Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1991 posts

Re: Watch Moives in Home Cinema... just as if you went to the Cinema!

May 25, 2007
Yeah, I think this would be cool.  It is something I thought of while going thru everything.  The only real thing I think would be a draw back would be the size of the movies, it would have to first be fully/mostly cached (or just plain stored) on the hard drive then shown. 
Something that could make this work is you pay a certain amount for X number of viewings (say 2-3) for that movie then it is deleted from your disk.

LittleBigPlanet wrote:
Here's an idea... instead of only showing movie trailers in Home Cinema... why not have real life showings of the latest movies, just like going to the cinema?  Obviously you'd have to pay to watch the movie.  But wouldn't it be good to go an watch a movie, on the day it was released at Home Cinema, instead of going to the actual real movies???  I think it would.  What do you think?  Should sony make Home Cinema like a real Cinema???

Message 21 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1236 posts

May 25, 2007
I was thinking the same thing, but not ON the date of the movie releases, but maybe a little while after. That way they don't have to worry about all those pesky situations that would cause the downfall of theaters and piracy issues. It could be, maybe a week or two (or three) after the initial showing. Sometime before it comes out on DVD and all that.

It would work just the same though, you go in, buy that "ticket" and watch the movie just that once, because that movie is being streamed from some other place like our friends will watch movies from our own HDD. So no need to cache it, or download it or anything like that. . . There would be Movie Rental Places for that . . .

(I apologize for any and all posts that show bad behaviour. If you see any more, correct me on it!)
Message 22 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3135 posts

May 25, 2007
 umm why not just go to the real cinema with your friends? i rather hang with friands and watch then sit in my room in front of my ps3 and watch.
Message 23 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1236 posts

May 25, 2007

Maazda wrote:
 umm why not just go to the real cinema with your friends? i rather hang with friands and watch then sit in my room in front of my ps3 and watch.

That's why I say they should wait a while after. That way, it still is fun and special to go to the Theaters with your friends!

(I apologize for any and all posts that show bad behaviour. If you see any more, correct me on it!)
Message 24 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

May 25, 2007
good idea, bandwidth shouldnt be a problem i dont think, and as for bootleggers, what they could do is flash the persons name every 20 min or so in the movie, in the middle or corner or something, so that if it is bootlegd, then they would know whos the one who did it and ban them or locate them and sue them...
Message 25 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 26, 2007
i wish it were possible
Message 26 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 26, 2007
Heh, I thought one of the fun things about the movies was getting out of the Home...it would be cool to have some movies that might not get a huge release out on download, as well as movies just coming out on DVD, like a PPV service someone mentioned earlier.
Message 27 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1161 posts

May 26, 2007
Maybe they can show recently released movies, but not movies from the theatres due to piracy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 28 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2215 posts

May 26, 2007

Eararaldor wrote:
I was under the impression, that Sony was trying to implement it.

i think its more the mpaa's decision than sony's.
Message 29 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1991 posts

May 26, 2007

Maazda wrote:

Well, some people have a hard time going to the theaters due to "weird" allergies (yeah, I'm one of those sorry persons; though, on the rare occasion I suck it up for a couple hours if I feel the movie is a "must see in the theaters" type). I speak of a real minority here; however, being that I am a part of it, I think it is relavent.

As for piracy, it wouldn't make it any easier to pirate the movie if it were available to persons in Home.  Good movies are prone to being pirated early on, there are always decent copies running around within a couple of weeks of release, and somethimes before.  Piracy is the scapegoat of everything now-a-days, for the most part I believe people don't spend money on movies, or going to the movies, due to the fact that there aren't a whole lot of good movies compared to the amount of movies being produced.
I think the real issue they (the movie industry) would be woried about is "losing" the money that could have been paid by yourself, and possibly a few friends, to see it at the theaters.
Message 30 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes