Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 1372 of 2,449 (999 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
419 posts

Re: Upcoming Home Content

Dec 21, 2013
Wow, ultraman, haven't seen that show since I was knee high to a grasshopper back in Hawaii. Did I rock my ultrman t shirts with much pride..oh hellz ya.
Brises_0000 wrote:
"The home community has blinders on" Neighhhhh
Please use plain text.
Message 1373 of 2,449 (953 Views)
Sackboy
423 posts

Re: Upcoming Home Content: The Almighty $€££ vs. Needed Bug Fixes, etc.

Dec 22, 2013
So all there is to Home still is the unceasing "buy or die" mantra everywhere… buy but buy.

How about actually fixing the really problematic glitches also? Rather than creating many more, such as those over the past week?

The major one is the usually broken Clothing saving issue in the Navigator Wardrobe area (I.e. avatar customization). A problem far too many of us experienced, and still do. Any times new reward items/purchases go into that section — or if moved into their from storage — they are automatically moved back into storage upon our next Home login. (Faving them makes zero difference after a log off.) the issue was finally acknowledged and correct what, a year ago, give or take, and an updat released simultaneous to all regions that correct this issue. All regions except for NA, whee it still goes on. Nothing I enjoy hearing from supportive than being told "your imagining it, it was already taken care of"; or that since I insist I'm still saving issues, "it MUST be something wrong with your system." Nice try. Supposedly my fault, yet corrected in UK, Japan & HK the exact same time (and problem free for me there since).

Or how about how the just-updated "South Island Hideaway"? Upon your first entry after login, you're greeted with ª never-clearing all-black screen (with only the colored user IDs appearing. To actually interact with the island, you gave to teleport anywhere else, then return. But upon the next login, the issue repeats.

Or how about the very odd issues with Home Challenges Season Two? Several times now this season the Challenge navigator has become corrupted. I redeemed few items, went to look at them after, and they weren't in my inventory. When I check the Challenge section again, it showed EVERY item & level locked, even though I was already in Level 4. And if I attempted to try and re obtained items I'd supposedly redeemed already, I was told I couldn't because I had insufficient point for anything. WTH?!? Thankfully, after my third log off/login to NA, the Challenges revert to where they should have been, and my items restored.

Just had it happen again earlier this evening in the UK also. Was also moving up Level 4 there. Items the couple items I'd taken a couple days earlier were marked as locked now. And I couldn't get anything else. After the usual few logoff/login attempts, that returned to "mostly normal". The two items I had grabbed were back, but two I did NOT unlocked were: the tobot and the lace gloves. Whatever. Also, the Tiers are nit unlocking properly. Prior to the last maintenance on the 19th:
• Reaching Level 2 = one Tier 2 gift only. ;
• Reaching Level 3 = two Tier 2 + one Tier 1 gift;
• Reaching Level 4 = three Tier 2 + two Tier 3 !one Tier 4 item; and
• Reaching Level 5 = all Tier 2-5 gifts.

But following that maintenance on thev19th, each Level I reached only let me unlock a single reward from each Tier (and automatically made to choices for me withiut my input. I assume that shouldn't occur. Ever. Just hope the remaining items in all Tiers will unlock or magically appear upon my reaching Level 5. (Unless this is a peculiar new "feature" now which we weren't informed of…)

And the Challenge screen takes forever to make go away (at least 2 mins) if you accidentally hit in within The Hub (especially in The Hub) when you're fingers automatically think they've pressed the "Personal Items" icon.

I've also experienced identical problematic gameplay issues in both Acorn.Meadows – areas (normal & winter, both NA & UK), seemingly due to memory corruption or similar. Already occurred 2-3 within each space. Never has occurred anywhere else ever. Basically, a small semi-transparent PIP window appears in the upper-left corner of my HDTV, showing my Avatar's current viewpoint of Acorn Meadows (as normally seen in the full-screen image), just at ~1/16rh scale! Severe slowdown (running near 6-10 fps) makes an immediate appearance also, and all in-space movement becomes a bizarre psychedelic experience, as ANYTHING moving across the screen streams forth long blurring colorful blurred & stuttering trails. Rather interesting effect. If it didn't make me or my wife instantly nauseous.

