Fender Bender
3121 posts

Re: *** U N I T Y *** The Resistance is here!

Jul 18, 2013

I got something cool in my Inbox from NASA today!!!   If you get the chance step out tomorrow and Wave to Saturn!  Here's a link to the Page for the event!

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/17jul_waveatsaturn/

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2511 of 2,539 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4964 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

Patchex wrote:

I got something cool in my Inbox from NASA today!!!   If you get the chance step out tomorrow and Wave to Saturn!  Here's a link to the Page for the event!

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/17jul_waveatsaturn/

Nice, thanks fer heads up, I will be out today at 5:27pm ET waving at Saturn to be in the Cassini's portrait.

Just heads up on two upcoming events..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

one is from Miss_Ann_Thrope (in coordination with The All-Mighty Club) as she's been workin on planning this event fer a while, following last year's success

Miss_Ann_Thrope and The All Mighty present
COMIX@HOME II: THE WRATH OF THROPE

Date: Saturday, July 20th

Time: 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST

Get your cosplay on and join us for a night of fantasy, folks and fun. Prizes awarded for best costume.
Follow Miss_Ann_Thrope or add HomeEventsRUs to RSVP.

This is a user organized event and is not associated with SCEA or Comic-Con.

photo comixhome2_wcomicconbanner_zpse696b40f.jpg

If you havent followed the party thread link.. here it is

"CoMix@Home II: The Wrath of Thrope" coplay Party

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

plight

The other event is from Club LAIR as "PLIGHT of the SAINTS" will take place next Sunday

Event link: club LAIR

Plight of the Saints

by Spectre531

Can you save the Saints from their plight?  Find out Sunday, July 28th at 9pm Eastern!

Please use plain text.
Message 2512 of 2,539 (257 Views)
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Sweetness... I was at the Beach enjoying the Sun when the Picture was Taken with the Girls!!! so were in the Picture too... 

I tried to get in Miss Ann's instance for abouot an hour, yet it was a Full lobby every time I tried... 

I am gona try really hard to be back for Lair Game next Sunday... looks like its gona be a good one...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2513 of 2,539 (247 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4964 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Time sure flies since PSHome started fer many of us, with it we've met so many ppl, I fer myself my friends I met thru our group VLR Studio 60 was my first club.. With so many of us I met many, we been such a family here.. We've had Ups & Downs in many situations.. And so much crazy fun times..

Anyways Here is this video with compilation of memories x-champ-x made and posted on the Club of Champions thread showcasing some of those in the VLR club/branches, which made me remember so many things.. As our old VLR thread was taken down on 1/12/10, that's when UNITY became, we lost a lot of fond memories to reminisce and some of the VLR clubs threads are no longer around due to forums changing to Jive, this vid is nice to see.

Awesome job on the video champ (see below)

x-champ-x wrote:

For those who have never heard of VLR, it is the main club we started off in. A club with 10 clubs inside it (branches). VLR came to an end in January of 2010 and The All Mighty & The Club of Champions still continue to this day.

This is a collection of barely seen or never before seen photos in our VLR days! It took quite a while to go through every page in the VLR thread to find these photos. Big thanks to those who supplied us photos/videos.

Please use plain text.
Message 2514 of 2,539 (206 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4964 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Also... This past Saturday Miss_Ann_Thrope broke the news that she is the new owner for the Angels & Demons club, club activities will begin sometime this month and everything will remain the same, just a new club & owner stay tune,

photo CI42428470430320501_zpsa49336e0.jpg

photo CI76308470430320501_zpsd27aa92b.jpg

photo CI-195418259230320501_zpse0ff0d42.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 2515 of 2,539 (205 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4964 posts

Oct 13, 2013
We will be doing an ExtraLife video shoot thru out the coming days.. I'll be listing the schedule for them as we do it and who is involved. Requirements for Video Shoot.. Must wear Extra Life icon Time & Date plus Locations Sunday October 13 7pm ET Come follow we will decide on area for it.. Ideas of Games/ places to do Dragon Green Novus Prime Edo Defence Sodium 1&2 Stay tune for other times.. we will have them announced so we can prepare in advance
Please use plain text.
Message 2516 of 2,539 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

Hello Everyone...

