Fender Bender
3344 posts

Re: !!!To sony and to true gap members only!!!

May 4, 2007

Jernell2005 wrote:
What is going on with sony, I see all the new accounts that just signed up about two months ago saying that they have just downloaded the home beta from the store. I mean atleast give it to some people who  have been here atleast a year or more. I see all these newbies claiming that they have recieved the download. Sony if you dont want information leaked , give it to someone who has been on the boards for a while. When i was selected to be in the gap it was a honor ,i felt good about it. It took me like 5 months to get in the GAP. Now it seems in order for someone to get in they  just  need to set up a account. This is a slap in the face to your loyal gap members, and another thing is why did you send out all those e-mails if everyone was not going to get in, i mean wouldnt the person who is receiving the mail automatically qualify for beta, once they signed up. !'m not hating on the newbies or anything because i know that you guys do not control this, but sony should think a little before making these choices. Yes newbies should have a chance to be in beta but those spots shuld go gap members first.

I understand how you feel as I'm also bummed that I didn't get in.  Howerver, you have to understand that for a test of this nature to be effective, there has to be randomness to it.  If they only chose GAP members, then your population sample is biased, and therefore you will get biased results.   You need a diverse sample that closely represents who will be using home as a final product.  The best way to do this is randomness. 

Let's just move on.  It's not like you worked hard for the position and you didn't get it or as if we are never gonna see home.  We will see it, and when we see it, it will be better than it is right now because our fellow gamers that got in will help shape the final product.

Image hosting by Photobucket
PSN ID: Demayor - Feel free to add me -
Message 51 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
270 posts

May 4, 2007
To all the people who are calling  others "Crybabies" and "whiners"....how would yopu feel if you worked at a store for years and years and some new employee made manager his first year?  and granted sony has once again not gone about this the best way possible. but they did say it was gonna be random. i would love to have been selected, but so far no dice.... Ive been a GAP member for a long time, I never post unless i have something to say. I do feel a bit jaded about not being selected.but I can live with it. I understand why oters are upset as well.
Message 52 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 4, 2007

wrote:

Thanks for this post.  I was feeling really down about this whole "not accepted to Home" deal, but after reading your post, I feel alot better because it rings very true.  ...

or them to send me an invitation and just NEVER GET BACK TO ME, really makes me feel like I've been left in the dark.

Take this analogy into consideration:  A really hot girl you out for coffee, and you say yes.  She says she MAY date you long term, and you say ok.  Then she starts seeing some other guys and NEVER gets back to you.  NEVER.  And you can't even ask her about it cause she's a Sony Rep. LOL That's what it feels like. 

I've come to the point where I have accepted my rejection, but I just wanted to say thanks for this post because it helped alot.  Sounds dumb, but whatever.

What a nice thing to say!  I'm glad I could help you feel a little better.

I like your analogy very much   Home isn't the first beta test I was invited to, but ultimately not accepted into the pool of testers for.  At least in my experience, they've always sent confirmation emails to those who were accepted, but nothing to those who weren't.  It would be much easier to move on if they let you know either way instead of leaving you hanging.  It's just common courtesy, IMHO, to send out a message like "Thank you for your interest in the Home beta test.  We've filled our quota for testers faster than we anticipated, and unfortunately are unable to offer you a position at this time.  We will certainly keep you in mind for future beta-testing opportunities as the need may arise in the future."

Try not to be too disappointed.  Now that spring is here, I'm going to be using this time to catch up on the games I haven't time for yet, starting with Puzzle Quest on the PSP. 
Message 53 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

May 4, 2007
An FYI for people complaining about "new" members. Their forum sign up date isn't the same as their PlayStation Underground sign up date. Some of these people could have been around longer than most of you.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 54 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 4, 2007
ok i am in g.a.p. and did not get picked yes i am a little disappointed but that wont make me through out my ps3 yeah home looks kinda cool but i cant kill anyone in it so whats the big deal stop crying and get on with life i dont know maybe find a woman
Message 55 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

May 4, 2007

Jernell2005 wrote:
What is going on with sony, I see all the new accounts that just signed up about two months ago saying that they have just downloaded the home beta from the store. I mean atleast give it to some people who  have been here atleast a year or more. I see all these newbies claiming that they have recieved the download. Sony if you dont want information leaked , give it to someone who has been on the boards for a while. When i was selected to be in the gap it was a honor ,i felt good about it. It took me like 5 months to get in the GAP. Now it seems in order for someone to get in they  just  need to set up a account. This is a slap in the face to your loyal gap members, and another thing is why did you send out all those e-mails if everyone was not going to get in, i mean wouldnt the person who is receiving the mail automatically qualify for beta, once they signed up. !'m not hating on the newbies or anything because i know that you guys do not control this, but sony should think a little before making these choices. Yes newbies should have a chance to be in beta but those spots shuld go gap members first.

I see why you wanted this thread to be for Sony and G.A.P members only......you're a G.A.P member and that's cool, but that doesn't mean you stand above anyone else...You not getting in th Home beta proves that....life goes on after not getting in a beta........
Photobucket
Message 56 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3026 posts

May 4, 2007
Dont get all excited about his post. Hes still young and full of emotions, at that age nothing matters except HOME.
AA sig
Message 57 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

May 4, 2007
...WOW....that's too bad
Photobucket
Message 58 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

May 4, 2007

Amon Amarth wrote:
Dont get all excited about his post. Hes still young and full of emotions, at that age nothing matters except HOME.

Ive noticed a lot of posters on the forums are above 25. Im 23 myself but ive been gaming since, turbo grafix-16, sega cd, sega 32 fx, nintendo of course, actually ive even had a little time with Atari the big comptuer monitor thingy, but i was really young then.
Message 59 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

May 4, 2007
right now I am working on gettin accepted into G.A.P. what better time than now? PS3 is out and you knwo online gaming is the key. We have killzone, warhawk, open beta for home, etc.. so there will be plenty of betas to come.
Message 60 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes