Apr 18 2013
By: raiden362003 Hekseville Citizen 222 posts
Accepted Solution

To uninstall or not that's my question

7 replies 197 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

Last night I was at the pier, then soon after was booted with some new error. Then I spent 30 minutes trying to log back in but kept getting trouble downloading content. I gave up and went to bed. I get home and try to log in to home and it takes forever if it even loads and then the moment im in I get booted with an M10 or M16 error.  Since the core update 1.70 has done nothing FOR ME but usher in daily beatings of M10 errors. Oh wow just tried to go to my default space and a new error M21 sweet. Anyway, I clear my cache at least twice a week sometimes more, I have checked rechecked and triple checked my connections and internet everything on this end is running fine. The only other option is to uninstall home the only reason why I don't or haven't yet is because the last time I did it screwed up my locoisland and I lost points in other games. I lost all my 2500+ pickories I had saved up and the island had to re unlock everything. I also have 5000+ points from southern island. Im worried if I do uninstall home to try and fix this M10 problem will I lose my stuff that I've worked for...A couple of times. Im not sure since they moved everything to their servers its why im asking here to see if others have uninstalled since the 1.70 update and what I can expect to find when I reinstall it.

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 1 of 8 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1206 posts

Re: To uninstall or not that's my question

Apr 18, 2013

The reason you lost your pickories was most likely due to a corrupted script file or you deleted it before uninstalling Home. Since everything is stored on Sony's servers now unlike before when your files were stored local to your machine you shouldn't run into any issue if you wish to uninstall Home.

Message 2 of 8 (188 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Thank you for the information gladly appreciated. Now I just hope uninstalling home isn't in vain and will help with the errors, my hope isn't very high though but my frustration is :smileywink:

Message 3 of 8 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2897 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

In my attempt to get back into the fray and check out Home again, it's, of course, hanging on the loading screen. A new issue, I presume? I'm guessing this is going to require a deletion and install as well. >.<

Message 4 of 8 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

Apr 18, 2013

i gave it one more try before I deleted home and i made it in. I will probably delete home and re install it anyway if the M(added the number here) keeps up at its current pace.

Message 5 of 8 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Apr 18, 2013

halo_nothing wrote:

The reason you lost your pickories was most likely due to a corrupted script file or you deleted it before uninstalling Home. Since everything is stored on Sony's servers now unlike before when your files were stored local to your machine you shouldn't run into any issue if you wish to uninstall Home.

That's one way to look at it.  The other is because everything is stored on Sony's servers now unlike before when your files were stored local to your machine you can no longer restore a backup copy of your files, like the script file in the event a file get's corrupted while in Home.  Instead, now all your progress is wiped out and you have to start from scratch.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 6 of 8 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2744 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I have been following the Home Support Forums today. This seems to be a problem day. There is a flood od M-? errors, disconnects and download problems. For me, over the past 3 months, it seems most problems now are on the Servers or with update software conflicts. My solution has been to shut down Home for a day or two. All my recent problems were corrected on the Server side and not by any action on my part.

Posted Image

Message 7 of 8 (92 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4051 posts

Apr 18, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:

I have been following the Home Support Forums today. This seems to be a problem day. There is a flood od M-? errors, disconnects and download problems. For me, over the past 3 months, it seems most problems now are on the Servers or with update software conflicts. My solution has been to shut down Home for a day or two. All my recent problems were corrected on the Server side and not by any action on my part.

This seems to be my experience, as well.  While it may make you feel better to do something to try to correct it, you may just be wasting your time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 8 (68 Views)
0 Likes