Hey David I am sorry I missed the Shoot, I haven't heard from you and Miss Ana Tweeted me like an HOUR into the shoot... this team is really lacking in communication, we really should do something about that or get it over and burry the Hatchet... It seems Now that HOME is Dieing, and Xi has been over for so long that, and VLR barely gets mentioned any more not to mention Unity hardly ever meets as a team, we have drifted apart.

I want to be positive, I really do... seems like though, 80% of my posts in HOME forums is negitive as of late, I am trying to be positive, I feel like Because HOME is not getting mentioned for PS4, we will be stuck with all the stuff we bought and no way to enjoy it... not that I am enjoying it much now lol Home still has great Potential... When did it shift so much? I didn't even see it happen... I saw it comming yet I guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention... 

Do you guys think if HOME goes bye bye, will Unity still be around? Kinda like VLR when Xi faded... 

I barely log into HOME, if it weren't for the Placo sucker fish that Someone gave me that is meraculusly still alive I would not even have a reason to log into HOME, besides stuff like the Photo shoot that kinda didn't happen, (which by the way, I spent an hour of error message trying to get there for you guys... and then all I wanted to do was Game, an I didn't have the drive to want to do it in PS HOME) 

Anyway... I hope you all are doing well... and I hope we all keep in touch, it would be a shame not to... 

For all of you in Extra-life this year... Good Luck and Happy Gaming... 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2517 of 2,539 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4964 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Hi Patchex.. 

Im very much looking forward to extra-life and we will be playing thats fer sure.. I know im dedicating myself with alot of Home games thou also some disk based games.. I will be at elsewhere this year so I can be live streaming my day's event.. so Borderlands 2 Im there with you, knows sprawl also mention he will be playig with me that day.

As far as UNITY... well we aint as alive as we used to be as a group thou the clubs are still going each week and planning new things as we go so we keepin eachother going.. and ofcourse always checkin on whats new.. I dont think we're dying. we still part of the Resistance even after we died, there r many of us who are active cells :smileywink:

Yea Folding Home was one of those things we kept up with it and it faded away. but anything lets bring over new things we can get into. Im game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2518 of 2,539 (139 Views)
Last Guardian
10394 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Patchex wrote:

Do you guys think if HOME goes bye bye, will Unity still be around? Kinda like VLR when Xi faded... 

I wonder the same.

I bet its just going to change the regular Home Club to Gaming Community.

I'd going to off-topic myself. watch this video

then ask me something. This is the Message of the Day-killer change :smileytongue: now think if theres a new way to get a error message after leaving the News Reader.

(BTW Newsie Reader is currently in Europe Region in the moment)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 2519 of 2,539 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Y2David wrote:

Hi Patchex.. 

Im very much looking forward to extra-life and we will be playing thats fer sure.. I know im dedicating myself with alot of Home games thou also some disk based games.. I will be at elsewhere this year so I can be live streaming my day's event.. so Borderlands 2 Im there with you, knows sprawl also mention he will be playig with me that day.

As far as UNITY... well we aint as alive as we used to be as a group thou the clubs are still going each week and planning new things as we go so we keepin eachother going.. and ofcourse always checkin on whats new.. I dont think we're dying. we still part of the Resistance even after we died, there r many of us who are active cells :smileywink:

Yea Folding Home was one of those things we kept up with it and it faded away. but anything lets bring over new things we can get into. Im game.

Yes I miss folding @ home... it was my sleepy time music, plus the globe was a great visual along with the fact that I felt like I was accomplishing something positive while I slept...

Ya Sprawl Mentioned that to me, I was just worried  cause I haven't heard from you (and many others) in quite a while... its all good though, I completely understand, I know how hectic things can get irl... 

It would truly be a shame to fade out though... whats the saying, better to burn out then fade away lol Maybe that is why VLR happend the way it did... 

Should we plan Extra-life events here or on the Extra life page? I would normally say do it in the virtual Flesh in HOME, yet honestly its been what like 2 years since we had a UNITY meeting in HOME lol so if we do it like this, we don't have to be tied down to a particular time or location and can communicate this week here... Its worth a Shot I think... even if we end up winging it, its all good, I just like to try and have a plan at least lol

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2520 of 2,539 (126 Views)
0 Likes