Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1317 posts

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 18, 2013
hellokittyxo wrote:

Last Tip from me.........Don't stop grinding or you'll get passed :smileytongue: lol, pretty obvious, but if you take a few days off you're usually done for.

LunarEmerald wrote :

I took a week off and went from 24 to 32. I think my score is high enough to maintain top 100 but I rather not take that risk and it'd be cool to get the top 50 prize as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, I just passed you yesterday. Your score was high enough to sit there for awhile safely, but It looks like rank30-rank50 or so are only separated by about 30k which really isn't much. That's 1 day of aggressively grinding :/. Goanna be a fight to the end.

Message 21 of 331 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 18, 2013

That's the weekend for you.

Message 22 of 331 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 18, 2013

One note on the Blue Ogres. I was backing off from them as well, until I realized that you can defend their attack in place with the Metal Rod.

I'm using the rod and the worn Samurai armor, as well as the Demon face mask for an extra +1 defense, and I take zero damage from them when I defend.

After defending, a jump hit takes them out in one shot, and they're usually in front of me for easy targeting.

This will shave a few seconds off each Blue Ogre, which adds up after a while.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 23 of 331 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Feb 18, 2013
You do take damage while guarding, but against the blue oni it's absolutely minuscule. Also, unless you're in a large group of enemies, I personally find the jump or spin attack to be useless. The time it takes to recover from those attacks makes it more efficient to just attack normally since all attacks with the Rods have a very large area in front of and behind your avi.
Message 24 of 331 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

Last Tip from me.........Don't stop grinding or you'll get passed :smileytongue: lol, pretty obvious, but if you take a few days off you're usually done for.

Very true. I was really getting sick of it so I basically just quit...I can very rarely commit to something for this long, so I'm surprised I got as far as I did. I'm very impatient and have a short attention span, so it was remarkable I was in the top 10 for 2 weeks lol. There wasn't much else to do at first, but it was annoying not being able to decorate my City of Flowers. When Peakvox Labs came out however, that just sealed it for me. No way I was grinding for a pallette swapped hold-square LMO when I could be doing stuff in the labs, I've been waiting for this to be in NA for almost 2 years now!

With my high score, I'll still  be in the top 100 (I hope), plus I'll be playing more this week with the new armor and higher bonus. That should make things less tedious, I really hate that stupid slow club...

Message 25 of 331 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3328 posts

Feb 19, 2013

YojimaruGinkiba wrote:
Yes... Black Metal Rod is STILL the most OP in flat damage. Don't know why they even bothered releasing the elemental rods. I bought the Water rod because the event article gave the impression that it would be the superior choice against the Red Oni.

It takes two hits to kill the blue oni, with full dokuganryu armor and pills. 5 to kill the Red Oni. The black rod one shots Blue Oni and takes 5 to kill the Red. No advantage over the Black Rod whatsoever, a rip off in fact since it gives less attack power.

I bought the entire black dokuganryu black armor set, the face guard, and the black metal rod and I had 89 attack, and 40 defense. It took one hit to kill a blue ogre, about five for a red ogre, and around eight for the oni-cyclops. It only takes 5-7 minutes for me to complete the mission now. And I have the Row Houses which helps. You are right, the other two rods are rips offs and the black rod is the best one to get.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 26 of 331 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Hi folks. Just need some advice. I've played this game using a Renowned Blade (Red) with a Crested Haori Coat and some random leggings with sandals. I believe I have 43 attack and little defense. I am very interested however in purchasing a full samurai armor set with the mask and also a Black Rod (even though I think the sword is much cooler..)  I am really liking the Red Dokuganryu one but I also understand that the Oni one is going to be released in a few days. I honestly prefer the looks for the Dokuganryu one but I believe the newer one is better. What do you folks think I should do?

Message 27 of 331 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3328 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Hi folks. Just need some advice. I've played this game using a Renowned Blade (Red) with a Crested Haori Coat and some random leggings with sandals. I believe I have 43 attack and little defense. I am very interested however in purchasing a full samurai armor set with the mask and also a Black Rod (even though I think the sword is much cooler..)  I am really liking the Red Dokuganryu one but I also understand that the Oni one is going to be released in a few days. I honestly prefer the looks for the Dokuganryu one but I believe the newer one is better. What do you folks think I should do?

Well the Dokuganryu set gives you 89 Attack (Well with the Rod) But I think it's up to you. I would wait till the new one gets released to see how much it helps. That way you can decide on which one to get when both are released.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 28 of 331 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Demon Armor honestly seems like gimmick armor to me. Less defense and less attack than Dokuganryu. Its selling point is the 40% damage reduction from onis. As long as you aren't terrible with blocking with the rods then that shouldn't matter.

The 40% damage reduction is doubtedly to make up for the newer weapons not having metal's insane blocking power. Dokuganryu + one of the new weapons may become the most efficient method of gaining points due to their increased speed and higher multiplier. The downside to this is you can't rely on blocking. You're a lot more fragile and have to avoid being hit entirely.

Message 29 of 331 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Japan's top leader has 2 million points. Right now our top leader has 1 million. That wouldn't even be enough to break top 10 there. Japan only had a week head start too.

My position 28th with 200k is 800k in Japan.

People are crazy.

Message 30 of 331 (197 Views)
0 Likes