Ghost of Sparta
7054 posts

Re: [Trivia on Home] Home Trivia Challenge

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013
"
smokingpistol wrote:

please dont add community get together questions like that. I dont attend those due to work so thats not neccessarily fair for all.

I couldn't agree more. I rarely attend those events either and many already feel they are little more than an excuse for the MVPs and forum in-crowd  to get together to hang out and serve little other purpose. If the intent is to include all, then please do so, otherwise it might be a contest better just left to those aforementioned events so that others don't feel left out.

"Well how about a question like...  "Was smokingpistol at the (event here) on (day here)?" LoLz! (j/k)  Nobody needs to feel dicouraged on the questions.  I'm only trying to make ya's sweat a bit.  It's all about the fun!"

The above wouldn't be any better as the only ones who could answer that would people in attendance at that particular event. I don't think you're intentionally trying to exclude people, but it could certainly have that appearance.

I'd say more on the subject, but i don't know that it would do any good.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 735 (904 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3573 posts

Jun 24, 2013

myalana wrote:
"
smokingpistol wrote:

please dont add community get together questions like that. I dont attend those due to work so thats not neccessarily fair for all.

I couldn't agree more. I rarely attend those events either and many already feel they are little more than an excuse for the MVPs and forum in-crowd  to get together to hang out and serve little other purpose. If the intent is to include all, then please do so, otherwise it might be a contest better just left to those aforementioned events so that others don't feel left out.

"Well how about a question like...  "Was smokingpistol at the (event here) on (day here)?" LoLz! (j/k)  Nobody needs to feel dicouraged on the questions.  I'm only trying to make ya's sweat a bit.  It's all about the fun!"

The above wouldn't be any better as the only ones who could answer that would people in attendance at that particular event. I don't think you're intentionally trying to exclude people, but it could certainly have that appearance.

I'd say more on the subject, but i don't know that it would do any good.

Interesting Theory, myalana.  Looks like we'll have to wait and find out!  :smileytongue:

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 735 (895 Views)
Fender Bender
2272 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Oh I love a trivia challenge I am so going to partipate on my alt account seeing how my red text color won't even change.  

い わs へれ 

ーそうly 
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 735 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8722 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Arent you leaving Souly? Why would you want the forum rank?

Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 735 (870 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2272 posts

Jun 24, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

I never once said I was leaving to forums.  :smileytongue:

い わs へれ 

ーそうly 
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 735 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8722 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Soulycon wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:

PlayStation MVPSoulycon
PlayStation MVP

wrote:
Leaving PSN and Home soon.

Starting next month I plan on leaving PSN and Home for good.

I am far too busy with real life and I don't use my PS3 as much as I used to. The only time I'll use my PS3 is on Fridays for a few hours and that's about it.  I have made some good friends and some great enemies. (If you want to call 'em that.  Lol.) 

I will however continue to post on these forums, if I have the time.  

Anyways, it was nice meeting you guys and girls.  

PS.  Someday, I will return.  Someday.  

*isn't this forum part of the PSN?

Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 735 (855 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2272 posts

Jun 24, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:

Soulycon wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:

PlayStation MVPSoulycon
PlayStation MVP

wrote:
Leaving PSN and Home soon.

Starting next month I plan on leaving PSN and Home for good.

I am far too busy with real life and I don't use my PS3 as much as I used to. The only time I'll use my PS3 is on Fridays for a few hours and that's about it.  I have made some good friends and some great enemies. (If you want to call 'em that.  Lol.) 

I will however continue to post on these forums, if I have the time.  

Anyways, it was nice meeting you guys and girls.  

PS.  Someday, I will return.  Someday.  

*isn't this forum part of the PSN?

By PSN I mean my account on my PS3.  :smileytongue: Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.  

Meaning.  I won't be logging into my account(s) on my PS3.  So I am leaving PSN(PS3).  

I suck at explaing things.  v.v

い わs へれ 

ーそうly 
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 735 (847 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7054 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Interesting Theory, myalana.  Looks like we'll have to wait and find out!  :smileytongue:

No offense intended Bambi, but I'm curious just what part of my post you considered theoretical. As it is, when a non-MVP user hosts a contest there are people complaining about it being a popularity contest and claiming they are "rigged". If the idea is to have an MVP sposored contest in which only those who have been in attendance at MVP sponsored events can answer the questions, I don't see how one could expect any less. In fact, I believe the outcry would be even greater. Perhaps you haven't paid attention to the events or contests that were held by regular users, but I have.

To suggest that my response, Edea's or smokingpistol's is a "theory" seems somewhat out of touch with the general sentiment and a bit insulting. I would think that if the intent is truly to include all of the community, then one might address such concerns in a way that seeks to put such fears to rest such as:

"Duly noted. I can appreciate your concern and want to assure you that any questions asked in the Home Trivia Contest will not require participants to have been present at any MVP/Forum events past or future. The intent of this contest is to provide a bit of fun for the entire community and I apologize if it was taken otherwise."

You are certainly free to do as you wish but I'm not really sure that you fully understand how many will see this as yet another "in-crowd"/MVP event that others are not welcome to participate in or would even have a chance of winning. At any rate, good luck with this MVP sposored contest.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 735 (838 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3573 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Thank you for your suggestions.  I've taken note of everything as I said before I got this ironed out.  So you don't need to worry about how the questions are going to be.  For those that are concerned about the questions, there isn't a reason to be.  All PlayStation MVP events are open to the public.  The Questions with events tied in with the trivia, was true and there is more to it than you think.  As I said before, I'll be updating this as time gets closer. 

As far as offending me, you in no way offended me.  You're worried about to much and there isn't a reason you need to be.  This is supposed to be fun, and I'm just trying to make it fun from now till the time it starts it's future.  I personally don't understand why you are suggesting I say something you'd say.  Like I said, nothing to worry about, Y'all!  There is more to this than you think.  This is the way I combat certain situations.  Fun at first, Oh no!, oh okay, NO NOT THAT!, oh okay yes let's do this!

And another thing. . .  I'm never above anyone, I'm never below anyone, I'm always beside EVERYONE!  That's how I walk in here when I try to bring fun to this Community.  None of the content posted in the OP is taking anyone out of the picture for this Trivia fun.  Everyone in this Community is invited.  I appreciate everyone's concern, but as I said before we're not finished updating.  There is more to come.  No reason to be upset, you all will see and I'm sure you'll have fun!

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 735 (811 Views)
Limit Breaker
16092 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Give it a chance.

I am not the in crowd. I talk with anyone and everyone unless you push me away. Treat everyone as they are equal because really unless they show you differently,  if you're here or in Home then you/we share something. Home has enough on the outside to deal with, Support what we all do here.

I have not done a lot of events in a long time but recently I did a forum event, Two actually. A Flash mob that Al (non MVP) asked me to help with also.

What was the last event you helped with or supported? We do not have grand events anymore. Support the little ones we have. Make suggestions to help make them better. Let them play out and make suggestions. Hold your own. Whatever, just bring it together people. not apart.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 735 (786 Views)