Treasure Hunter
4869 posts

Re: Tribute/ Goodbye Glasswalls

Jun 14, 2013

Maybe Cade can come on here and tell the story of why he had the frosty head removed from the store.

That one always makes me laugh......:smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 241 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

OH wow...to be honest this kinda bums my day for some reason.

I've spoken to Glass a few times, took a swipe or two at 'em, but all in all still appreciated and liked the guy after taking a moment to realize just how much flack he was placed under simply because of his position. he didnt make the rules or the descisions and many times the messengers are the ones tied to the stake.

Whether or not he's replaced I seriously doubt that anyone will be able to manage to pull off what Glass did during his tenure.

And the odd thing is, I just was wondering what will become of Digital Platforms the other day if Sony has decided to not include Home on the PS4.

At this point it certainly doesnt look to promising though.

Oh well...one day chicken, next day feathers I guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 241 (612 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well if it's ok I have tears in my eyes. Home seems to be in such jeapardy these days. There are and have been so many wonderful people associated with it. There is no service like PlayStation Home. We have a community that doesn't always see eye to eye but for the most part we all truyly love this service of ours. 

Don't start because.. Aww!!

Cade just emailed saying he knows the thread is up but needs a few minutes to gather himself because he knows the tears will flow.

now for those of you out there just only see pixels in avatars.. Avatars have hearts.

Behind every Avatar on Home - there is a beating heart.  It just seems that some have forgotten that during their visits - unfortunately  :smileysad:

JPConway

P.S.  Cade my friend - "Happy Pride Month"  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 241 (574 Views)
Limit Breaker
15985 posts

Jun 14, 2013

come on homeboy I know you got a story or 3.

teddy will chime in later also. He was first wave MVP.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 241 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I only spoke with him once for a short period in a crowd but I will say I could tell I had his full attention for those few minutes which you don't get from many CM's 

I do know anytime I ever thought what home should have or even thought about home it  always seemed to be Home and Glass flash through my mind ,maybe it was the forums or speaking with him or just knowing who he was as far as home is/was concerned but Home and Glass will always be associated together when I think of Home as a whole.

I do wish cade the best in his ventures through life and happiness with whatever he chooses to pursue, its been a fun ride.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 241 (561 Views)
PlayStation MVP
603 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I am totally and utterly shocked wow. The Beacon of home. I hope the best for him and new adverntures in his life.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 241 (494 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14 posts

Jun 14, 2013

my first encounter with glasswalls was way back in the early days of home at a home conference meeting he came to. i've practically always associated hime with home so this will be quite the interesting transistion. there will never be another glasswalls, this i know. he will be missed by many

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 241 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

The first time I met Cade he was a moderator in Home. Along with fellow VLR club owners, we all planned to attend a streaming event (which was pretty new to us at the time) and practically took over the space dancing in sections and all having some pretty freakey fish hats.

He must have been in invisible mode or something of the sort, as I suddenly saw him appear and get excited over what was going on. He was excited to take pictures and dance with the group, and I remember that moment being a pretty big part of our dicussions in the following club meeting. In a mere 15 - 20 minutes, Cade made us feel exactly how special what we were doing actually was.

When Xi went from PDA mystery to actual PlayStation Home game, one of the clubs was assigned the task of seeking out people who tried to hinder the play experience with bubble machines to block pathways, and glitching to hinder players' views. We came with full reports to Locust Star, and not long after, I was invited to be part of the first wave in the HCV program.

It was there that I got to meet GlassWalls again, and this time on a more personal level. He was an exceptional man who loved PlayStation Home and its community, and it showed.

Of course, with my luck, I ended up going through an unexpected job change of my own, as the place where I was employed went out of business, and the best job I could find had me working night shifts. As a man who was excited to be hand picked to be in the first wave of HCVs, I was crushed to not be available for further meetings with fellow HCVs and not even be available to work in pairs with others as I was only capable of being on Home during off-peak hours. But, it was Cade who often kept in touch, and made me feel valuable as an HCV regardless by pointing out that off-peak hours were important as well and giving me the lowdown on meetings so I can continue to do my job adequately.