The photo task involving the fountain is also glitches in the normal Acorn Meadows. Immediately after taking the photo of the fountain, no further markers appear. This always occurs with that fountain task (others are working fine).

And I won't even go into detail on the ridiculous layout of the recently-updated Navigator. It's definitely NOT streamlined, but a horrendous mess that makes it more difficult to find many spaces. (Plus several spaces are incorrectly filed, defying one's logic on where they should be hiding. And the shuffled Navigator icons really are a problem; as I already mentioned, we frequently hit "Challenge" rather than "Personal Items"; normal spaces appear under "Games" for some reason; plus there are those dev placeholders that do nothing.

I will never comprehend why it was felt necessary to muck about with the Navigator layout, when it was already fantastic. One step forward & three steps backwards is not good planning.

Are there not far more important long-standing glitches to quash & features that should have been added long ago? (Eliminating that seemingly-arbitrary 100!icons limitation on the Vita, for example. It's so nice having a memory card I cannot fully utilizes because of that limitation. Instead, I always need to delete a few items before playing a new game, or if I want to try a new demo or those free Mobile releases).

I'm sure I can discuss more oddities that occurred over the past 10 days or so, butt this should cover things for a short while.

Unless you think it appropriate for me to bring up the long-promised restoration of our eternally-missing Home pre-release beta rewards, for example. Or the several other items that were (and still are) removed from our inventories over the years.

Rather than repeating the usual empty promises year-after-year, perhaps a good starting point would be admitting it was a ruse ("ha ha, too bad… you believed that?! ) and will NEVER actually occur during the PS3's remaining lifespan.

And to think I've stood by Home for nearly 5½ years now… Whatever.

Thanks in advance, on the off chance your team still takes these issues seriously.

Cheers!

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

— Sterling Malory Archer

Sent via my BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…
Please use plain text.
Message 1374 of 2,449 (880 Views)
Last Guardian
10798 posts

Re: Upcoming Home Content: The Almighty $€££ vs. Needed Bug Fixes, etc.

Dec 22, 2013

BaronBrain wrote:
So all there is to Home still is the unceasing "buy or die" mantra everywhere… buy but buy.

How about actually fixing the really problematic glitches also? Rather than creating many more, such as those over the past week?

The major one is the usually broken Clothing saving issue in the Navigator Wardrobe area (I.e. avatar customization). A problem far too many of us experienced, and still do. Any times new reward items/purchases go into that section — or if moved into their from storage — they are automatically moved back into storage upon our next Home login. (Faving them makes zero difference after a log off.) the issue was finally acknowledged and correct what, a year ago, give or take, and an updat released simultaneous to all regions that correct this issue. (thats normal) All regions except for NA, whee it still goes on. Nothing I enjoy hearing from supportive than being told "your imagining it, it was already taken care of"; or that since I insist I'm still saving issues, "it MUST be something wrong with your system." Nice try. Supposedly my fault, yet corrected in UK, Japan & HK the exact same time (and problem free for me there since).

Or how about how the just-updated "South Island Hideaway"? Upon your first entry after login, you're greeted with ª never-clearing all-black screen (with only the colored user IDs appearing. To actually interact with the island, you gave to teleport anywhere else, then return. But upon the next login, the issue repeats.
(Only Granzella; Creator of South Island Hideaway, can update it)

Or how about the very odd issues with Home Challenges Season Two? Several times now this season the Challenge navigator has become corrupted. I redeemed few items, went to look at them after, and they weren't in my inventory. When I check the Challenge section again, it showed EVERY item & level locked, even though I was already in Level 4. And if I attempted to try and re obtained items I'd supposedly redeemed already, I was told I couldn't because I had insufficient point for anything. WTH?!? Thankfully, after my third log off/login to NA, the Challenges revert to where they should have been, and my items restored.

Just had it happen again earlier this evening in the UK also. Was also moving up Level 4 there. Items the couple items I'd taken a couple days earlier were marked as locked now. And I couldn't get anything else. After the usual few logoff/login attempts, that returned to "mostly normal". The two items I had grabbed were back, but two I did NOT unlocked were: the tobot and the lace gloves. Whatever. Also, the Tiers are nit unlocking properly. Prior to the last maintenance on the 19th:
• Reaching Level 2 = one Tier 2 gift only. ;
• Reaching Level 3 = two Tier 2 + one Tier 1 gift;
• Reaching Level 4 = three Tier 2 + two Tier 3 !one Tier 4 item; and
• Reaching Level 5 = all Tier 2-5 gifts.

