Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 26 2012
By: CJTTHEHSLR First Son 17 posts

Video Games On EOD

15 replies 253 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

I want to play games on my hardrive on the EOD. Is there anyway possible that could happen?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (253 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3978 posts

Re: Video Games On EOD

Oct 26, 2012
Not at this point in time. You can only view the media supplied currently on the EOD system.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Cool, so it might happen in the future possibly?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3978 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Your guess is as good as mine or anyone else's here. I wouldn't rule it out though.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 26, 2012

There's no way.  Home already pushes the limits of the PS3 as it is, and it sometimes crashes on it's own.

Streaming videos is one thing, but running a full PS3 game (which might already use up all the PS3's memory), while running Home at the same time is just too far-fetched.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (223 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8625 posts

Oct 26, 2012

CJTTHEHSLR wrote:

I want to play games on my hardrive on the EOD. Is there anyway possible that could happen?

I'm sorry what's the EOD?

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

There's no way.  Home already pushes the limits of the PS3 as it is, and it sometimes crashes on it's own.

Streaming videos is one thing, but running a full PS3 game (which might already use up all the PS3's memory), while running Home at the same time is just too far-fetched.

Why is this far-fetched?  Home already let's you play game's and Home use to have game launching in it wich let you jump right into some PS3 game's right from Home with you're Home friends.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 26, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

CJTTHEHSLR wrote:

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

Why is this far-fetched?  Home already let's you play game's and Home use to have game launching in it wich let you jump right into some PS3 game's right from Home with you're Home friends.

You're technically not in home once you launch a game. It unloads it. It just tells the PS3 to return when you exit and records what space you were at.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (204 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25520 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

We are not able to play videogames via the EOD, as stated.

We can still game launch with friends and strangers from almost anywhere within Home (as long as each participant has a copy of the game  (digital or disc). Just press Start and scroll to Social. Take our time and read the prompts.

All we need do is meet people with the same game. Talk with them and ask. One way to find out what games they play is by looking at their Profile and going to Compare Trophies. As some games allow us to play with strangers, it's also a good idea to add each other to our Friend List for the duration of the launching in case of disconnects.

And the Home Community Volunteers host game launch events in Home. Please see Featured Game Nights.

Good luck and have fun!   :catvery-happy:

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10703 posts

Oct 26, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

CJTTHEHSLR wrote:

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

Is it "Entertainment on Demand" by LOOT

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (171 Views)
VP of Gaming
25520 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

al2009man wrote:

Is it "Entertainment on Demand" by LOOT

The EOD can be viewed from the Theater or buy purchasing certain personal spaces made by Loot. Or we can purchase individual (or a bundle) Portable EODs from the Loot Store and place them in any of our personal spaces or clubhouses created by any Developer.

Portable EODs will not work in personal spaces with built in televisions that cannot be turned off.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (166 Views)
0 Likes