VLR was founded as a passionate group with experience in ARGs backing it to help solve the Xi mysteries. Our data on this forum was organized to help everyone take part and join in on the fun. But, when Xi came to an end, VLR lacked a purpose to bind them. As a founder, that was another blow to me as I watched VLR evolve and grow with only a handful truly sticking by one another as real friends. others simply came and went. Events were created to keep members engaged, but because of the group's new and largely diverse demographic, most events came coupled with member complaints as not every event can make every member happy anymore. Knowing that Cade was nothing short of amazing in rallying people together and making them feel at home, I approached him in secret about a singular event that, I felt, would re-unify the group.

Along with some of my real world friends, we began development of an ARG of our own. It came at great expense in both money and time, but because of its controversial story arc, I needed support from both forum and Home moderators. Before scrapping the project, I contacted Cade to see what he thought.

To my amazement, Cade was SUPER excited about the project, and told me that I had full support. My team and I got to working right away and began executing on the story arc which started with my real world abduction on video and a plea to save me. Initial turmoil was expected, and I watched the several threads belonging to VLR clubs go into chaos without a single moderator punishing those who started bending the rules in their posts. 

Unfortunately, the behavior in those discussions got worse over time and I could no longer expect moderators to stand by idly. So I ended the ARG and it ultimately flopped before it got the chance to take off. I disbanded the group and moved on, but I will never forget the support Cade lended to me and the project.

I'll never forget his support, his passion for Home, his ability to raise morale and rally people together and maintain peace. I now wish I kept in better touch since those days, as he was truly a great man beyond the Glasswalls most of you know him as.

He'll be sorely missed. But, wherever he goes and whatever he does, I know he'll do GREAT, and Cade... If you're reading this... 

Thank you for everything, and wherever you go, I wish you all the best.

~ Amir29

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 241 (476 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

come on homeboy I know you got a story or 3.

teddy will chime in later also. He was first wave MVP.

haha...yeah. I have a few. But I'm still trying to get over the shock. We haven't talked in a while. Life. 

I don't even know how to express how I feel right now. Gut-wrenched comes to mind. I'll post something more adequate when I'm better composed. 

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 241 (477 Views)
I Only Post Everything
501 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Well, that’s just great! As if my storage doesn’t have enough already, now I have to add the “I met GlassWalls at E3” t-shirt to the Island of Misfit Home items along with the T-shirts of New Year’s Eves past and other miscellanea. :smileytongue:

In all seriousness though, I’ve had very little interaction with Cade myself; but it’s clear he left a big imprint on Home the past few years. We the Community have had a tendency to complain about the bugs, the quirks, the lack of updates and other stuff. But the fact is, we haven’t given GW a lot of credit. I am guilty as much as anyone else. So for that, allow me to say: Thank you, Cade. Thank you four plus years of some wonderful experiences, events and privileges. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to meet some great individuals and friends that share a commonality of gaming. Thank you for doing all that you did to make Home a wonderfully expansive world. Thank you for bringing in the talent that gave us a staggering variety of great spaces and items. But most important of all: thank you for making me look like a hottie in the virtual world, even during those times when I resembled a troll IRL. :smileyvery-happy:

I remember a time when we had no less than four Community managers dedicated to Home, and for the past few years, with the huge redesign and everything else, we have only really had Cade. That shouldn’t be underestimated. Cade will be missed and whoever becomes his replacement will have some enormous sneakers to fill.

We all move on at some point. At some point, we will move on from Home as we know it. Which is why I say: enjoy it while you can.

Godspeed, Cade. May you enjoy your travels and I wish you the best success in your future endeavors. Don’t be a stranger. And TTFN.

~Miss_Ann
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 241 (460 Views)