Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
598 posts

Re: Video Games On EOD

Oct 26, 2012

eh, it'd have to be the same thing as launching a game inside Home, which means that Home essentially has to close, reloading when you're done with the game.  It couldn't actually play a game on the EOD screen, since that would mean running Home AND a full PS3 game at the same time.

The closest you'll get to running a game while Home is running, is to play a game on an arcade cabinet inside Home.  Those games are designed to run without closing anything, allowing you to play and leave it as you please, without a ton of loading time to restart Home.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (103 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Oct 26, 2012

They might have to make something special or we might have to wait for playstation 4 I guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Oct 26, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:
You're technically not in home once you launch a game. It unloads it. It just tells the PS3 to return when you exit and records what space you were at.

Everythting you just said is true...  But, the OP's question in my mind is on the vague side.  On one hand you can go to the Bowling alley arcade when you're in Home.  Let's not also forget about we use to have game lauching but I don't know if that's still in Home or not that takes place in Home and when you get the players it hops you out for the game and you bounce right back into Home when you're done.  Just two ways you can play games in Home.

I also disagree that it's impossible for Sony to come up with a way to let us play PS3 game's when in Home.  Has it been done yet?  No...  But there is mostlikely a way.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (83 Views)
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Well Im glad that it's possible, cause that would be so awesome. Imagine meeting somebody on home and inviting them to your house and playing a video game with them. It would be cool even if you could just play online as normal or even just offline. That would make home so official, people that don't play home would start playing home!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

It might have to start off the same way the EOD did as a one package deal. They probably will make a personal space or something were you can play video games inside home, that would be cool also.  They should  just make a special portable tv for it tho ,that would be the best!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (71 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25781 posts

Oct 26, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
Let's not also forget about we use to have game lauching but I don't know if that's still in Home or not that takes place in Home and when you get the players it hops you out for the game and you bounce right back into Home when you're done.  

Game launching still exists. It's located under Social of our PDA/menu pad. The HCVs still host nightly events.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (58 Views)
0 Likes