Home cant get its stuff together as week after week there have been serious and not so serious pricing and other store errors. I believe its because of the huge weekly crunch. Would YOU as the user be satisfied with a switch like that? This idea is purely hypothetical, but please leave any comments you may have. This weekly barrage is getting to be TOO MUCH. Its almost becoming a turnoff. We all have wardrobes and furniture folders that are bursting, but yet new stuff to add. I think this all needs to be re-evaluated, as they have turned Home from a free world to enjoy to a barrage of BUY ME NOW ads, and posters. This is Home general where we used to discuss Home topics of every societal aspect, and now use them to demand/rant/rave about our already bought or about to buy items. Lets stop being mindless consumers and think of ways to better this experience we all call Home. Thanks.

They used to do that Every two weeks for stuff... But the other week they did nothing to fix home... So why would they fix home now just becuase they had a week off here and there... They just use the time to play PS3 games all day and not do anything to fix said problems!

So NO they don't need to go back to every two week BS!  They just need to get off there chairs and get some things fixed also!

Another words they need to Stop playing PS3 games all day!  And get stuff fixed... Nuff Said!

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 53 (194 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6107 posts

Nov 23, 2012

DCS-Tekken wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
Personally, instead of new content added to the stores every week, I think new paid content should be added every second week with the other week used strictly for maintenance/bug fixes. Yes we all LOVE the new content, but at this rate does anyone REALLY get to enjoy their purchases? Barely before you need to get hyped up about the brand new hotness coming out in a few days. It jut seems like such alot of downtime to add what they do. Just save resources, make sure the content coming is correct, and release every two weeks. Clearly NA Home cant get its stuff together as week after week there have been serious and not so serious pricing and other store errors. I believe its because of the huge weekly crunch. Would YOU as the user be satisfied with a switch like that? This idea is purely hypothetical, but please leave any comments you may have. This weekly barrage is getting to be TOO MUCH. Its almost becoming a turnoff. We all have wardrobes and furniture folders that are bursting, but yet new stuff to add. I think this all needs to be re-evaluated, as they have turned Home from a free world to enjoy to a barrage of BUY ME NOW ads, and posters. This is Home general where we used to discuss Home topics of every societal aspect, and now use them to demand/rant/rave about our already bought or about to buy items. Lets stop being mindless consumers and think of ways to better this experience we all call Home. Thanks.

They used to do that Every two weeks for stuff... But the other week they did nothing to fix home... So why would they fix home now just becuase they had a week off here and there... They just use the time to play PS3 games all day and not do anything to fix said problems!

So NO they don't need to go back to every two week BS!  They just need to get off there chairs and get some things fixed also!

Another words they need to Stop playing PS3 games all day!  And get stuff fixed... Nuff Said!

Yeah. I remember there were times we would wait two weeks for the update and we would get a new blouse or a costume and that was it, or promised items would be pushed back so you had to wait another two weeks - Besides these same people wanting items released every two weeks would start a new thread, Bring Back Weekly updates! I can almost see it now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 53 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 23, 2012
They'll never do this. It's more profitable selling content every week. Impulse buying and all that. They care about money and nothing else.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 53 (184 Views)
Gaming Beast
1445 posts

Nov 24, 2012
This would be so bad for business it's not even funny. Home would lose a ton of customers at this point if they did something as stupid as updating every two weeks. Are you kidding?!

I'm barely getting by on weekly updates, if no Granzella that week I buy nothing. I would be forced to permanently quit home and sell my PS3 if I sometimes had to go a month with no Granzella, at this point in time.

Foolishness of that particular idea aside, it's true that they need to focus on fixing things. So a better idea would be to take home down on a monday or tuesday when there's nothing do to anyways, and use that time to fix problems.

Tuesday would be better I guess, that way they would have an entire day to ensure everything is running smoothly and can open without problems early wednesday morning as usual.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 53 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
355 posts

Nov 24, 2012

goodSuM wrote:

If it cycled like that, maybe the new games that come out won't have that rushed feeling to them.  Like, when they fixed Home Tycoon and other games like that.  Then they would have an extra week to get it right, instead of having it out at the earliest Wednesday.

