Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2027 posts

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 27, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:

randylr wrote:
maybe that sign means Jess is in New York City. Looked like the same type of train that was in her vid.

That's a good theory! I was wondering exactly how we were goanna find jess. Plus the 5 could be a hint to focus down the location within New York. BUT!! If jess is in hiding, why would she put a bulletin board up? I am more likely to believe that New York is just the place that everyone advertises.

yeah but crunkris, i'd hate to try to prove you wrong, but think about this, the bench pic lead to a park in england, gdc was held this week in san fransic california, the first butterfly we got was Nymphalis califonica, which the last word looks like california, so maybe it is a clue to jess's location, especially since her location is unknown, and she seems to be on the run, so this is just a guess, but it does sort of have a connection to some real world places so far

XLR8LIFE (Pronounced: AC-CEL-ER-ATE LIFE)

PlayStation MVPs | GT Saturdays | Monday Night Racing | GT Series

Please use plain text.
Message 2910 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Mar 27, 2009
No! I want you to prove me wrong. All in the name of progress.

xlr8life wrote:

CRUNKRIS wrote:

randylr wrote:
maybe that sign means Jess is in New York City. Looked like the same type of train that was in her vid.

That's a good theory! I was wondering exactly how we were goanna find jess. Plus the 5 could be a hint to focus down the location within New York. BUT!! If jess is in hiding, why would she put a bulletin board up? I am more likely to believe that New York is just the place that everyone advertises.

yeah but crunkris, I'd hate to try to prove you wrong, but think about this, the bench pic lead to a park in england, gdc was held this week in san Francisco California, the first butterfly we got was Nymphalis California, which the last word looks like California, so maybe it is a clue to jess's location, especially since her location is unknown, and she seems to be on the run, so this is just a guess, but it does sort of have a connection to some real world places so far

Now that you say it like that, I am more inclined to side with you. I think you could be right. Good work! So what do we know. We know it stressed NEW YORK in all caps with Xi hanging on to the K in new York. Are there any areas related to the letter K in new York. I'll do some research. But now that I think about it, it would be a really weird ad seeing as how the website it listed is just a picture. Which got me thinking.  Why include the website if its just a picture. If this ad is to tell us jess's location, than the picture must be a hint. Also we must keep the number 5 in mind. Are there any subway trains nicknamed K5 or anything labeled with letters and numbers in this fashion. I'll do some research. Also, the pick kinda reminds me of under water with the white things floating around the Xi symbol. In anycase. Thank both of you for the good work. You have now captured my attention.
Please use plain text.
Message 2911 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Mar 27, 2009

randylr wrote:

What sign are you talking about and where is it? I been away for the past 12 hours so I missed a few things.

Please use plain text.
Message 2912 of 6,844 (4 Views)
I Only Post Everything
916 posts

Mar 27, 2009
back on page 286
Please use plain text.
Message 2913 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Mar 27, 2009

randylr wrote:
back on page 286

Thanks man.... I've done a little searching and no subway has the letters k or y in NY. The only letter that has a subway line that is in the word York is R. It travels through Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/rline.htm

Not sure what to think of it. There may be some imoprtance to NY but I don't think it lies within the subway lines.

Please use plain text.
Message 2914 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Mar 27, 2009
Great Job KNUBB!! I was also thinking about how Xi also equals 11. Maybe the 5 and the Xi hanging onto the NUB k means "K 115". Just a thought. I'll do some work on my end tomorrow. thanx for the contribution KNUBB and kudoes.

KNUBB wrote:

randylr wrote:
back on page 286

Thanks man.... I've done a little searching and no subway has the letters k or y in NY. The only letter that has a subway line that is in the word York is R. It travels through Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/rline.htm

Not sure what to think of it. There may be some imoprtance to NY but I don't think it lies within the subway lines.

