Jan 05 2013
By: chicagotops Uncharted Territory 1729 posts
Accepted Solution

Wardrobe Inventory / slots limitations

[ Edited ]
23 replies 719 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

KittyPonderosa wrote:

PLEASE create a "Junk Drawer" or "Donation Box" section in our wardrobe and furniture navigators where we can put all the clothes and furniture items that we do not want  at all anymore and NEVER EVER use.  This way, we won't have to spend hours digging through our current wardrobe and storage sections just to find the items that we actually DO use sometimes.  Some of us have purchased (and continue to purchase) SO much content that it's just too much to dig through anymore!!!  So, it would be great if we could somehow remove those items that we wish we'd never purchased or prizes that we've gotten for free and didn't want, etc.

Seriously our inventory in both items and wardrobe has become a major issue. Thus preventing some from spending cause its a major problem and hassle. Yall need to fix this or aint no dough going in yall pockets! 

Many have asked for a long time already for a deep storage folder. Seems like a simple answer to solve this Problem.

And please keep trying to figure out a way to expand our items limit used in our personal spaces. Any amount yall can possibly add to expand our limits amount will help. Be it 5 or 25. It can be done. Make it happen! 

edit: Updated 'Subject' to reflect discussion.

- Restless Dreams.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (719 Views)
Fender Bender
2250 posts

Re: Wardrobe Inventory

Jan 7, 2013

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Sony needs to lets us have the control to download and to delete our home items like we can do with the games we purchase from the PSN store. That can be Sony's New Years resolution to address to inventory problems everyone hates so much.:womanhappy: 

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (558 Views)
Wastelander
542 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Yep we desperately need 1 or 2 more levels of deep storage and/or the ability to assign custom name tags to items so we can organize and search for them later. As well as a favourites and storage section for hair. As well as the ability to reorder our personal space icons in the nav.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (549 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Cool beans. .. 

Well since i get to start the conversation or i did already..? and since my post got the highlight.. 

Does this mean that we will and could eventually see these suggestions come into fruition..? 

A deep storage folder for all our unnecessaries.. As well as an update to our precious inventory slots. ..? that would so make so many happy. So much joy by the community would sure be had. And in home its all about the community. Right..

When i joined this forum, it Was to complain and hek even start a petition to raise our items limit. That was when the items limit was still at fifty. I started spending much and soon wanted everything i had accumulated out. But it simply wasnt possible. So that led me here. And wanted to get the word out. My word out. Well i soon learned petitions are against the rules. and also didnt get much feedback. Figured the community nvr saw this as an issue and continued to deal with the limitation. Not long till after my post home got a major update and the limititations were re-arranged and we all got a major boost. Although as great as this update was.. It was still not enough, at least for me.. And i quickly asked for more. Hek even personally one on one.. 

Well, home has grown up alot more. Tops has grown up alot more..  And our inventorys have gone up alot more.. 

Prices.. Estate sizes.. Content. All these too have gone up as well.. 

But the real issue is our limitations in our slots for personal items. And out wardrobes. 

Things are getting out of hand and home desperately needs to give us this update. And soon hopefully. 

Ive grown tired of digging through my folders and fear things going into storage. 

This alone has now stopped me from spending in home pretty much. Well besides the fact i got so much already. And yes sure i really cant and wont stop spending. New things are always fun and always exciting. but the hassle of dealing with all the burden of having things get bumped off not knowing what or where.. or waiting for ones items to load.. Its all a hassle. And it means i dont want to deal with it. leading to much less stuff i'll be getting. 

i dont wont to stop spending.. And im sure others feel the same.. As to why i quoted this post. But its getting out of hand. And its time for a major update!  So im hoping my suggestion. A long sought after suggestion gets the green light! And soon! Thx!

- Restless Dreams.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
25270 posts

Jan 7, 2013

From January 2013 Suggestions:

Storage

I like being able to store items that are not used as often (or not used at all). Right now I have no problem finding new items, old items and recently used items. We have filters for those. But finding one particular item in Storage is pretty time consuming. I think our Storage should be revamped and updated.

As our Storage is kept on the server, I propose that our items be categorized by Publisher names. In this way, we can go to a Publisher tile rather than scrolling for minutes at a time to find one item.