But following that maintenance on thev19th, each Level I reached only let me unlock a single reward from each Tier (and automatically made to choices for me withiut my input. I assume that shouldn't occur. Ever. Just hope the remaining items in all Tiers will unlock or magically appear upon my reaching Level 5. (Unless this is a peculiar new "feature" now which we weren't informed of…)

And the Challenge screen takes forever to make go away (at least 2 mins) if you accidentally hit in within The Hub (especially in The Hub) when you're fingers automatically think they've pressed the "Personal Items" icon.
(that always happend to me, but it still fast thou)

I've also experienced identical problematic gameplay issues in both Acorn.Meadows – areas (normal & winter, both NA & UK), seemingly due to memory corruption or similar.  Already occurred 2-3 within each space. Never has occurred anywhere else ever. Basically, a small semi-transparent PIP window appears in the upper-left corner of my HDTV, showing my Avatar's current viewpoint of Acorn Meadows (as normally seen in the full-screen image), just at ~1/16rh scale! Severe slowdown (running near 6-10 fps) makes an immediate appearance also, and all in-space movement becomes a bizarre psychedelic experience, as ANYTHING moving across the screen streams forth long blurring colorful blurred & stuttering trails. Rather interesting effect. If it didn't make me or my wife instantly nauseous.

(I blame Home Limitation memory)

The photo task involving the fountain is also glitches in the normal Acorn Meadows. Immediately after taking the photo of the fountain, no further markers appear. This always occurs with that fountain task (others are working fine).

And I won't even go into detail on the ridiculous layout of the recently-updated Navigator. It's definitely NOT streamlined, but a horrendous mess that makes it more difficult to find many spaces. (Plus several spaces are incorrectly filed, defying one's logic on where they should be hiding. And the shuffled Navigator icons really are a problem; as I already mentioned, we frequently hit "Challenge" rather than "Personal Items"; normal spaces appear under "Games" for some reason; plus there are those dev placeholders that do nothing.

I will never comprehend why it was felt necessary to muck about with the Navigator layout, when it was already fantastic. One step forward & three steps backwards is not good planning.

(http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/SCEA-Navigator-Update/m-p/42033657/highlight...)

Are there not far more important long-standing glitches to quash & features that should have been added long ago? (Eliminating that seemingly-arbitrary 100!icons limitation on the Vita, for example. It's so nice having a memory card I cannot fully utilizes because of that limitation. Instead, I always need to delete a few items before playing a new game, or if I want to try a new demo or those free Mobile releases). 

(do you have 32gig?)

I'm sure I can discuss more oddities that occurred over the past 10 days or so, butt this should cover things for a short while.

Unless you think it appropriate for me to bring up the long-promised restoration of our eternally-missing Home pre-release beta rewards, for example. Or the several other items that were (and still are) removed from our inventories over the years.

Rather than repeating the usual empty promises year-after-year, perhaps a good starting point would be admitting it was a ruse ("ha ha, too bad… you believed that?! ) and will NEVER actually occur during the PS3's remaining lifespan.

And to think I've stood by Home for nearly 5½ years now… Whatever.

Thanks in advance, on the off chance your team still takes these issues seriously.

Cheers!

I this this post should be stand-alone OP instead of posting it here

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 1375 of 2,449 (840 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Dec 22, 2013
This was about the recent maintenance that was done, wasn't done, should have been done, and the fallout users such as myself have repeatedly experienced.

But if it doesn't involve the never-ending videos/posts re: all the virtual content, it's just doesn't seem to be on agendas these days. Again, I said "seems".

Yes, obviously only Granzella can recode their own space. But as Home is run by SCEE and Granzella uses their servers, SCEE has a far better chance than I at passing along such info. It was a problematic issue, thus it was worth mentioning. Completely moot now, however, as Granzella did update the "Island" to v1.19 early this morning at ~4:30a PST. Home began booting users at about 3:30a PST and was mostly down for the next 49 min. ut again for ~40 min. (If you could get in, the network disconnected within a minute max. Again, the "Island" IS fixed. No more black screen upon. entry!