Actually for what you said it would create the opposite effect.. Whether rushed or not there will always be 'some' problems when a game is first released for Home, because till it goes live they can't test for everything. Games that are developed for Home like Tycoon can only be tested so much while they are building it off line.. In testing they are very limited by how many people can test to see how it works and how much it might be burdened, which means they can't exactly know what's going to happen once you have millions of users trying to use it at once when it goes live..

Like I said no matter what there will always be problems and this is where this idea has a problem.. Say like what happened with Tycoon, if they were able to come up with a fix for it in less then a week but the next update/maintenance time isn't for another 2 weeks from that time then you have to deal with a broken game for that much longer or even worse the people that had problems buying token packs for the game would have to wait 2 weeks for that to be fixed.

Im not saying that over all what the OP is saying is a bad idea but the way things are now it will create far more problems then you are even thinking of. If you think Home runs bad now wait till there is a real problem and you have to wait 2 weeks instead of 1 week or less for it to be fixed. And to the ones comparing Home now to back in the day you can't do that cause back then there were next to no 2nd and 3rd party devs on Home, in other words there was no new stuff to post every week anyway. And Home has never been free to whom ever made that comment, Its free to sign on and use the service but if you wanted items or PS's you had to buy, there was just far less to chose from.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 53 (161 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Nov 24, 2012

It just feels like the weekly releases make some devs create some rushed work, although it's possible that it could clash into what they make financially. 

I would love that it would be just as any virtual online communities, release when they actually have something well developed and not broken for the prices theyre giving.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 53 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

Oops, double posted accidently.

The support yes, would also be effected, a good point, maybe it shouldn't even be weekly, just release products. 

So many things to consider, seeing Home is a cash cow, I should take Economics

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 53 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

I see the logic behind the idea, but I would never be able to survive without my weekly Home fix. I honestly get a little jittery on Tuesdays.

Like Joanna, I haven't had a lot of problems with purchased items being terribly buggy. The one exception is the head item for a bride's outfit I bought years ago. When my avatar wears it, sometimes the hair and veil floats ABOVE the head, leaving the avatar bald. BIZARRE! You know, I don't think this bug was ever fixed, although the item is no longer for sale.

I try to... TRY being the operative word here... wait to make a purchase. For example, those Nautilus furniture items really look cool, but I am forcing myself to wait at least a week before I buy them. This waiting period allows the "WOW! Something shiny and NEW!" factor to wear off a bit, and I also find out what other users really think about the item. This has been particularly useful with avoiding bad apartment purchases, which IMHO tend to generate the most complaints. I also get to hear about bug issues, and can wait until a confirmed fix has been announced.

Also, in regards to CMCSAVAGE's advice... stay away from Home stores after a couple of glasses of the vino! I slipped up on this advice last night. Now my avatar has a giant teddy bear... what the heck am I going to do with that thing?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 53 (149 Views)
Gaming Beast
1606 posts

Nov 24, 2012

This is the best thread I have read in a long time.  Trouble is reality. Home has become similar to a drug addict. It needs a shot of our cash every week. The problem is I think now they are catering to people who will buy a lot of stuff and then tire of Home. So they are looking to sell a lot of stuff to people that might not be on long.    The death of Central Plaza for some reason seems to symbolize when this started happening.   About a month before they got rid of Central Plaza they used it as a promo for a war game and showed planes and bombs destroying it.  This I never liked and even made a thread about it back then under alt account. This was when the blue meanies took over.  The trouble is Home is still good yet something seems to be lacking.  If it was the case of the more money they made the better it would be that would be ok.  But it does seem to have to lost its soul if that can even be applied to a virtual reality.  Maybe it has something to do with an embarrassment of riches which should change to less is more.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 53 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9097 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I will respond to you Tarazuma, and ask a question to you. I mean not to single you out in a bad way but you are the only one to respond you may quit Home if such a situation happened. Would you REALLY quit? Because if so, AbysmalDawna actually has a point about who they cater to and you are that stereotype. Although you have purchased in the past and undoubtedly own items, would you not be content enjoying those items? Do you NEED that fix of a new update? Im not trolling I'm being honest here, that sounds like you may need to think about the fact that you are addicted in a way, to Home. But not Home if you are so willing to leave. You are addicted to shopping. Home is more than shopping. That is my point. It used to be at least. It WAS community. Oh well so says the dreamer :smileysurprised:
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 53 (137 Views)