From the Publisher tile we would go to Brand and then Head, Shirt, Hand, Legs, Feet or Outfits for clothes. Our Furniture and Inventory items can also be broken down by Publisher.

Currently, as more items are added to Storage, it will get harder to find them. This idea will make things faster and easier. Especially for people who go into their Browsers while in a crowded and busy public space. And for people who are in a hurry.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1894 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I doubt that sony would ever allow clothing items to be desposed of in home. There would be so many Issues with this, people would most likely end up accidentally deleting there clothing items quite often, or delete something and realise that they did'nt want to delete that certain Item, and than more complaints would spontain because of it.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (492 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Just like in many cases when deleting.. Im sure a prompt would pop up to reassure one of such an incident or if by if one would like to really delete. A waste basket could even be added. And final delete from there. storage is a big mess thanks to shirts a plenty. Freezes happen alot too when loading the massive amounts of junk. 

A deep storage would be wonders. But honestly i think many would rather dispose of em all. Their junk. 

Lots of junk clothing. Lots of junk items too. Thanks to peeking in my stocking early this christmas i now have a useless lump of coal. I dont want that item.. Its taking up valuable space. Wish i could remove it. All those fossils i gathered for a plant.. Ugh.. If only i could remove em all. I hate that theres so many too. 

Folders are key. But all in all Deleting these useless items one considers junk would be ideal. 

as for estates... Please remove the sodium one space that is given too one.. This space is also taking up valuable space and its junk as well. 

- Restless Dreams.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3644 posts

Re: Wardrobe Inventory / slots limitations

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

This is just another one of a long list of examples of how out of touch Sony is with their customers when it comes to Home.  There are countless threads and posts asking, neigh, begging for Sony to improve the wardrobe functionality, even with something as simple as adding a secondary storage folder due to the fact that the standard folders are very limited, and thus force many often used items into storage which itself can easily be filled with hundreds of items that rarely if ever get used.  It's this fact that it can sometimes take several minutes just to find one single item.

Not only that, but they didn't even bother to add the same sort by last used option for items in storage, as they do for the active folders.

Yet despite the many months of requests, countless threads and posts.... Want to guess how many times any Home staff member has replied or even discussed this issue?   It's just one more reason why so many of us are so frustrated with the management of Home.  The lights are on, but no ones Home.

- Home has become a special needs child, and Sony is the negligent parent. -

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 7, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

This is just another one of a long list of examples of how out of touch Sony is with their customers when it comes to Home.  There are countless threads and posts ask, neigh, begging for Sony to improve the wardrobe functionality, even with something as simple as adding a secondary storage folder due to the fact that the standard folders are very limited, and thus force many often used items into storage which itself can easily be filled with hundreds of items that rarely if ever get used.  It's this fact that it can sometimes take several minutes just to find one single item.

Not only that, but they didn't even bother to add the same sort by last used option for items in storage, as they do for itenormal the active folders.

Yet despite the many months of requests, countless threads and posts.... Want to guess how many times any Home staff member has replied or even discussed this issue.   It's just one more reason why so many of us are so frustrated with the management of Home.  The lights are on, but no ones Home.

Actually.. I had posted this message in the january suggestions thread.. 

I actually didnt create this thread. But it got the highlight by a mod a day later and hopefully this suggestion that i posted in the suggestions thread is actually being heard and being seen as a major issue on behalf of the sony staff.

I Changed its thread title to include slots limitations as really that is my main concern really. But its also our storage issue and things getting bumped in there due to new stuff being added. I quoted kitty as she stated just how many feel. Its been a big issue for many and many are getting frustrated. This deep storage idea is not new at all. And its been needed for a long time already. 

Many lately are saying things get ignored in the suggestions thread. But this topic is a major one. And was also brought over from the suggestions thread to lead into a full discussion by a mod. 

I say this topic needs to be adressed and suggestions brought about.. 

as this is a case of.. they are listening i can assume..  So shout out those rants!

Thx for listening to my feedback! 

I really hate our items limit. 

I read glass statement on this issue. But i know were getting held back and something could be done to improve on this. And no its not a bar lever or whatever nonsense. 

Again thx for listening.. 

Post em up and let sony hear those rants!

- Restless Dreams.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I have so many items, that when I go to my storage is freezes me all the time. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (452 Views)