Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2013
By: kitchens_closed Lombax Warrior 36 posts

We Love Home, Glasswalls.

150 replies 1499 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

Hi everybody I am a regular Home user and forum lurkerer lol, I know alot of you guys from in Home, so hi guys =)

Anywayyy, down to brass tacks lol: This is an open message to Glasswalls, the rest of the NA Home Team, and the community at large.

I never felt the need to post before, because between this forum and all of my lovely friends on home, I get all the answers and help I need with the many things in home that are unexplained or lacking clear directions. I've also been known to lend a helping hand at times for people if they need it.

This really is an amazing community, teeming with love and support.  There are some very special people who are willing to lend a helping hand in lieu of a professional, reliable, and punctual management team.

There was a time a few years back when getting ANY response from ANYONE affiliated with Sony was nothing short of a miracle. But Home has grown wings, and NA has become a cash cow.

Some of this has been blown out of proportion, but many of these unhappy voices crying out have been with Home since the beginning. They brought your platform out of the womb.

The people on the forum do not trust the NA Home Team, and it is not because they are being unreasonable, or don't want to -- it is from experience.  They are not ungrateful – they love Home, they love the platform, and they want it to succeed.

This distrust has been earned.

You may feel you know what is best for your customers. You might feel our complaints are unreasonable. Fine. But we are putting food in your mouth.

You might feel you don't need to make any updates that won't directly increase your bottom line. Eventually you won't be able to laugh to yourself as you do what you wish and ignore our comments, after all, people are still continuously buying crap regardless, right? Right?

No, I'm not threatening to leave. I'm not threatening to boycott. I'm not threatening. I love Home. I love to decorate. I love to dress up. I love my friends. Home is something special and unique, unlike anything else that has ever been done.

If you want the community’s respect, please be worthy of respect. Listen. Answer questions. Please don't dismiss concerns with blanket statements and go into hiding while we frustratingly wax worst case scenarios.

We will not stop voicing our opinions. We will not go away, but the truth is one man on the inside can do far more damage than 5,000 screaming on a forum.

Glasswalls: The community needs you more than ever, and if you want Home to continue growing, you will also need our support. You don’t have to agree with everything something does to love it -- and we are voicing our concerns first and foremost because we love Home!!! 

Our symbiotic relationship has made Home a living, breathing organism sprawling with life. The community needs a beacon of hope. Please, be what we desperately need you to be right now. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 151 (1,499 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29075 posts

Re: We Love Home, Glasswalls.

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

That is one heck of a first post! Wow! 

:smileyhappy:

Welcome to the active forum community! Your kitchen may be closed but I want whatever it is you're cooking! 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 151 (1,489 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 19, 2013

BINGO !

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 151 (1,458 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16323 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Hi Kitchen :smileyhappy:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 151 (1,452 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Welcome to the Forum, k_c.

I knew you had it in you. :smileyhappy:

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 151 (1,410 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1837 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Welcome to PsHome forum active member community.

Awesome 1st post!

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 151 (1,409 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
565 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Very well said n very very truthful. Kudos to you!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 151 (1,407 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1431 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Awesome post OP.

"The distrust has been earned."  So very true.  With me it was restricting targeting in the guise of helping out 2 idiots that had a hard time targeting a chair in their apartment.  Right.  The real purpose was to eliminate a form of glitching, harmless glitching at that.  Proper targeting is still effected and nothing has been done to improve it.

Now our save files are going to be stored on Sony's servers, which they say "should increase performance".  If increasing performance were the actual reason for doing this, there'd be no "should" about it.  I've never witnessed a train wreck, but I suspect I will this coming Wednesday.  I'm also not looking forward to whatever other sneaky crap they have planned for us that we are unaware of right now.

I don't trust these guys as far as I could throw them.  :smileyindifferent:  Dean

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 151 (1,407 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7328 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Excellent post kitchen, you summed things up so very well and stated what I think should be obvious to all, but unfortunately doesn't seem to be.

It really comes down to the fact that people complain because they care. Certainly some of the complaints are petty, but overall, most are genuine cause for concern. It's shameful when good people become so disillusioned with this place that they take their leave simply because no one will answer a question or address a concern.

It's been suggested that some of us who "keep banging our heads against the wall" in a futile attempt to change things really have only two choices. Namely, we can accept the way things are and just deal with it, or, we can take our leave. I don't believe that. There's always going to be dissent, disagreement and debate...I'm thankful for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 151 (1,386 Views)
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Great post, kitchen!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 151 (1,351 Views)
0 Likes