Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 08 2013
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4245 posts

Wake Up Sony, before it is too late!

119 replies 892 views Edited May 8, 2013

I love a lot of the amazing new content and spaces the dif developers are coming out with... But the ever increasing amount of issues and problems that make it hard and sometimes impossible to use a lot of this content is just making me sick to my stomach. 

It just feels like the people in charge of running Home just don't seem to care very much any more.  It's bad enough that communication isn't close to being acceptable, especially for something that is supposedly a Beta program - in which there should be constant communication between the beta testers and the beta team to resolve issues and improve the service.

Even the simplest things have become a chore, like trying to find an item in storage.  Because of this, there is a strong incentive for me NOT to buy any more content.

Sony, for goodness sake, wake up!  You have a product/service here with amazing potential, and a group of dedicated fans... Don't blow it by offering substandard service and support!

Home desperately needs new leadership.  If something doesn't change and soon, even if Sony has plans for Home on the PS4 they wont likely have many customers left who want to use it.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 120 (892 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Wake Up Sony, before it is too late!

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013
If I have to ask myself if I should log into Home or not, out of chance that I might end up finding content I paid for missing, then yeah, there's a huge problem

I rather not see Home on the PS4 if things aren't going to change.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 120 (883 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 8, 2013
Told you long time ago, if home makes it on the PS4, it won't be any better. It will be the same crappy program with more problems, it can handle. Why do people think, just because it goes on the PS4, things will get better.

Its still run by the same management team. I'm so happy now, I've haven't spent a single dime on Home, since the holidays last year. Except the 10$ gift Sony gave us, but not my own money.

Stop buying into Home..you will be better off. Home isn't cute/funny anymore. They can never launch anything correctly.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 120 (806 Views)
Wastelander
604 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

This is pretty much the same sentiment among alot of the groups i hang out with on home. <---To put that into perspective, i dont hang out with anyone thats on these forums, for all the "stop trying to speak for us" people on here.

Your absolutely right D. I'll do you one further. Even with all the problems Home still has unlimited potential, for us, for sony, and for any party developer.

But when paid content (the only reason home still exists) cant even get published correctly, then something is seriously wrong with who is in charge and how home is being run.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 120 (804 Views)
Limit Breaker
16524 posts

May 8, 2013

Sorry, D

But again your agenda missed it's mark and falls on deaf ears. Here is why. Although everyone wants the best of the best all one has to do is go back a few years and look at the limited content. This team knows how to keep it coming. They understand that fremium/free to play requires a lot of content to turn profit and keep the service afloat. This team knows what customers want content wise. Do they provide content a plenty?

Yes they can work on communication and bug issues more. that's a gimme. But
I don't want "New leadership'' who can take this in a whole different unknown territory. You keep saying things and it's becoming a whine. You're unaware of what's going on and although I can appreciate your concern Home is still here and so is the PS3. ''See brazil''

Home and anything regarding home and it's future plans.. if needed Sony will let everyone know at that time.  

You seem to think Sony is ''rubbing our faces'' in quagmire by showing older unpublished areas of Home. That's just not how it is.

If you're not comfortable not knowing what 2014 holds then stop playing, buying until you are. simple as that but please stop stressing yourself out and go easy on the panic attack threads yeah? I'll just stop here and wait to post in your next whine thread. carry on.  

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 120 (778 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Sorry J

The fact that you say you have "deaf ears" and that you continually dismiss legitimate complaints as "whining" is why I and I suspect many others can't take you seriously at all - and if anyone has an agenda it's someone who continually tries to distract others from real issues plaguing Home.

Home is broken and it doesn't need to be.  Nor does one have to be an "insider" to know perfectly well that there are many things they could do right now that would drastically improve the service... But they can't even be bothered to regularly update the MOD - as clearly they are too busy to even swap out text.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 120 (753 Views)
Limit Breaker
16524 posts

May 8, 2013

it's okay. Good luck with your thread.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 120 (739 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 8, 2013
J, thinks Home is the perfect world and its not. You ever wonder why, we see the same complaints over and over. HOMES FAULT. Example, the freeze, etc.

They might be able to make money but can't be run correctly. Takes forever for them to fix something. Lazy.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 120 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16524 posts

May 8, 2013

R. if you have been here as long as I have and seen what I have you would know I don't think that way. I know the issues but when one user repeats "We need new management'' as a cure all? Yeah. that's not the fix man. think it out.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 120 (724 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 8, 2013

It's a Beta, an experiment. In truth, I am mostly surprised at how well things are going on home. Coding is not an exact science, little mistakes in coding can cause glitches that may take days to fix. Face it, Home will never be" perfect" every day, for everyone, that is why it still says Beta

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 120 (702 Views)