Please use plain text.
Message 2915 of 6,844 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
590 posts

Mar 27, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:
I agree. I think it is important to look closely at these characters. I've made the case before but the way they have given these people specific personalities and flaws specifically speaks to a mystery within the characters and I think we have a traitor. I'm glad to see you guys look into this more, and pay more attention to the behavior of the AFK members. I think it will deal yields in the future. However, at this point, it seems way too early to tell. Also, (I love murder mysteries, so I read lots of mystery books and have played all the Nancy drew games) and a common aspect of mystery stories is to have an obvious bad guy that obstructs the view and attention of the reader from the real culprit. Since nDREAMS is telling a story I have been researching different story telling techniques on the subject. I guess what I'm saying is, good work and we should continue to keep on eye on him, BUT this early in the game, he fits the perfect role of the scapegoat that keeps you from looking at all the suspects equally. So good work but keep an open mind until we have more. Often times the Jerk is just guilty of being a jerk and the Bad guy plays the nice, innocent one that no one would suspect. Good work you guys! We need to carefully monitor the AFK members.

lunch007 wrote:

xlr8life wrote:
ok getting back into the clue finding portion, i think there is something fishy about Ignatius, he seems abit odd, he sounds like some sort of vampire or something, talk about how people taste good if baked right, and he seems to disagree with everyone, he just seems a bit odd to me, i don't know if this is important or not, but it just seems to me that he is a type that nobody trusts

I have thought the same thing, but it also reminds me of one of the murder mysteries that have that one person you know has to be the killer, and in the end it is the pretty blond.

I think it is worth watching as the story unfolds.

P.S. what i'm saying is that Ignatius is just to obvious and easy the bad guy. It is just too easy. It has to be an attempt to pull the whool over our eyes. I think he is just bait and i don't wanta bite yet. He's like the 20 dollar bill laying on the ground and everyone who walks bye trys to pick it up, but its glued to the ground. Speaking of which, what are we gonna do for an april fools joke on the noobies.

Exactly Crunk, I was thinking the same thing.   Ignatius is too easy to pick as the bad guy.  He could be just a jerk and the last guy to the party sort of speak.   If Jess did disappear and even the bad guys can't find her what's the best thing to do?   Bring us in to help them search!   We could be unknowingly helping the bad guy try to find Jess.   It's all possible but we won't know until the end.

Please use plain text.
Message 2916 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Mar 27, 2009

Furlious wrote:

Exactly Crunk, I was thinking the same thing.   Ignatius is too easy to pick as the bad guy.  He could be just a jerk and the last guy to the party sort of speak.   If Jess did disappear and even the bad guys can't find her what's the best thing to do?   Bring us in to help them search!   We could be unknowingly helping the bad guy try to find Jess.   It's all possible but we won't know until the end.

Very good. I never thought of it like that. I am very impressed. You guys are great at this. That is a very good theory Furlious. You took my view a bit further. That is a huge possibility. And that opens a huge door of new possibilities. Its possible that later on, we'll have to start actively choosing who we want to support and whether our actions will help jess or the bad guy/girl. I love this theory. This would mean the plot twist that is needed in an ARG story to give it spice. I wish I could give you at least three kudos for that idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 2917 of 6,844 (4 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3750 posts

Mar 27, 2009

We may want to be careful about the good guy bad guy thing. It is something to keep in mind as a possibility, but until we have something to hang it on, that's all it is.

it is very easy to get distracted by red herrings that way.  someone mentions something, then a few pages later someone else does, then an hour later someone starts making conjectures based on that. Before you know it we have a whole train f thought based around something that may not be true at all. For example, before most people assumed Jess was an outside party from the hub, and was in some resistance force. we built a whole story around it, and had it gone on we would be well off track.

I'm not saying the theory is wronng, just be careful how far we carry it before we have any evidence of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2918 of 6,844 (4 Views)
Sackboy
590 posts

Mar 27, 2009

anything is possible at this stage.  Remember the quote of "trust no one"?   Don't even trust the guy who invited us in to help.   I'm not saying that my theory is what is going to happen but if you keep that in mind then you'll absolutely trust no one in this game and maybe notice things that others won't (an odd quote, a subtle slip up etc..).

The only thing I'm saying is, it can't hurt.

Please use plain text.
Message 2919 of 6,844 (4 Views)