The Challenge screen is fine in many areas, but it's deathly slow in several spots also. The Hub is the worst for that. And the wait IS far too long… so much so friends and I have believed our units were locked up due to the lengthy delay. & lack of activity. Guess nothing else I mentioned regarding Challenge rewards not actually rewarding, or being locked out due to supposedly-insufficient points must just be my Imagination…

As for the revised Navigator, of course debs always want to improve and streamline code. And that's commendable Unfortunately. it just doesn't work here. The new layout is exceptionally poor, and it takes longer now — and more searching and button pressing — to actually locate anything. It is functionally hobbled, and MANY users are complaining about it. When the Home team does major improvements or changes for the better, we let it be known. Same as we speak up when we find updates to be anything but. Not aure about your stance, but I certainly don't blindly "just accept everything" done for Home as "Perfect! Fantastic!" The Navigator alterations are certainly not progress as most users consider the term as consisting of.

And sorry, but the Navigator update link you posted just seems mostly self-congratulatory "aren't we so awesome?" ackslapping. It read closer to "we showed our idea to a handful of people and they we'd like, cool. So we did it." If it's so fantastic, why is (nearly) everyone complaining about how awkward it is? Guess most users must just be too dim then to realize what "quality" designing really is. Fact remains, some of the layout changes are poorly conceptualized (thought Yes, obviously only Granzella can recode their own space. But as Home is run by SCEE and Granzella uses their servers, SCEE has a far better chance than I at passing along such info. It was a problematic issue, thus it was worth mentioning. Completely moot now, however, as Granzella did update the "Island" to v1.19 early this morning at ~4:30a PST. Home began booting users at about 3:30a PST and wÿas mostly down for the next 49 min. ut again for ~40 min. (If you could get in, the network disconnected within a minute max. Again, the "Island" IS fixed. No more black screen upon. entry!

Yes, that's why I clearly stated "Acorn" appeared to be a memory corruption issue. More memory available system & video memory is always a good things. Just letting them know it was.occurring. And that doesn't explain the task fault.

Yes, my Vita has the 32GB card. And your point is what exactly? Not that it matters, as it's an admitted firmware limitation. SCEJ only recently stated they were made aware this was an issue for users. and are supposedly working to correct that limitation. Yet most Vita users have been having issues with this since just after it was released in Feb. 2012. Seems unlikely the Vita team and/or SCEI only just discovered it was problematic. Users have brought it up in the forums & blog for nearly two years, asking with every announced update if the limitation will be lifted. We're still all waiting. If we have the space on the card, games/apps shouldn't been hidden from the screen until games are deleted & the Bita rebooted. Talk about an oversight (just like they thought nobody would care about CDs, BD3D and certain other formats on the PS4, thus they were hobbled on purpose.glad Ill always be keeping my PS3, which plays it all perfectly.

Anyway, thanks for the responses. Though I'm not entirely certain what your point was for the most part, aside from blatantly obvious statements. Perhaps you felt other readers might be clueless about such matters…

And with that I hid you adìeu…

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

— Sterling Malory Archer

Sent via my BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…
Please use plain text.
Message 1376 of 2,449 (814 Views)
Fender Bender
2934 posts

Dec 24, 2013
Seems like I aint missing much smh lol ;p
Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Leisuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

Hard works pays off, Dreams come true, bad times don't last but Bad Guys do!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Please use plain text.
Message 1377 of 2,449 (719 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1526 posts

Dec 24, 2013
Interesting new space. But I'm feeling those new Ultraman sidekicks. Might just have to get them.
Please use plain text.
Message 1378 of 2,449 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jan 6, 2014
-sigh- I wonder what will be in this new update. Hopefully some new dance moves.
Please use plain text.
Message 1379 of 2,449 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9067 posts

Jan 6, 2014
I would say we will probably get new dance moves from some dev (maybe a few devs) - we always do.
Other than that guess, there are the Ultraman companions Tempest_Fire teased on December 20th that havent released yet that will probably be sold this week. And, also, here is a thread showing VeeMee's content releases coming on Wednesday to the Winter Acorn Meadows Park and the 3D Printer. There are preview videos. Link ---> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/3D-Printer-and-Acorn-Meadows-final-Festive-u...
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 1380 of 2,449 (348 Views)
0 Likes